Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

11th consecutive season in Europe - and we found more than one season in Europe difficult to come by 20 years ago.

Really not sure why anyone turns their noses up at EL - its a trophy worth winning

Hard work though I know

But if we were out of europe, we would certainly complain

Apparently this is not guaranteed if Woolwich win the FA Cup and Wolves win the Europa League?

Not positive. The combination of those both seems unlikely but you never know.
This is incorrect - we’ve now qualified irrespective of other results

11th consecutive season in Europe - and we found more than one season in Europe difficult to come by 20 years ago.

Really not sure why anyone turns their noses up at EL - its a trophy worth winning

Hard work though I know

Accommodation already booked in Gdansk.

Of course you are correct BUT the reality is ENIC have never gave a shit about this trophy we must have been in it 10 times in the last 15 years and never got anywhere in it, if they gave it everything we are good enough to win it but we likely won't make any effort.

I can understand the fanbase feeling underwhelmed by it to be honest because we have been useless in the competition and get easily beaten by the first team with some players you've heard of that we face.

ENIC never put pressure on a manager to win this - it’s the individual manager who is really accountable for this and the attitude of Redknapp and Mauricio towards ( exactly the same comments and conduct) is why we haven’t won this.

I don't give a rat's cock if we have to play on Thursday against Spartak Cabbage, I only care about this...

ossieardiles-lifeinpix-11.jpg

For me in order of preference

Champions League
Premier League
Europa League
FA Cup
League Cup

So to say that Jose won't take it seriously is absurd...... The way he celebrated at the end of today's match tells you everything you need to know about how seriously he takes European (and all) Competition.
Pretty sure that’s almost everyone’s order of preference except maybe the top two which could be interchangeable. Regardless, why don’t we start at the bottom before we aim for the top!

No mate just an old school supporter who has been worn down by the lies and the false promises of ambition..
I'm guessing you are a lot younger than me, and think that this pretending to compete is real ambition.
I'm honestly not having a go, my nephew is the same its just a different generation who have been in my opinion brain washed.
Went to my first game in 87 so if that puts me in the new generation category that's fine

Of course you are correct BUT the reality is ENIC have never gave a shit about this trophy we must have been in it 10 times in the last 15 years and never got anywhere in it, if they gave it everything we are good enough to win it but we likely won't make any effort.

I can understand the fanbase feeling underwhelmed by it to be honest because we have been useless in the competition and get easily beaten by the first team with some players you've heard of that we face.
Hahaha Enic have never given a shit about this trophy. Look at the winners and tell me that we have never had squads as good as previous winners

Here's another thing, I was never entirely comfortable with the "You play Thursdays coz you're fucking shite" jibes.

Historically, we're a UEFA Cup team. One that punched way above it's weight and luckily got to a European Cup final, but a UEFA Cup team nonetheless.

I would give my right nut to win our trophy back

Hard work though I know

It's ok if we cover positions in the squad in the window.

Also, flogging Harry again will only lead to another injury.

And judging by Son's form, we might not be able to rely on him coming in for Kane and producing like he did for some of Kane's past injuries.

Viable cover for Kane is critical imo.

Hope we kind will prioritize this one.

Easiest way to win silverware and a CL ticket tied up to it.

A final would also give us a lot of joy from a fan experience!

I for one am actually looking forward to the Europa League this time. Yes, Champions League is the ultimate goal, but it is a competition that I'm pretty confident Jose will want to win again, and realistically we stand a much better chance of winning this than the Champions League. It's still a prestigious trophy imo, and still very difficult to win.

I really hope Chelsea win the FA cup though, just to save the ballache of qualifiers, and not to mention the fact it will deny them lot a place in the competition too!

Back
Top Bottom