Europa league or Nothing?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Europa league or Nothing?

• Europa League qualification

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • No Europe at all

Votes: 45 45.9%
  • I haven’t given up on top 4/5 yet

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters
That’s if we can win it looking at what we have even with Kane and son back I’m not so sure and as I said would Harry be happy in the Europa league it’s always possible he could go as contracts mean nothing but winning medals does

We need to play in the Europa just for the sake of UEFA Coefficients. We've just managed to get into Pot 2 in CL but a season without any European matches would probably set us back into Pot 3 .

We'd be better off missing Europa and having 10-12 fewer fixtures on the slate next season.

Our key guys have been so overworked the last few years due to an inadequate squad and additional pressure to perform internationally. Having a season to recharge and focus on the Prem would be ideal.

We need to play in the Europa just for the sake of UEFA Coefficients. We've just managed to get into Pot 2 in CL but a season without any European matches would probably set us back into Pot 3 .

I never quite understand wanting an easy draw in the Champions League.

The point of the competition is to win it, if you're going to win it you're going to have to beat a bunch of elite teams, so why not just play the elite teams, especially when those are more exciting matchups.

Give me a group of death. Bring it on.

I never quite understand wanting an easy draw in the Champions League.

The point of the competition is to win it, if you're going to win it you're going to have to beat a bunch of elite teams, so why not just play the elite teams, especially when those are more exciting matchups.

Give me a group of death. Bring it on.
It's the CL. We're obviously going to have to face a bunch of elite teams if we're going to win it. Getting a decent draw in the group stages just makes the whole process a wee bit easier. Man City couldn't get out of the group stages for a while when their coefficients were low. Now, they're basically getting a bye to the quarter-finals.

I'll admit one thing though - I wouldn't have cared even a little bit if we win the CL (or even the FA cup) by getting a bunch of easy draws. Liverpool were the CL finalist in 2018 while only facing 3 matches against top teams (City x2, Madrid) where we only made it to the Round of 16 but still faced 6 matches against top teams (Dortmund x2, Madrid x2, Juve x2). City won both the FA Cup and League Cup last season and only faced one good team! Woolwich won two FA Cups in consecutive seasons after a decade of going trophyless by beating Hull and Villa in the two finals (Reading and Wigan in the semi-finals). At this point, we need some luck to get out of the rut we're stuck in.

We'd be better off missing Europa and having 10-12 fewer fixtures on the slate next season.

Our key guys have been so overworked the last few years due to an inadequate squad and additional pressure to perform internationally. Having a season to recharge and focus on the Prem would be ideal.
Our key guys have had plenty of rest as they have been injured.

I’m not getting the contempt for the Europa league it’s European title you win you qualify for the champions league plus you gain experience for younger players playing in it. It’s not like we’re winning the league anytime soon and our attempts at the F.A Cup & League Cup have been nothing short of pathetic if Tottenham are playing then I want them to win.....always

Why wouldn't people want to be in European competition next season?

Seems strange to me.

The fixture pileup thing is real.

If we can sit here and honestly say that we're going to strengthen the squad and make a genuine effort at winning all three competitions we'd be in next year, that's an appealing scenario versus shitting on the cups and waiting until March to figure out whether the league or the EL is the better route to gaining the revenue of qualifying for another competition we aren't willing to invest enough to win.

Why wouldn't people want to be in European competition next season?

Seems strange to me.

Seems fucked up to me.

Best way to prepare for European competitions is to not play in European competitions. Says no one ever.

If we had of taken the EL more seriously over the years and got to a semi and final previously I’m pretty sure that we’d have seen a different Tottenham in the CL final.

You can’t buy the experience of those occasions. We should be targeting winning the EL. End of.

This seems crazy, how would Woolwich and ManU be above us in the coefficient for the last 5 years?

This seems crazy, how would Woolwich and ManU be above us in the coefficient for the last 5 years?

Shows how important it is to be in any European. It’s why I don’t get why some wouldn’t want to be in the Europa

It is crazy but I still have faith that we would get a CL spot through being 5th and city’s ban being upheld for atleast a year.

What a load of bollocks... On multiple levels.

Back door for Spurs if City's ban remains, but still..... Those coefficient rules are pure filth!

Back
Top Bottom