EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I will watch the England games.

And that is all. Still finding football and everything associated with it extremely boring. Fuck knows why I shelled out another £1200 for an ST.
I reckon I'll watch some.games I have no side to support as some of those are amazing games and all without the stress of winning or losing!

Well I suppose its just natural affinity for who you deem to be closest to you.

We are separate countries within the United Kingdom but I'd like to think that we'd have each other's backs (despite all the 'who hates who the most' ). And I get that no one likes England but I think that's more about 'England the institution/government' rather than the people of England/Scotland/NI/Wales.

No one separates out Scotland, England, Wales, NI etc at the Olympics and I think that's great so it would be even weirder not to at least support the home teams.
Isn't that because it's a UK/GB team at the Olympics?

I hardly ever watch a qualifier or friendly, so I am super looking forward to watch Italy tonight, even more because we weren't there in the last WC. Not a lot of quality , but no pressure either. Andiamo!!!🇮🇹

Despite one person talking nonsense in this thread that seems to be obsessed with silky midfielders, England actually have a more than decent midfield that matches up to most. Rice, Bellingham and Mount are an excellent trio, and will all only get better. Though Henderson or Phillips will likely start ahead of Bellingham knowing Southgate.
I hope I'm wrong. Let's see if we can keep the ball properly against a top nation.

We had the same problem with the so called golden generation. Watch the quarter final defeats against Portugal and we couldn't keep the ball in the middle of the pitch

Also worth bearing in mind how early it is in these players careers - in 2 to 4 years time that trio could be top quality

I hope I'm wrong. Let's see if we can keep the ball properly against a top nation.

We had the same problem with the so called golden generation. Watch the quarter final defeats agaisnt Portugal and we couldn't keep the ball in the middle of the pitch

I'm not saying it hasn't been a problem in the past. But Mount is good on the ball, as is Bellingham. Rice is also comfortable, especially for a defensive midfielder. We won't be as good technically as Croatia's midfield three no matter who we pick, but it's not like we have runners in midfield without any ability themselves. Our strengths are something Croatia really lack, so we should concentrate on those to an extent.

I'm not saying it hasn't been a problem in the past. But Mount is good on the ball, as is Bellingham. Rice is also comfortable, especially for a defensive midfielder. We won't be as good technically as Croatia's midfield three no matter who we pick, but it's not like we have runners in midfield without any ability themselves. Our strengths are something Croatia really lack, so we should concentrate on those to an extent.
I dont see it being so much of a problem against Croatia as they are not the same team going forward with the likes Perisic, but i see it causing problems later down the line.

I dont see it being so much of a problem against Croatia as they are not the same team going forward with the likes Perisic, but i see it causing problems later down the line.

With the players we have, the pace we have, we should be a counter-attacking side, at least against the better sides. It doesn't matter if we give the opposition 60-65% possession as long as it's not in areas that can hurt us. The key for us will be to not chase after it when it's in areas where opponents can't hurt us, as that's how you knacker yourself out obviously. So you let the defenders and defensive midfielders have it as much as they want, and close down once they get to a certain part of the pitch or the ball is with players that can make something happen.

Turkiye Turkiye!!! 🇹🇷 got married in Italy, so have a soft spot for the Italians but my Turkish Cypriot heritage wins any day. Turkiye!!!! England all the way, but will be supporting Turkey too

Back
Top Bottom