Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I quite like us playing teams I’ve never heard of.

Am I right in thinking they are one off games?
Yes ... "drawn into single leg matches, which will be hosted by one of the teams decided by draw, and will be played behind closed doors."

So being seeded doesn't mean playing at home, but it means we won't get PSV, Milan, Sporting or one of those kinds of team.

Yes ... "drawn into single leg matches, which will be hosted by one of the teams decided by draw, and will be played behind closed doors."

So being seeded doesn't mean playing at home, but it means we won't get PSV, Milan, Sporting or one of those kinds of team.

Im glad there is seeding (and expected there to be) but we don’t want to be having to travel to the arse end of nowhere in Azerbaijan, which you just know will happen knowing our luck.

So how are these qualifying games and general group games going to work with isolation with certain counties done at the drop of a hat? Say we play a Spanish team and while we are out there it’s announced that anyone returning from Spain has to self isolate for 14 days , what happens to the PL game that weekend?

As a Glentoran fan (still on a high after last night’s Irish Cup win), I’d be delighted with a Spurs v Glens tie. The Glens have to get through two rounds before this is a possibility though.
I'd never want Spurs t draw an Irish League team, not even Linfield or Crusaders, simply because the poster boy for the Irish Legue way of playing is Kirk Hunter.

If anyone has never seen Kirk Hunter play, he was the type of player who should only have been allowed to play after the watershed.

2nd qualifying round is the start for us then a 3rd round followed by a quarter final round of which the champions league failures are in and if we get through that 3 rounds we then get to play again and am I right in thinking the games are weekly?

2nd qualifying round is the start for us then a 3rd round followed by a quarter final round of which the champions league failures are in and if we get through that 3 rounds we then get to play again and am I right in thinking the games are weekly?
Yep. Assuming we get through the qualifiers, we'll be playing the Europa every midweek except for international breaks until the 10th of December. In some of those midweeks we're likely to have the League Cup on the Tuesday night as well because there's nowhere else for it to go.

Yep. Assuming we get through the qualifiers, we'll be playing the Europa every midweek except for international breaks until the 10th of December. In some of those midweeks we're likely to have the League Cup on the Tuesday night as well because there's nowhere else for it to go.
Well in that case we’d better get a big,fit enough squad in place and certainly a back up striker if not two.

OK, my best guesses

Kesla FK - One of the Baltics, let's say Latvia.

Torshavn - Norway?

Neftchi Baku - Azerbaijian's capital is Baku, this is like the only one I'm confident on.

Kaysar Kyzylorda - Something has to be Belarus here, I will pick this one.

Ordabasy Shymkent - So many of these sound like Kazakhstan, but I'm definitely guessing Kazakhstan here.

Sutjeska Niksic - Balkan surely, Bosnia and Herzegovina?

FK Riteriai - Hungary?

FH Hafnarfjardar - Surely Iceland?

Santa Coloma - Sounds Mediterranean, maybe Malta?

Shakhtior Saligorsk - Gotta guess Kazakhstan again, I would swear some of these are like Uzbek but they aren't in UEFA

Kalju Nomme - Sounds Finnish, I'll go Finland

Backa Topola - This also sounds Finnish, not sure if there are doubles.

Vojvodina Novi Sad - Novi Sad is in Russia right?

OFI Heraklion - I think Greece?

So how are these qualifying games and general group games going to work with isolation with certain counties done at the drop of a hat? Say we play a Spanish team and while we are out there it’s announced that anyone returning from Spain has to self isolate for 14 days , what happens to the PL game that weekend?

Unless rules change again, no quarantine

6th Place now assured.

Think we go into 2nd Preliminary Round, draw 31 August and play 17 September,

3rd Preliminary Round, draw 1 September, play 24 September

Play Off Round, draw 18 September, play 1 October

Group Stages, draw 2 October, first game 22 October.

Loooks like all single games, no 2 legged matches.

Now confirmed.

Need to wait untl 31 August to find out our first opponent and venue

Back
Top Bottom