Europa League Play-Off Round: Tottenham vs Maccabi Haifa - Thursday 1st October

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope not Toby twice in 3 days because that means he won't be in on the weekend. I am sure that it will be Dier-Sanchez on the weekend but I still want to hold out hope that we will instead play our best pairing and not just Jose's golden boy.

Depending on what happens today I would love to see Tanganga in again at CB, but I understand that with him coming back from injury that might be too risky and I am sure Jose would prefer a more senior guy in there for this game.

After seeing him at the end of the game today I am not even sure it is worth it to have Ndombele on the bench. He needs a clear rest and although it limits our creativity I think best he takes the game off.

[FORMATION=4231, Hart, Doherty, Sanchez, Tanganga, Davies, Hojbjerg, Winks, Lucas, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Kane][/FORMATION]

Subs
Gazzaniga
Alderweireld
Reguilon
Sessegnon
Gedson
Sissoko
Lamela

It's difficult to see how we manoeuvre throughout the next two games without even giving Dele a spot on the bench, but I just can't see us playing him now. Big effort from the lads tonight so doubt many will back up again. Probably a necessity for one of the centre backs from tonight to start again as well as one of Lamela/Bergwijn but I doubt there will be much more.

After seeing him at the end of the game today I am not even sure it is worth it to have Ndombele on the bench. He needs a clear rest and although it limits our creativity I think best he takes the game off.

Lo Celso resting for this game was critical in that regard.

Gotta have at least one of the two on the pitch at all times.

Dele will start. Mourinho will know how gutted he'll be after not being a part of tonight's love-fest bonding experience.

Give him the chance to make a statement. He's undoubtedly a talented player and just needs a kick up the arse. I think he's better off playing further back, where Winks is playing.

Hart
Doherty - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Davies
Højbjerg - Dele
Lucas - Lo Celso - Bergwijn
Kane
It won't happen, but I'd love to see us try that on Thursday.

Little bit off-topic, but i think Lamela will definetely start vs Man United. And vs Haifa he will be on the bench. We should start Bergwijn on Thursday or, possibly Dele.

Who are the players we should watch out for in your team?

Nikita Rukavytsya is the best striker in out team.
He scored 22 goals last year (only in the league).
And in this session he have 8 goals (conquers every game).
Usually we play offensive style so the midfields conquests too.
But as it’s looks you will control and set the pace of the game and we will try to sting in erupting attacks.

Our group's budget is 15 Million pounds so it is ridiculous to speak a lot about this game...

Feels free to fix my English lol

Last edited:
Nikita Rukavytsya is the best striker in out team
He scored 22 goals last year (only in the league).
And in this session he have 6 goals (conquers every game).
Usually we play offensive style so the midfields conquests too.
But as it’s looks you will control and set the pace of the game and will try to sting in erupting attacks.

Feels free to fix my English lol
Thank you mate, very good English, appreciate the post and hope all goes well for you this season except Thursday 👍

Hugo
Doherty* - Dav - Japhet - Davies
Hojbjerg - Winks
Bergwijn - Dele - Lamela
Kane

*(would like Serge though since I believe Matt should be as fresh as he can for sunday)

Hart
Aurier - Sanchez - Tanganga - Davies
Hojbjerg - Winks
Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Lamela
Lucas
Seriously - just rest Kane again. That is MORE than enough to beat Maccabi Haifa - that's not being overconfident, that's not underestimating them. It's calling it as it is.

3-0

Back
Top Bottom