EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought Spain should have won, though easily could have lost, but all in all looked quite ordinary. Early days though so I won't write them off. But I think it's fair to say they aren't a patch on the team they had just a few years ago.

Spain transitions are too slow to unlock packed defences like that. Everytime they have a chance to counter or attack quickly, they slow down and make it a positional attack again.

I know it’s how they played for years and I like this style but it’s worked because they had top tier players which is not the case anymore.
The key to undo them.

Had a feeling it would be a pretty poor game and wasn't dissapointed. It wasn't the worst game ever, it did have quite a few chances. Just played at a really plodding pace throughout. Sweden are Sweden and Spain are a million miles away from what they were.

I will happily take one point and ruin xG in front of all of Europe. But I expected more progressive football considering that Sweden spent two years working on how to play against teams like Spain. We've played much better football in all other games this "season".

But as I said, I can't complain about the point.

I don’t know what XG means , it’s kind of Ticatak 2.0 but with no goals

Expected goals.... It's modern football jive... I learned it here. :)

(Interpretation: They had virtually ALL of the ball yet created fuck all decent chances..... So yes; ultra boring.)

Had a feeling it would be a pretty poor game and wasn't dissapointed. It wasn't the worst game ever, it did have quite a few chances. Just played at a really plodding pace throughout. Sweden are Sweden and Spain are a million miles away from what they were.
It was 30C to be fair. I did a 3.5M run at lunch and it was 26C, was stifling

It was 30C to be fair. I did a 3.5M run at lunch and it was 26C, was stifling

Well the Spanish should be fine but I definitely feel a bit for Sweden in that case. Just watching the England game from my chair with a fan blowing on me (shame the Misses wouldn't) and an air-con blasting I was sweltering yesterday.

Spain squad at Euro 2012: Casillas, Valdes, Reina; Alba, Albiol, Arbeloa, Ramos, Juanfran, Piqué, Martínez; Alonso, Silva, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Fàbregas, Cazorla, Navas, Mata; Llorente, Torres, Negredo, Pedro.

They're playing the same way but without the players to do it.

Felt like Southgate managing Spain :llorishuh:

didnt he start in the last string of games they needed to win to bring home UCL? i assume thats coz he was 'coming' right
He did, but that was with Dippers running out of option. Milner got moved and started in midfield, but eventually also got injured, and Thiago stayed from then on. Naby Keita is both flop and crock at the same time. Chamberlain has been squad filler since he came back after that big injury a few season back.

Thiago main competition is Curtis Jones. Him winning out is understandable, especially during season end business, most managers would stick with whatever is working. Thiago performance is not any better than the earlier IMO. Their attack getting some form carried them.

I made the right decision to watch Corrie then :)

Is it just me or is the after match commentary going on and on and on................................. this refers to all the games so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom