Europa League Play-Off Round: Tottenham vs Maccabi Haifa - Thursday 1st October

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hart is our no2 keeper. It's time you accepted it and moved on! 😝
Oh I've accepted the fact, it's just a question of which matches we decide to rest Hugo for. It's vital we get through tomorrow night and as I said before, these guys are no mugs. I've no doubt Hart will play and I sincerely hope he has a blinder (no pun intended) but allow me some room for concern. He does need to show that he's turned a corner now.

Oh I've accepted the fact, it's just a question of which matches we decide to rest Hugo for. It's vital we get through tomorrow night and as I said before, these guys are no mugs. I've no doubt Hart will play and I sincerely hope he has a blinder (no pun intended) but allow me some room for concern. He does need to show that he's turned a corner now.

Once shit gets real in Europe OUR CAPTAIN will want to be there..... In fact I won't be surprised if he starts tomorrow.

I don't think Lamela will play. Or at least, I don't think he'll start.

He gave everything last night and thoroughly deserved his goal amid the general cuntery of which the highlight was him kicking the ball at Jovokic when he was on the ground
lol 😝

I was quoting the prize money figures.

Looking at the UEFA figures that include coefficients and market pools, Chelsea's revenue for winning the Europa League in 2019 is just over 40% of Liverpool's revenue for winning the Champions League.

The prize money includes all the market co-efficients etc - all paid by UEFA out of one large pot of money.

Liverpool got just over 100m for winning CL - so Chelsea got almost 45% of that for winning EL, on a like for like basis of money received from UEFA.

But if you add together the 46m plus sponsorship gains, any additional TV revenues plus match day revenues etc winning EL may well get you closer to 100m

Which is why it is not the 'peanuts' you you were claiming.

He gave everything last night and thoroughly deserved his goal amid the general cuntery of which the highlight was him kicking the ball at Jovokic when he was on the ground
lol 😝

Couldn't agree more - one of the nine highlights of the match (6 goals, 1 x mouthing off at Fat Frank and a Quick Shit being the others).

Couldn't agree more - one of the nine highlights of the match (6 goals, 1 x mouthing off at Fat Frank and a Quick Shit being the others).

I don’t know about you mate but when I’m having a dump I like my privacy and the last thing I’d need would be someone standing just outside the door 🚽 telling me to hurry the fuck up or whatever he said

I don't think we can underestimate the advantage of playing at home on a decent pitch and not having to fly halfway around Europe and back again to play on Sunday, no disrespect to the Oppo but i think this one is done by half time.

I don’t know about you mate but when I’m having a dump I like my privacy and the last thing I’d need would be someone standing just outside the door 🚽 telling me to hurry the fuck up or whatever he said

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall. Do you think he was going in there to tell him not to forget to flush, for a change?

CdFULkD.jpg

If Mourinho thought it was important to play our captain last night don't see how he doesn't play tomorrow ... even more important you'd have thought. Keepers don't need a rest anywhere near as much as outfield players, is more mental than physical most of the time.

If Mourinho thought it was important to play our captain last night don't see how he doesn't play tomorrow ... even more important you'd have thought. Keepers don't need a rest anywhere near as much as outfield players, is more mental than physical most of the time.

I think Hart played the last Europa game and with respect to Maccabi, it shouldn't matter who we put in goal. No harm in giving him a game. It was more important to have Hugo against Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom