Europa League - Tottenham Vs LASK, Thursday 22nd Oct, 8pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd like us to go out and win this one comfortably. I think we need to get a decent result to get over the West Ham draw. I think it's also in our best interests to get the group won early so that we can rest players later on which we've got other important fixtures to worry about.
I'm not sure on the best line up though in defence particularly. Part of me wants Sanchez playing so that he can regain some confidence after the own goal and another part of me would like to see Rodon get going.
Rodon not registered in time to be eligible for EL unfortunately. So it's Sanchez then.

Weirdly, after all the furore about complacency and showing a lack of respect to West Ham by bringing Bale ON, I think people are missing the point he took Bergweign off, and NOT Kane... IMHO, it was showing West ham utmost respect by attempting to strengthen our team for the final 20 minutes...
If we really thought the game was done and dusted, then hat-trick or no hat-trick, Kane would've been spared for next week.

Of course, Jose fucked all that in the same moment by weakening it again by bringing Harry Wanks on for Ndmobele, but hey!

I love that you put that in bold.

:pochsmirk:

Rodon not registered in time to be eligible for EL unfortunately. So it's Sanchez then.

I know! If you bothered reading to the end of the thread you'll have seen that's already been mentioned numerous times. :mourfacepalm:

So our C.F. position is that Sanchez must play again, with either Doc, Tanganga or Davies with him.
Suggest Aurier, Doc, Sanchez, Davies

That leaves Doc, Toby, Rodon , Regulon for Burnley!

Personally I hope that Cirkin gets some minutes soon

lloris

alderweireld
- davies
doherty ---------------------------- cirkin

winks ----- white
lamela?

moura ----------------------- dele
vinicius​

hart, reguilon, hojbjerg, sissoko, ndombele, clarke, kane

lloris, hart, gazzaniga (whiteman)
alderweireld, dier, tanganga, sanchez, rodon
doherty, davies, aurier, reguilon (cirkin)
hojgjerg, sissoko, winks (white)
ndombele, lamela, dele, lo celso
moura, bergwijn, son, bale (clarke)
kane, vinicius
▇ = played last game
▇ = injured?
▇ = included this game

I love that you put that in bold.

:pochsmirk:
Don't want anyone missing such wordplay, do I....?
Plus it adds extra emphasis to how he's being perceived right now...

Shame, 'cos his debut against West Ham was pretty much the reverse of Sunday's shambles...
the old adage of things evening themselves up was never so true... these swings and roundabout don't half take a while to come back round and bite ya!

So our C.F. position is that Sanchez must play again, with either Doc, Tanganga or Davies with him.
Suggest Aurier, Doc, Sanchez, Davies

That leaves Doc, Toby, Rodon , Regulon for Burnley!

Personally I hope that Cirkin gets some minutes soon
3 points off Burnley is more important now after the West Ham game, no way is Jose throwing Rodon in for that game.

NO FUCKING MERCY....

I wanna see killers in EVERY game from now on....

We don't let ANYONE off the hook... if we see a jugular, FUCKING GO FOR IT, I don't care who they are!

Shame we don't have half-time entertainment any more... 'cos I'd even want Hugo to do everything in his power to try and stop a penalty from some Junior Spurs kid who'd won a prize to be there!!!!!! .
..and then run up to his little face with clenched fists screaming; "AYEZ CE PERDANT!" :hugoshock:

After the West ham game Rodon might be the safer option though
If he wants to make a change then Ben Davies at centre-back would be a more likely option for Thursday in my opinion.
The Burnley game is not until Monday, so there is plenty of recovery time. If Dier is not fit he can play Toby/Sanchez on Thursday/Monday/Thursday.

Kane should be nowhere near this.

----------------------Hart------------------
Doherty---Sanchez---Rodon---Cirkin
--------------Winks------Sissoko---------
Bale--------------Lamela------------Dele
-------------------Vinicius------------------

Kane should be nowhere near this.

----------------------Hart------------------
Doherty---Sanchez---Rodon---Cirkin
--------------Winks------Sissoko---------
Bale--------------Lamela------------Dele
-------------------Vinicius------------------
Rodon ?
No Davies ?

I'd start Lucas, bring Bale on for the last 30 and have him start against Burney.

Think he'll go with something like:
Hart
Doherty - Toby - Sanchez - Davies
Ndombele - Winks - Alli/Hojbjerg/Sissoko
Bale - Kane - Lucas

Would like to see Vinicius start but doubt it. Honestly think we might see Rodon on Monday paired with Dier if fit. Ndombele withdrawn on Sunday to play Thursday I imagine, GLC coming in for him after 65/70. Not sure on the Alli spot, could as well be Sissoko/Hojbjerg. Doubt Lamela starts due to whatever knock he had.

Back
Top Bottom