Europa Conference League 2021/22; potential QR2 vs Honka Espoo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How far will we reach?

• Total voters
We should treat this as a competition for the academy players. If I were the manager I’m not even sure I’d attend the matches. Just let the academy staff run it.
I think people really need to stop and consider the extent to which this sort of viewpoint is just doing the handiwork of the European Super League as a concept and an ideology.

Now, there is a LOT UEFA could do to make their secondary competitions more effective and dramatic. In structure and perhaps even more so in name the ECL as it exists just proves they've lost the plot. I get and accept all of that, and have a million ideas for improving things.

But it's European silverware, and we should compete for it proudly and sincerely.

Had to do it myself:

So far:

Play-offs:
Villareal (SPA)
Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
Union Berlin (GER)
Roma (ITA)
Rennes (FRA)

3rd qualifying rounds:
Pacos de Ferreira (POR)
Rubin Kazan (RUS)
Anderlecht (BEL)
Kolos Kovalivka (UKR)
Vitesse (NEL)
Trabzonspor (TUR)
LASK (AUT)

2nd qualifying rounds:
Santa Clara (POR)
Sochi (RUS)
Gent (BEL)
Vorskla Paltova (UKR)
Feyernoord (NEL)
Sivasspor (TUR)
Hibernian (SCO)
Aberdeen (SCO)
Slovacko (CHE)
Apollon Limmasol (CYP)
AEL Limmasol (CYP)
Basel (SWI)
Servette (SWI)
PAOK (GRE)
Aris Thessaloniki (GRE)
AEK Athens (GRE)
Partizan (SER)
Cukaricki (SER)
Vojvodina (SER)
Elfsborg (SWE)
Hacken (SWE)
Molde (NOR)
Valerenga (NOR)
Rosenborg (NOR)
Tobol (KAZ)
Astana (KAZ)
Shakter Karagandy (KAZ)
BATE Borisov (BER)
Torpedo Zhodino (BER)
Dynamo Brest (BER)
Qarabag (AZE)
Sumgayit (AZE)
CSKA Sofia (BUL)
Lokomotiv Plovdiv (BUL)
Universitatea Craiova (MOL)
FCSB (MOL)
Rakow Czestochowa (POL)
Pogon Szczecin (POL)
Dunajska Streda (SLK)

+ All the garbage from 1st qualifying rounds

Been done for you - still a few teams to add - listing two thirds down the page 2021–22 UEFA Europa Conference League - Wikipedia

We should treat this competition seriously. It's basically Europa League with some village teams, which we could face, obviously.

Also Mourinho' Roma and Emery's Villareal are very though opponents.

Lets win it!

We should treat this competition seriously. It's basically Europa League with some village teams, which we could face, obviously.

Also Mourinho' Roma and Emery's Villareal are very though opponents.

Lets win it!
Seriously? A poor man's Europa League? It's not even worth the effort, don't even register any first team players. If we won it, it should not even count. Bin it off. It's a joke

No, I'd rather win a actual tournament of note, not a tinpot cup they just created. It's like counting the Audi cup as a trophy.
Nah, you just don't see the full picture.

As I told you, its like Europa League and it will good and serious football at least in the QF's, Semi-finals and I promise you that the final will be like Roma-Tottenham, Roma-Villareal, Tottenham-Villareal, which sounds nice, doesn't it?

Nah, you just don't see the full picture.

As I told you, its like Europa League and it will good and serious football at least in the QF's, Semi-finals and I promise you that the final will be like Roma-Tottenham, Roma-Villareal, Tottenham-Villareal, which sounds nice, doesn't it?
It's not like the Europa League if the teams in it are of an even lower standard. Yes the teams you mentioned are Europa League level opposition but come on, we cannot be prioritising this.

It's not like the Europa League if the teams in it are of an even lower standard. Yes the teams you mentioned are Europa League level opposition but come on, we cannot be prioritising this.
You'll see. You'll change your mind by the time it comes.

It does sound shit, I can see why, but we made by getting higher than Woolwich, that win vs Leicester was nice if we get far in this tournament, I think we will take it very seriously.

As we should, were not at the moment when we should pick what trophy to win.

Really hope we get a Finnish side at some stage in this with my partner being from Finland.
Would be great to accompany a group of her sport loving family to watch Spurs on their turf..

Just hope it's not away in January. Can get pretty nippy and a guaranteed floodlight fixture.

If not, I'm sure there will be a few funky away cities to visit. Really looking forward to it.

Think how it will feel for some of these sides to draw Tottenham. Coming to play at our stadium will be the stuff of their dreams. I take pride in that and hope we take this seriously - as any trophy could act as a spring board.

UEFA can't dictate what players and coaches we send, surely?

I see no reason why we don't use this to get good experience for the U23s. Better then them making an occasional bench option in the Europa league.

I mean UEFA tried to ban Spurs in the 90s for a year for sending scrub squads to the Intertoto Cup though it got turned into a fine instead. So who knows, UEFA does some weird things.

Back
Top Bottom