Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He can only do that because if Sissoko

Can’t you see that??

What because of his Kante like defensive abilities or do you mean the incisive passes that set up attacks constantly?

Wake up. If he's so fucking great why are we so fucking shit? Surely he'd be making us better than we were? Instead we are fun king turgid. If we had this all conquering uber midfielder that you say he is, why is our midfield so fucking shit ? You can't blame it on Winks today, he wasn't there.

Well. That was at least the 4th "must win " game. We didn't.....and guess what...Poch is still here. Now the ball is fairly and squarely in Levy's court. This is where we find out if the ENICS want a good team or just the profits.

"Eriksen is being held solely to blame" has a distinct scent of "People think Sissoko is world class" about it... i.e. It's not true.

I'm aware you have a running joke with todd1882 todd1882 , but the post I replied to was a textbook example of your general output on the subject irrespective of whom you were replying to this time.

Just curious why Eriksen's stats escape the kind of scrutiny that you regularly pour on other players despite them visibly making a decent contribution.... These numbers couldn't be any more damning for a player of CE's ilk.
Discussions about the merits and demerits of players are rendered utterly pointless if the correspondents have faves and hates.

"Eriksen is being held solely to blame" has a distinct scent of "People think Sissoko is world class" about it... i.e. It's not true.

I'm aware you have a running joke with todd1882 todd1882 , but the post I replied to was a textbook example of your general output on the subject irrespective of whom you were replying to this time.

Just curious why Eriksen's stats escape the kind of scrutiny that you regularly pour on other players despite them visibly making a decent contribution.... These numbers couldn't be any more damning for a player of CE's ilk.

Firstly, as Ive stated during the game and after, Eriksen was shit today. I said at HT I'd have replaced him. I said the same at Anfield, I just did not see the logic of using him the way we did there, Moura's a pretty unintelligent footballer, but would have been better suited to that wide right forward role last week, scampering up and down the touch line that we asked Eriksen to do. I didn't want Eriksen to start today.

With regards to those stats they were pretty fucking meaningless in context, and I have said many times, including to you, the context matters. And that context is, firstly who's stats will look good today? We created fuck all as a team. Our x/g was 0.28. We made 4 key passes, 4 players made one each. That's three other than the actual goal and two of those were by defenders. One of the reasons for that was that we can't play football through midfield when we one midfielder who can't play football, and another being asked to be a water carrier in a CM2 instead of an 8 in a CM3.

Secondly, half of those stats are fucking meaningless in the context of Eriksen himself. When has he ever been good at "take-ons", is he in the team for his tackles and interceptions ? And thirdly, Sissoko, Ndombele, Davies, Son and Alli never made a successful tackle either.

Eriksen was shit today, no argument, but those stats weren't about providing some piercing insight, they were about feeding off a well publicised agenda by a bunch of irate fans to get clicks for their web site.

Last edited:
What because of his Kante like defensive abilities or do you mean the incisive passes that set up attacks constantly?

Wake up. If he's so fucking great why are we so fucking shit? Surely he'd be making us better than we were? Instead we are fun king turgid. If we had this all conquering uber midfielder that you say he is, why is our midfield so fucking shit ? You can't blame it on Winks today, he wasn't there.

His defensive abilities are legendary
He breaks up opponents attacks and makes incisive breaks forward

He is majestic and we are lucky to have him
Not his fault we’re underperforming

He is our shining star 🌟 and the least turgid player we have

Oh Moussa Sissoko 😲

A central midfielder who hides from the ball, can't pass it and who stands and watches players run off him and score or stands and watches as the pass or cross for others to score (and who also made 0 tackles today by the way) is bringing no more to this team week after fucking week than an under performing Eriksen.

I'm happy for Eriksen to be dropped because of his contract stance or because of his performances, but I want our coach to realise that picking shit and stupid players and expecting them to get us out of this mess is also fucking counter productive.

What you and Airfixx Airfixx didn't pick up on was the subtext of my response to todd1882 todd1882 which is basically a running joke between me and him where he pretends I want a team of 10's and I pretend he wants a team of units. Neither is true.

