Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our Europa League squad list was sent yesterday.

I'm very curious to know who was left out of the list
Gedson and Gazzaniga have been left out, but I'm sure we were all expecting that.

Tottenham pair Gedson and Gazzaniga left out of Europa League squad

Full analysis of EL squad on page 3 of thread below

Headlines :
Gedon, Gazzaniga and Rose left out, CCV makes the cut in new 25 man squad, togeether with Whiteman and Austin shairing 3rd GK positions

gm50v09wais51.png

This is the trophy I want us to really go for and win this season. Not only does it give you CL, but it’s a massive trophy to win if we can do it. Jose winning the Europa for Spurs would go down as a legend in my eyes

Who's the hardest team we play in our group stage?

Ludogrets (Bulgaria) were in pot 2, LASK in pot 3 and Antwerp in pot 4.

We play Ludogrets next Thursday and Antwerp the following week, so we'll be able to assess if that ranking is reasonable or not.

Arguably LASK who beat Sporting Lisbon 4-1 this season and both Sporting and PSV the previous season have beaten better european opponents than Ludogrets more recently might be better but difficult to judge

Ludogrets (Bulgaria) were in pot 2, LASK in pot 3 and Antwerp in pot 4.

We play Ludogrets next Thursday and Antwerp the following week, so we'll be able to assess if that ranking is reasonable or not.

Arguably LASK who beat Sporting Lisbon 4-1 this season and both Sporting and PSV the previous season have beaten better european opponents than Ludogrets more recently might be better but difficult to judge
:adesalute:

This is the trophy I want us to really go for and win this season. Not only does it give you CL, but it’s a massive trophy to win if we can do it. Jose winning the Europa for Spurs would go down as a legend in my eyes
Pot 1 of the CL group stage draw. That's massive and will mean we get to avoid the likes of Bayern, PSG, Juve and Barca/Madrid.

Going to be interesting rotation over the next couple of weeks until the International break to juggle the squad between PL and EL matches.

Monday 26 Oct - Burnley (A) PL
Thursday 29 Oct - Antwerp (A) EL
Sunday 1 Nov - Brighton (H) PL
Thursday 5 Nov - Ludogrets (A) EL
Saturday 7 Nov - WBA (A) PL
International Break
Saturday 21 Nov - ManCity (A) PL

All these matches are probably winnable, provided we can keep rotating our squad such that we have 7 or 8 players fresh in every match and don't over play Kane, Son, Hojbjerg and other key players.

After the international break in November/December Spurs have a number of tough PL matches with ManCity, Chelsea, Woolwich. Liverpool, Leicester and Wolves once a week with EL games mid week. So we will need to focus the squad on those PL games, and hope we have taken most of the points we need in the next 2 EL games v Antwerp and Ludogrets which is almost enough to get through the group.

Can see the squad being almost split into two with a core PL team and core EL team (similar to the team which played LASK, but maybe weaker with the likes of Hojbjerg and Reguilon being saved for PL).

Back
Top Bottom