Europa League Play-Off Round: Tottenham vs Maccabi Haifa - Thursday 1st October

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe Kane will start this game. Jose said after the Chavs game that he rated the Thursday match as more important than he rated the Chavs match.

I think he has the cups ranked as EL - FA Cup - Caraboa Cup. I may be wrong, just going on what I heard him say.

Agree on the prioritisation.

If Kane starts we might find he needs to stay playing for 90 minutes.

That's why I think its safer to keep him on bench for first half, and bring him on for 2nd half.

Need to keep him as fresh as possible for Man U on Sunday

Hart
Aurier - Sanchez - Tanganga - Davies
Hojbjerg - Winks
Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Lamela
Lucas
Seriously - just rest Kane again. That is MORE than enough to beat Maccabi Haifa - that's not being overconfident, that's not underestimating them. It's calling it as it is.

3-0

Nah, man.... Get a couple early and then sub Harry off.

Reckon you're asking for trouble trying to squeeze 2 x 90 out of Lamela in 48 hours too.

Nikita Rukavytsya is the best striker in out team.
He scored 22 goals last year (only in the league).
And in this session he have 6 goals (conquers every game).
Usually we play offensive style so the midfields conquests too.
But as it’s looks you will control and set the pace of the game and we will try to sting in erupting attacks.

Our group's budget is 15 Million pounds so it is ridiculous to speak a lot about this game...

Feels free to fix my English lol

Perhaps we can do a cheeky deal for this lad before Thursday? :chicco:

Tanganga should not be playing, looked shaky tonight.

In a one-off knockout European game, you need experienced heads. Alderweireld and Sanchez should be the centre backs with Doherty and Davies as the full-backs.

Hojberg as the midfield enforcer with Winks and Lo Celso.

Front three of Kane, Moura and Lamela.

Tanganga should not be playing, looked shaky tonight.

In a one-off knockout European game, you need experienced heads. Alderweireld and Sanchez should be the centre backs with Doherty and Davies as the full-backs.

Hojberg as the midfield enforcer with Winks and Lo Celso.

Front three of Kane, Moura and Lamela.
Tanganga should be playing for exactly that reason, needs another 60 minutes and he won't get that against Utd, gotta think he will start the players rested today and bring on the players who played Sunday and tonight if needed. Huge bonus not having to travel Jose can leave it as late as possible to see who is or isn't ready to go.

Thank fuck this is at home, the only bit of luck we have had with the schedule so far. I’m in the keep Kane on the bench camp btw.

Also interesting that Son is still in the squad where as foyth and paulo have been removed. I’m going to pray that means there is a chance he is fit for Utd.

Thank fuck this is at home, the only bit of luck we have had with the schedule so far. I’m in the keep Kane on the bench camp btw.

Also interesting that Son is still in the squad where as foyth and paulo have been removed. I’m going to pray that means there is a chance he is fit for Utd.

Talk is he should be ready to return after the int. break.....

Better not to rush him back... He may get roped into playing for SK otherwise.

Last edited:

Interestingly I can only count 16 overseas trained players on uefa site......so one short of the maximum.

No problem to keep Son in squad on that basis

Think that Foyth and Gazzaniga possibly leaving if we get 2 more in - so keeping them injury free

Nah, man.... Get a couple early and then sub Harry off.

Reckon you're asking for trouble trying to squeeze 2 x 90 out of Lamela in 48 hours too.
The problem with this is we always say that’s our intention but 80% of the time he ends up playing 90 minutes. Are you prepared to watch Kane pull up with a bad hamstring and be out 3 months because we’ve decided to play him 290 minutes in one week? It’s not worth it. He’s irreplaceable, no matter who we buy on the open market. If Lamela plays and gets injured, it’s not a big deal. That may seem callous but that’s how it is.

keep Kane on the bench. Bring him in the second half if necessary.

Not sure where you're getting your figures from, but Chelsea made 46M Euro for winning the competition in 2018/19.

That's of course in addition to the matchday income from all of those European nights under normal circumstances. I'm sure the club and UEFA will be hopeful there can be some fan presence at some point in the competition.

It's not the Champions League by any stretch, but it's not peanuts like it used to be.

Fair enough. Those figures include the market pool.

Mine didn't.

44 million so about 50% of winning CL.

I was quoting the prize money figures.

Looking at the UEFA figures that include coefficients and market pools, Chelsea's revenue for winning the Europa League in 2019 is just over 40% of Liverpool's revenue for winning the Champions League.

But as it’s looks you will control and set the pace of the game and we will try to sting in erupting attacks.

Our group's budget is 15 Million pounds so it is ridiculous to speak a lot about this game...

Good to hear Rukavytsa is so highly rated as an Aussie.

From when he played in the A-League he was very very quick but pretty one dimensional. I also imagine his end product has improved loads judging by his stats last season. All in all boys if Rukavytsa is their best player we should be destroying these guys because our team is just much better to put it simply.

תודה על המידע

Back
Top Bottom