Europa Conference - Mura (A) 25th November 17:45KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well that was embarrassing and although it is early days for Conte perhaps Mourinho & Nuno were harshly sacked as it is the players that need sacking. Hopes that Conte could quickly turn our fortunes around well and truly dashed. Another first half where we just failed to actually look like scoring. I do not want us to spend any money on defenders in January despite having problems as we need to spend on players that will improve our number of goals scored.
Whilst Sanchez was crap and at fault for both goals, against this team we should be scoring more than 1 goal. To think I was concerned we would be only 1 goal up with 10 mins to go. Even the attacking subs did very little.
I don’t think Nuno had the balls to put Levy under any sort of pressure for reinforcements/ replacements and had to go. Conte will demand it but even then this shitshow is not a quick fix and we will be treading water until January.

Why the hell do successive managers go into these games thinking that these lesser opponents will simply roll over? Why don't we play the full first 11, batter the snot out of them and and then introduce the lesser players or academy lads to replace the key first teamers and play a frustrating defensive formation to see the game out?

Surely its better to have the game in the bag and the opposition demoralised rather than risk them getting the wind into their sails, and playing a blinder.

How do you stand on the disrespect and abuse shown to professional footballers by the footballing nonentities on here ?

How do you know he didn't give more than the current crop though. Sure he was no stunner, but he used to put a shift in, making the most of the meagre talents (by comparison to other players of the same era) he had by busting his balls every time he played.

Is he that badly informed - he played premier league football for us, does he know less about football than the people that post on here? I doubt it somehow.
People on here don’t give their opinions for a salary. I can block them if they talk bollocks. They have no responsibility towards a “fellow professional” because they’re not professionals , so what is said on here or in pubs up and down the country doesn’t matter, it’s meaningless.

I’ve already drawn an example of how poor his opinion is: He thinks we should have smashed them last night, but then he goes on to criticise the players for having that attitude !! That’s utter drivel, it’s utter nonsense. That’s how poor his takes are, there not intelligent, that’s why he’s a meme pundit like Merson.

I don't hate O'Hara. I can't stand the disrespect he's dishing out to fellow professional footballers ALL of whom have achieved far, far more than he ever did in his entire career.

If he would have had half the level of dedication, professionalism, devotion they have then maybe he could have been a far better player himself. I don't rate some of the players he's talking about but everyone has achieved more than him, they've done this by dedicating themselves to their profession. No getting pissed falling out of nightclubs, all of them playing for their country and all of them playing more games at the top level than he did.

He can criticise, no problem with this but to have the temerity to suggest he gave more than them when he wore the shirt has blown my mind and is simply not true.

Yes, we need more Spurs voices in the media but not his ill-informed bollocks, he's turning into a meme, no different to Merson.
What was ill informed about what he said though? Was he wrong in anyway about that performance last night? I agree he wasnt brilliant for us far from it but then again he didnt didnt have the ability to squander like this shower.
Its about time these players were publically called out imo for what its worth theyve been putting in those type of performances for too long and still getting away with it.
What devotion, dedication, and professionalism have ndombele, dele, doherty shown lately

People on here don’t give their opinions for a salary. I can block them if they talk bollocks. They have no responsibility towards a “fellow professional” because they’re not professionals , so what is said on here or in pubs up and down the country doesn’t matter, it’s meaningless.

I’ve already drawn an example of how poor his opinion is: He thinks we should have smashed them last night, but then he goes on to criticise the players for having that attitude !! That’s utter drivel, it’s utter nonsense. That’s how poor his takes are, there not intelligent, that’s why he’s a meme pundit like Merson.
So you think you have a greater understanding of the effort it takes to be a professional footballer, than someone who was one, and you believe that we shouldn't have beaten them handsomely, with the market value talent we had out there?
You also believe that he was wrong to criticise the attitude they displayed in the way they went about their business?

Have to be honest here Guido.
I'm with Jamie on this one.

The only mitigation I can offer is that they had a poor perception of Mura's skill and determination - and underestimated their desire to fight, and got taken by surprise.
Or that two years of having no risk, defensive minded, passive turgid training - drummed into them, they forgot how to attack with brio and underestimated their own ability to destroy their opponents.
It looked to all intents and purposes like they just thought "fuck it, we'll do them - no rush"

O'Hara might not be Steven Fry, or Brian Cox, but I'm betting that he can spot a bunch of underperforming lazy footballers when he sees them.

What was ill informed about what he said though? Was he wrong in anyway about that performance last night? I agree he wasnt brilliant for us far from it but then again he didnt didnt have the ability to squander like this shower.
Its about time these players were publically called out imo for what its worth theyve been putting in those type of performances for too long and still getting away with it.
What devotion, dedication, and professionalism have ndombele, dele, doherty shown lately

He was actually right for once, he summed the situation up perfectly although it's massively rich coming form him, it's not as if he pulled up any tress at Spurs.

But anyway the main issue I have with him is that more often that not he's a rent a gob, shouts his mouth off and generally speaks a heap of shit, perfect for TalkSport actually.

