Europa League Play-Off Round: Tottenham vs Maccabi Haifa - Thursday 1st October

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You serious?
Unfortunately, my company is work from home only now and apparently they don’t need an IT person anymore. I’ll be laughing at the thought of the operations manager having to deal with the tech support tickets and the code I’ve written with little to no commenting. Of course the internet history full of TFC will probably look bad lol (they changed my passwords during the meeting and for a company of 13 people I’m impressed they thought I could cause that much damage)

Unfortunately, my company is work from home only now and apparently they don’t need an IT person anymore. I’ll be laughing at the thought of the operations manager having to deal with the tech support tickets and the code I’ve written with little to no commenting. Of course the internet history full of TFC will probably look bad lol (they changed my passwords during the meeting and for a company of 13 people I’m impressed they thought I could cause that much damage)
Incredible how cold hearted people can be. So sorry to hear that mate. Hope you find another job soon.

Fuckers hope you sort something out soon

Last edited:
MAN
I love Tottenham so much! and Tottenham fans!
As an Israeli, and a football fan, and everything... It's impossible not to. You're great guys.
But I love Maccabi Haifa more. Since I was 8 years old. Well, it's only natural.
Anyway, I really hope you don't rip us to shreds. Wishing for an entertaining and competitive game. I really want this group stage, especially since we were bad in Europe in the last years and have simply no ranking to show for. There is also a good potential for 3 Israeli teams in this group stage. For that reason I'd be so happy to get there. But I realize the chances are super slim. So I hope to at least enjoy the game.

I think when Maccabi Haifa is good it's always the most attacking and attractive team in Israel. And we're just recovering from a long bad stint.
I think we got lots of solid players and some creative ones, but none will be able to really make an impression if Tottenham will be at their best. So I hope they won't be.
One good thing we have is our new manager, who is a good coach for European competitions. He's the one who knocked Inter with Beer Sheva in the group stage, few years ago, beating them twice and also drawing with Southampton in the process.

That first goal of yours was trule amazing. The penalty was NEVER a penalty. And you put on a good show on the rare occasions you were allowed to.

Other than that, I think you encountered us at the wrong time. We're quite keen to massacre anyone we can at the moment.

Ok guys I knew you would win but not like that hahaha
Sometimes it's allowed to dream despite level differences, there is no Isreali team that can play in Championship then against Tottenham?

Hopefully to meet again but with better performance on our part.
It was fun being here, goodbye!

What a weird game that was, and despite the scoreline, just like Jose sait at the end, we've defo got some stuff to improve on.

We were ace at creating and putting away chances, but let's be honest...Mac's defence was Championship level and not the top of the table. OK ok...they were still better at the back than Fulham 😂

My main concern was how many times they carved us open with ease, and 99% of the time they went for Matt, knowing he's our weakest link on defence and that Dav wasn't gonna be much protection for him. Hoj failed too and to a lesser degree so did Lucas. Thankfully the Mac players tired big time in the 2nd half but there's defo cause for concern if 1/ Jose sticks with 2 CB + 2 FB formation...2/ if the FB are Matt & Reggy...3/ if our CB are Dier, Toby, Dav. If that happens, we must recruit a world beater of a CB before the deadline but that's gonna be real tough. Also need Doh & Reg to sort their defending asap and as for Hoj, either he's a DM and plays that role protecting the defence, either he ain't that midfield destroyer and that means somebody else gotta come in and do it otherwise we'll be exposed time and again.

Player ratings:
Hart 8; Doherty 4; Sanchez 4; Toby 5.5; Davies 8; Hoj 5; Winks 6. 5; Lo Celso 8.5; Lucas 7.5; Berg 7.5; Harry 10
Dele 6; Siss 5; Reg n/a

I also prefer having a tipple on a Thursday than a Tuesday/Wednesday.
:moursmall:

Always was a good thing about being in the Europa League and going to away games. Thursday and Friday off work, long weekend in whatever city we played in, did it a few times. Those Champions league games where a killer for going back to work for a day or 2 before the weekend hit.

Shit story, man :dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom