European Super League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not just 5% which equates to maybe €2m, but 5% plus €15m donation, plus the cost of exiting ESL which is rumoured to be another €10m, so looks like it has cost us in region of €27m or £24m so far, and FA and Premier League still have to deal with us yet.
Is it 15m each or all 9 clubs together? That part isn't clear to me.

That’s a light punishment, for sure (especially as our European income will be £0 by then). It smacks of being ‘enough to make a point’, but not enough to cause any friction.

Interesting to see what becomes of the other 3 clubs. Maybe a little league with 3 teams in - pretty much what they have already, tbf.

That’s a light punishment, for sure (especially as our European income will be £0 by then). It smacks of being ‘enough to make a point’, but not enough to cause any friction.

Interesting to see what becomes of the other 3 clubs. Maybe a little league with 3 teams in - pretty much what they have already, tbf.

Light?

There should be no punishment, the fact they are willing to donate money should be looked at as a miracle.

Aren’t we technically still in it? They had binding contracts that have not been torn up. It is hibernating not dead.
monty python dead parrot GIF by Vulture.com

Looks like Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid aren't backing down :

European Super League: Real Madrid, Barcelona & Juventus defend plans in face of Uefa 'threat'

Tbh I respect that more, shitting your pants after 2 days is a much worse look.

:levylol:
The statement seemed unclear to me - would they be relegated to Serie B, or expelled from the pyramid?

Either way, bravo.

Just to prove that uefa are not our saviours, they are proposing two English teams play the CL final in Portugal so they can get their hangers on to the game with minimal covid restrictions.

Just to prove that uefa are not our saviours, they are proposing two English teams play the CL final in Portugal so they can get their hangers on to the game with minimal covid restrictions.

Yeah the worlds media and broadcasters, in other words the people that actually put the big money into the game are "hangers on"

Totally the right decision to allow the game to go ahead in Portugal with fans being able to be present, without the need for them having to isolate upon return, and totally the right decision by the government to not give COVID isolation dispensation to loads of broadcasters and journalists to this country.

Last edited:
This is a must read.........

Pretty damning news report.

The Super League Thought It Had a Silent Partner: FIFA​

Publicly, soccer’s global governing body criticized a breakaway European Super League. Privately, it had held talks for months with the founders about endorsing the competition.

“It’s he who is behind the Super League, and I already told him in person,” Tebas (Head of Spanish League) said this month. “I’ve said it before and I will say it again: Behind all of this is FIFA President Gianni Infantino.”

Transfer News Live
@DeadlineDayLive
�� The Super League project is alive and the main changes to the project are:

- No permanent members.
- Clubs qualify based on domestic performances.
- 20 clubs, all European Leagues will be given a chance to qualify.
- A 2nd division with 20 other teams.

(Source: @wiwo)

Back
Top Bottom