So you think you have a greater understanding of the effort it takes to be a professional footballer, than someone who was one, and you believe that we shouldn't have beaten them handsomely, with the market value talent we had out there?
You also believe that he was wrong to criticise the attitude they displayed in the way they went about their business?

Have to be honest here Guido.
I'm with Jamie on this one.

The only mitigation I can offer is that they had a poor perception of Mura's skill and determination - and underestimated their desire to fight, and got taken by surprise.
Or that two years of having no risk, defensive minded, passive turgid training - drummed into them, they forgot how to attack with brio and underestimated their own ability to destroy their opponents.
It looked to all intents and purposes like they just thought "fuck it, we'll do them - no rush"

O'Hara might not be Steven Fry, or Brian Cox, but I'm betting that he can spot a bunch of underperforming lazy footballers when he sees them.
I was a failed professional footballer. Someone that wasted the opportunity I had (in fact at the time I didn't even recognise I even had an opportunity such was my negligence and attitude).

But no, I'm not even stating that. I stated that a not very good footballer, who only made 24 league appearances for us and most of those were from the bench, who scored just 2 league goals in 5yrs from midfield, who was regularly pissing it up in Faces nightclub, falling out the back of Taxi's blind drunk and therefore wasn't anywhere near focused enough on his career as a professional sportsman, is ripping into players telling them they aren't worthy to wear the shirt and that when he put on the shirt he gave his all, is talking like a cunt. Every single one of the players he is calling out has achieved more than him in the professional game, some have done this in less than a year compared to his entire football career.

I'm also saying that part of his rant is uneducated nonsense, it doesn't stack up, as you can't have a go at players saying their attitude was wrong by assuming all they had to do was turn up to beat this team, whilst simultaneously rant that we should have beat the oppo easily because they were shit. YOU CAN'T ARGUE BOTH THESE THINGS!

I was a failed professional footballer. Someone that wasted the opportunity I had (in fact at the time I didn't even recognise I even had an opportunity such was my negligence and attitude).

But no, I'm not even stating that. I stated that a not very good footballer, who only made 24 league appearances for us and most of those were from the bench, who scored just 2 league goals in 5yrs from midfield, who was regularly pissing it up in Faces nightclub, falling out the back of Taxi's blind drunk and therefore wasn't anywhere near focused enough on his career as a professional sportsman, is ripping into players telling them they aren't worthy to wear the shirt and that when he put on the shirt he gave his all, is talking like a cunt. Every single one of the players he is calling out has achieved more than him in the professional game, some have done this in less than a year compared to his entire football career.

I'm also saying that part of his rant is uneducated nonsense, it doesn't stack up, as you can't have a go at players saying their attitude was wrong by assuming all they had to do was turn up to beat this team, whilst simultaneously rant that we should have beat the oppo easily because they were shit. YOU CAN'T ARGUE BOTH THESE THINGS!
Not sure why you can't say both, if they played another 20 games we'd win them all, because even the starting 11 are better footballers. When the second half side got the equaliser they switched off and backed off on the pressure and intensity, and the only people that didn't see that goal coming were the Spurs players. So I don't see your beef, the starters showed no intent, went one down and continued to play at who cares speed, and then sat back and watched them score when it was too late to do anything.

You're right that OHara was a waster as a player, but it doesn't mean he doesn't understand what he saw on the pitch.

Not sure why you can't say both, if they played another 20 games we'd win them all, because even the starting 11 are better footballers. When the second half side got the equaliser they switched off and backed off on the pressure and intensity, and the only people that didn't see that goal coming were the Spurs players. So I don't see your beef, the starters showed no intent, went one down and continued to play at who cares speed, and then sat back and watched them score when it was too late to do anything.

You're right that OHara was a waster as a player, but it doesn't mean he doesn't understand what he saw on the pitch.
He can argue that he thought the oppo was shit and we should have stuffed them.

He can argue that he thought our players were complacent and because of this was a reason why we lost.

But you can’t argue BOTH, that’s an absolute nonsense and an impossibility. It makes no sense. It’s one of the daftest dumbest things I’ve heard. He’s a dumb pundit, only employed because of this. every time he dose this people click, retweet, like, phone up etc. It generates engagement which is good for TalksPorts & Sky’s business model. This type of pundit has been the stock and trade of TalkSport for 20yrs.

I don't think indolence of all our players was the cause of our defeat.
I think indolence of Ndombele was a major contribution to the loss but Mura got stuck in and our players did not like it up 'em. Especially Sess who showed his inexperience and Dele who showed his temper.
The main reason for the defeat was too many players not used to playing together.
That's down to the manager. We looked a different side when the experienced players came on the pitch.
I hope we never again see so many changes. Nuno fecked up with the 2 losses and so did Conte.

He was actually right for once, he summed the situation up perfectly although it's massively rich coming form him, it's not as if he pulled up any tress at Spurs.

But anyway the main issue I have with him is that more often that not he's a rent a gob, shouts his mouth off and generally speaks a heap of shit, perfect for TalkSport actually.
Sums up everyone on talk sport real👍

Has no-one torched this thread yet?

stranger-things-fire.gif

Back
Top Bottom