Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yay Thursday night pointless matches..cannot wait.
Just think if we had actually pulled our finger out slightly earlier in this fucked up season we could f somehow got into the champions league like united have...just shows how poor in quality this league has become, shit season and shit football all around.
Thank god its over, just a shame that its coming back so soon tbh.
I used to love looking forwards to a new season but I no longer have any excitement or anticipation, as i already know we will show no ambition and will not sign anyone worth having..thanks levy for destroying my enjoyment of this once great game..
Its not pointless if you win it.

Just think if we had actually pulled our finger out slightly earlier in this fucked up season we could f somehow got into the champions league like united have...just shows how poor in quality this league has become, shit season and shit football all around.
I used to love looking forwards to a new season but I no longer have any excitement or anticipation, as i already know we will show no ambition and will not sign anyone worth having..thanks levy for destroying my enjoyment of this once great game..
There are no pointless games mate especially when a trophy is at stake. You stay at home

We win the EL we get silverware (glory?) and qualify for the following seasons CL.

Hardly fucking pointless! :mourfacepalm:

I just cannot fathom some in our supporterbase.

Haven’t won a trophy since 2008.

Haven’t won any trophy that isn’t the league cup since 1991.

But the UEFA cup which we will be one of the favourites for is pointless.

ok

Wow, I think some on here think we’ve been in the CL the last 20 years and have won it a few times. I guess the only trophies worth winning are the CL and EPL.... If we can win a trophy, and if that trophy is the Europa Cup, I will be over the moon. The likes of Kane, Son, Lloris, etc deserve some silverware. When we look back in 10, 15 years time, we’re not going to remember 2016/2017 when we can second in the EPL and the match against Liverpool in the CL final will be a distant memory but I guarantee you we will remember the final we won in Poland 2021 in its 50th year.

Get behind the team lads (and lassies)!

COYS!!

:pochcmon:

Fuck off, Nigel.

We win the EL we get silverware (glory?) and qualify for the following seasons CL.

Hardly fucking pointless! :mourfacepalm:
Mate if i thought we would try then you would be right, but we all know we wot win it or even attempt to win it going by previous seasons in the europa.
I wish I was wrong and if we win it I will apply admit how wrong i was, but we all know that will not happen. There are no previous attempts at winning it that say I'm wrong mate, sorry.

Mate if i thought we would try then you would be right, but we all know we wot win it or even attempt to win it going by previous seasons in the europa.
I wish I was wrong and if we win it I will apply admit how wrong i was, but we all know that will not happen. There are no previous attempts at winning it that say I'm wrong mate, sorry.
Jose will try...... He's already said he's been it only once and won it so he's going to love trying to keep up that record.

What a knob
No mate just an old school supporter who has been worn down by the lies and the false promises of ambition..
I'm guessing you are a lot younger than me, and think that this pretending to compete is real ambition.
I'm honestly not having a go, my nephew is the same its just a different generation who have been in my opinion brain washed.

I just cannot fathom some in our supporterbase.

Haven’t won a trophy since 2008.

Haven’t won any trophy that isn’t the league cup since 1991.

But the UEFA cup which we will be one of the favourites for is pointless.

ok

Of course you are correct BUT the reality is ENIC have never gave a shit about this trophy we must have been in it 10 times in the last 15 years and never got anywhere in it, if they gave it everything we are good enough to win it but we likely won't make any effort.

I can understand the fanbase feeling underwhelmed by it to be honest because we have been useless in the competition and get easily beaten by the first team with some players you've heard of that we face.

Mate if i thought we would try then you would be right, but we all know we won't win it or even attempt to win it going by previous seasons in the europa.
So because Poch didn't give a fuck you think serial winner Mourinho will do the same?

Have a word with yourself FFS.

For me in order of preference

Champions League
Premier League
Europa League
FA Cup
League Cup

So to say that Jose won't take it seriously is absurd...... The way he celebrated at the end of today's match tells you everything you need to know about how seriously he takes European (and all) Competition.

Back
Top Bottom