Europa League Play-Off Round: Tottenham vs Maccabi Haifa - Thursday 1st October

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hart
Aurier - Sanchez - Tanganga - Davies
Hojbjerg - Winks
Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Lamela
Lucas
Seriously - just rest Kane again. That is MORE than enough to beat Maccabi Haifa - that's not being overconfident, that's not underestimating them. It's calling it as it is.

3-0
Please can we rest Hart too. This team are no mugs.

Hart
Aurier - Sanchez - Tanganga - Davies
Hojbjerg - Winks
Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Lamela
Lucas
Seriously - just rest Kane again. That is MORE than enough to beat Maccabi Haifa - that's not being overconfident, that's not underestimating them. It's calling it as it is.

3-0

I'll be very surprised if Kane doesn't start the game.

So, distilling from today's lineup:

Hart
Doherty Sanchez ??? Davies
Hojbjerg Winks
Lucas Lo Celso Dele?
Kane

Toby twice in three days perhaps? Sessegnon over Dele?

I think Tanganga starts again - CB's run round less than most other positions. He might need a rest after 60 minutes that's worst case.

I would not start Kane - bring him on for the last 30/45 minutes if we need, but hope Bergwijn can start and do the early shift. That way Kane fully rested for ManU.

If Dele isn't playing, give Sessegnon a run out.

I think Tanganga starts again - CB's run round less than most other positions. He might need a rest after 60 minutes that's worst case.

I would not start Kane - bring him on for the last 30/45 minutes if we need, but hope Bergwijn can start and do the early shift. That way Kane fully rested for ManU.

If Dele isn't playing, give Sessegnon a run out.

No Bergwijn, unfortunately.

I think you're overestimating the EL money.

It's peanuts compared to the Champions League.
It's not peanuts. It's 30% minimum. Still a huge difference, especially this year.

Mourinho even said as much himself. Why do you think we haven't bought a striker?

I guarantee we won't spend the 20m earmarked for a striker if we get knocked out tomorrow - because it will all come from the EL money.

I think you're overestimating the EL money.

It's peanuts compared to the Champions League.

EL money increased hugely from 3 years or so ago. Still a lot smaller than CL but Chelsea earned 40m+ prize money for winning it a year ago - plus of course extra sponsorships, match day revenues etc. No longer peanuts even if only 40%/50% of CL

Last edited:
It's not peanuts. It's 30% minimum. Still a huge difference, especially this year.

Mourinho even said as much himself. Why do you think we haven't bought a striker?

I guarantee we won't spend the 20m earmarked for a striker if we get knocked out tomorrow - because it will all come from the EL money.

It's less than 30%.

Going by last year's Europa League, we would earn a maximum of 22 million euros from winning the competition.

Bayern earned 82 million euros from winning the Champions League last year.

It's less than 30%.

Going by last year's Europa League, we would earn a maximum of 22 million euros from winning the competition.

Bayern earned 82 million euros from winning the Champions League last year.

Not sure where you're getting your figures from, but Chelsea made 46M Euro for winning the competition in 2018/19.

That's of course in addition to the matchday income from all of those European nights under normal circumstances. I'm sure the club and UEFA will be hopeful there can be some fan presence at some point in the competition.

It's not the Champions League by any stretch, but it's not peanuts like it used to be.

I believe Kane will start this game. Jose said after the Chavs game that he rated the Thursday match as more important than he rated the Chavs match.

I think he has the cups ranked as EL - FA Cup - Caraboa Cup. I may be wrong, just going on what I heard him say.

I believe Kane will start this game. Jose said after the Chavs game that he rated the Thursday match as more important than he rated the Chavs match.

I think he has the cups ranked as EL - FA Cup - Caraboa Cup. I may be wrong, just going on what I heard him say.
I think he will start too, and hopefully we won't need him to play 90 minutes

Back
Top Bottom