Eriksen was fucking shit today, he wasn't alone, and one of the he's asking of them, and he's the one hamstringing them further with his fucking stupid tactics, formations and in game management.
Congratulations, Welcome to the “it’s not all Sissoko’s fault” reality.

Although what the fuck Rose has got to do with it today is beyond me. As Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 says, let’s play the ball not the man.

As for Eriksen today (the man you are so keen to judge against Sissoko)...

“Set up to fail” or not, that was a performance, and not the first, from someone who, as cliched as it is, is “not fit to wear the shirt”

Ok, Sissoko may not have achieved a single tackle but Eriksen didn’t achieve a single thing in 100 minutes of football.

Can we agree he needs to be dropped?

Firstly, as Ive stated during the game and after, Eriksen was shit today. I said at HT I'd have replaced him. I said the same at Anfield, I just did not see the logic of using him the way we did there, Moura's a pretty unintelligent footballer, but would have been better suited to that wide right forward role last week, scampering up and down the touch line that we asked Eriksen to do.

With regards to those stats they were pretty fucking meaningless in context, and I have said many times, including to you, the context matters. And that context is, firstly who's stats will look good today? We created fuck all as a team. Our x/g was 0.28. We made 4 key passes, 4 players made one each. That's three other than the actual goal and two of those were by defenders. One of the reasons for that was that we can't play football through midfield when we one midfielder who can't play football, and another being asked to be a water carrier in a CM2 instead of an 8 in a CM3.

Secondly, half of those stats are fucking meaningless in the context of Eriksen himself. When has he ever been good at "take-ons", is he in the team for his tackles and interceptions ? And thirdly, Sissoko, Ndombele, Davies, Son and Alli never made a successful tackle either.

Eriksen was shit today, no argument, but those stats weren't about providing some piercing insight, they were about feeding off a well publicised agenda by a bunch of irate fans to get clicks for their web site.

Tackling aside, in simple terms they are rock-bottom stats for a #10; particularly one argued to be of WC ability... Thus reasonably 'news worthy' and no amount of Sissoko-bashing will change that.

Best thing from today was Dele getting MoM ... good to see the lad after a mountain of criticism can show it on the pitch .... the exact opposite of Eriksen.

We had the game won until the Gomes injury and Son red card ... yet another game where unusual incidents have really gone against us (Leicester 5mm offside) not a good performance at all but at least we showed fight.

We must appeal that red card .... but don't hold out much hope, at least we have a decent squad just not all on the same page.

Last edited:
they were about feeding off a well publicised agenda by a bunch of irate fans to get clicks for their web site.
No they are pointing out a player who gets picked every game despite not wanting to play for us and more importantly shitting on the shirt week in week out. Every game since Newcastle.

Congratulations, Welcome to the “it’s not all Sissoko’s fault” reality.

Although what the fuck Rose has got to do with it today is beyond me. As Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 says, let’s play the ball not the man.

As for Eriksen today (the man you are so keen to judge against Sissoko)...

“Set up to fail” or not, that was a performance, and not the first, from someone who, as cliched as it is, is “not fit to wear the shirt”

Ok, Sissoko may not have achieved a single tackle but Eriksen didn’t achieve a single thing in 100 minutes of football.

Can we agree he needs to be dropped?

I didn't want him starting today. Go and look back at the team I picked for the game.

But he's not the only one who needs dropping. That's for fucking sure.

I've just watched that Son penalty again. How the fuck is that not given? Mina makes no attempt to play the ball, just rolls himself deliberately into Son and rolls onto his foot. It's fucking blatant, regardless of Son's exaggerated leap.

I've just watched that Son penalty again. How the fuck is that not given? Mina makes no attempt to play the ball, just rolls himself deliberately into Son and rolls onto his foot. It's fucking blatant, regardless of Son's exaggerated leap.
Equally how did the VAR decide Dele didn’t handball that cross? It’s a joke. Time for the “experiment” to end. The hypothesis has been proved false beyond all scientific doubt.

How is it any different to the Watford penalty we saw vs Chelsea yesterday? VAR is fucking nonsense, it was always going to be nonsense the only question is how much of the game are they prepare to kill before realising it?

Back
Top Bottom