European Conference League 2021/22 Draw and Fixtures thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the so called easy/joke competition we've been run ragged in nearly every match 🤔

Vitesse sold their home ground out for first time in maybe 20 years - and players pumped up at playing Spurs whereas Spurs players weren't that bothered.

Having won 1-0 at their place, they upped their game for 2nd leg.

Not helped that too many of Spurs squad have been coasting for a couple of years.

And not all the teams in ECW are rubbish - Rennes beat PSG 2-0 with Messi in their team in October.

Vitesse sold their home ground out for first time in maybe 20 years - and players pumped up at playing Spurs whereas Spurs players weren't that bothered.

Having won 1-0 at their place, they upped their game for 2nd leg.

Not helped that too many of Spurs squad have been coasting for a couple of years.

And not all the teams in ECW are rubbish - Rennes beat PSG 2-0 with Messi in their team in October.

What about Mura 🤔

Levy probably should have let him coach the final…
I`m so glad he`s gone. He was never Spurs.
I used to loathe him when he was at Chelsea. Now not so much, but he was not the right fit.
Still the worst decision Levy has ever made IMO, went with his ego cause he knew he’d get smashed for sacking Jose if he delivered a trophy. All worked out in the end for everyone though, let’s hope Conte is the guy.
It'll ALL come out in a book (or Apple/Netflix/Amazon Documentary) one day, I'm sure!

Yes, the Trophy thing is a blot on his/our copybook....
But the League finishes under him tell a more telling story.

When he's at a club ALREADY good enough to WIN a League, he merely guides them to it...
When he's not, he doesn't have the capability to drag them up to that level... he reverts to 'just' being a Cup manager, for one day if glory, and that's it.

He'd probably have done the same with us with the League Cup, but Levy wasn't having any of it!!

Maybe that WAS the plan all along!??

Good analysis...
he's basically a flat-track bully, who only wants to manage flat-track bully teams...

I reckon he might be in with a shout if Arteta gets the heave-ho before Christmas!!
He'd fucking love that, wouldn't he?
I don't think they are even that dumb to appoint him.........

I think Woolwich will get so far stuck up their own PR spin on Arteta that they will con themselves that he's progressing. They will be the same as they are now, which is the same as they were last year and the year before that and before that and before that.

Until Arteta shows signs that he's improving the players under him then he's at his zenith. I believe he hasn't improved a single individual player in his squad. I'll freely admit that he had an impact when he first took over, it wasn't anything spectacular, all he did was given them more organisation without the ball, and he improved their shape. The issue is he is limited to just this, he's very defensive and despite having creative players at his disposal, he can't balance the team to be solid and offer an attacking outlet.

Back
Top Bottom