European Super League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see Boris Johnson is keen to jump on the bandwagon.
It's never good when politicians get involved. I remember when James Callaghan, PM, initiated the 'Great Debate on Education' - he started it on a downward slope from which it's never recovered, ably aided and abetted by his successor, Thatcher.

Lets hope Johnson keeps his grubby nose out of it, but I fear it's already too late.

BKnkdhFA

The hypocrisy in football is pushing me towards saying fuck the rest of them let's do this.
Something about Wolves getting mouthy in spite of the Mendes factor is aggravating.
:deledoubt:

Hypocrisy isn't enough for me to overlook how fucking cynical and offensive this breakaway shit is.

That, and we've signed up to be punching bags for the bigger clubs.
Will we be the punching bag? Similar TV money guarenteed, they have more in merch us in tickets. 5 years of cherry picking players from the national league and we should be competitive.

I know the narrative is we are shit (we are) and shouldn't be there but go back a couple of years and no one wants to play us.

Will we be the punching bag? Similar TV money guarenteed, they have more in merch us in tickets. 5 years of cherry picking players from the national league and we should be competitive.

I know the narrative is we are shit (we are) and shouldn't be there but go back a couple of years and no one wants to play us.
And lets not forget the fact that of the 11 other teams we have beaten 7 of them and drawn 2 in the last 4 or 5 years. I don't think we will be a punching bag at all. If we get the right manager in here and use the money from he league to buy some better players we can compete

I know I'm going to get a million disagrees and get called a "plastic yank tv fake not real proper spurs", but I have to say, if this happens and we aren't in it we will be left behind. We absolutely need to be a part of this if it goes on. And for everyone that says we will get beaten week in and week out... if we can't compete in the ESL then we can't compete in the PL and we just need to be satisfied with 6th place and a cup semi one in a while.

I know I'm going to get a million disagrees and get called a "plastic yank tv fake not real proper spurs", but I have to say, if this happens and we aren't in it we will be left behind. We absolutely need to be a part of this if it goes on. And for everyone that says we will get beaten week in and week out... if we can't compete in the ESL then we can't compete in the PL and we just need to be satisfied with 6th place and a cup semi one in a while.
This is the sad truth. If it does go through then we need to be in on it to have a chance at remaining competitive.

I don't like it. But it is the sad truth.

Back
Top Bottom