Europa league or Nothing?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Europa league or Nothing?

• Europa League qualification

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • No Europe at all

Votes: 45 45.9%
  • I haven’t given up on top 4/5 yet

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters
Now that the season is basically done, I have been going back and forth and I can’t decide if I want us to nick a Europa League spot or if I want us to finish outside of the European places altogether.

Benefits of the Europa league:
  • Extra revenue (almost nothing when compared to CL)
  • European away nights.
  • Youngsters can be given game time in the early stages (would there be a Harry Kane if not for Europa?)
  • It’s CL qualification and a cup rolled in to one
Benefits of no Europe at all:
  • 1 whole week to prepare for a significant amount of league games next season.
  • Substantially lower chance of long term injuries to let players (not guaranteed obviously but likely)
  • Mourinho gets that training field time he keeps screaming about.
  • Look at what it did for Chelsea when they last won the league, Leicester when they won the league and Leicester in the first half of this season (ok I ran out of ideas here a bit)
What do you cunts think?

No Europa. This team has run out of gas, getting them to play mid week in Russia could finish them off.

Also increase our chances of a decent league/cup campaign next season.

Levy logic:

Get top 4 - No need to invest, we're good enough

No top 4 - No need to invest, cant afford it.

I heard on the Fighting Cock podcast they mentioned Levy said that earlier in the week. Without CL we won't have as much to spend.

That is oil prices/pump prices type mental gymnastics there.

We have been in the CL how many seasons in a row? 3 or 4? But suddenly the money (which the stadium build had no impact on transfer spending) is gone the season we really really need it.

Either get a real scouting/medical team in or get your wallet out. Blimey.

Back
Top Bottom