Europa Conference League 2021/22; potential QR2 vs Honka Espoo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How far will we reach?

• Total voters
We'd probably have to win the thing just to get as many points as we would if went out of the group stages of the Europa League

From Champions League final to this......... And in the quickest time possible.
don't think it works that way, Woolwich still have a high coefficient even though only been in europa

Play the under 23's.

Given how shit the teams we played in the group stages of the EL were i dread to think what level this nonsense will be.
But you have to remember how shite we was in the 1990s

f23ca89ee809e9848f9c77a1e0916422296040f5.gifv

I’ve just been reading up on this and it’s a pile of shit. They’ve basically taken the preliminary and qualifying Europa League rounds and made them into a separate tournament with a ridiculous number of teams.
It’s the usual group stage followed by knockout rounds so lots of games to play for very little financial reward and a europa league place. Also there are multiple times that teams knocked out of the europa league and champions league join this which is something I hate as it makes it harder for teams from the smaller leagues and nations to win.
Knowing our luck we’ll end up finishing seventh in the league to qualify for this and Levy will keep Mourinho on as we’re in Europe next season. Honestly I think if we get into this we should play the under 23s.

Everytime I hear about this tournament, I close my eyes, hear "Luuuuucas Mouraaaaa!", picture all of the Ajax players laying about and Poch crying on the pitch, and pray everything since has been a bad, bad dream.

When it comes to most prestigious European competitions right now, the ECL achieves an impressive bronze medal.

There will be 184 teams entered in this exciting competition.
Here are some more details:
UEFA Europa Conference League: all you need to know

Luckily it's looking like Dynamo Zagreb may not qualify for this competition because they're doing too well in the Croatian league, so we may avoid this arch nemesis.

COYS

9Teok0F.png
Having had a look at that list it is possible we could get drawn against the team that finished 3rd in Gibraltar league.

:dembelelol:

Fully expect the 2nd xi to make a complete hash of it and Son and Kane being subbed on in the 60 min to finish the job.

If we lose to City do we still have to play this turgid embarrassment? That will be the ultimate humiliation.
If we finish 6th (with Southampton winning FA Cup), or 7th (with Chelsea or Leicester winning it) then yes.

Just like winning the League Cup does not automatically mean we are in the UECL next season.
If one of the Top 5 win the FA Cup, League Cup win would mean Europa League.

The access order of our 7 Euro places is :-

Top 4 Premier League
FA Cup (likely to be won be a team in Top 5 so position vacated)
5th
League Cup (spot will be vacated if Man City win)
6th
7th

4 spots in CL, 2 in Europa, 1 in UECL

Likelihood at moment beat Man City we will be in Europa League.
Don't beat them we are in a fight with Everton to finish 7th and get a UECL place

Last edited:
Having had a look at that list it is possible we could get drawn against the team that finished 3rd in Gibraltar league.

:dembelelol:

Fully expect the 2nd xi to make a complete hash of it and Son and Kane being subbed on in the 60 min to finish the job.
Would make a great away day :levyeyes:

So if City beat us next week and its a Leicester v Chelsea cup final am i right in thinking 7th place gets into this steaming pile of turd? If so we really need to finish 8th as i dont see us getting any higher than 7th. Bloody hell what a season.

I would definitely prefer to be in this competition than not be in any European competition.

Good opportunity to see Scarlett, Devine, and Cirkin in action? I don't get to seem them much apart from pre season so don't mind it. Decent experience for them too.

Back
Top Bottom