Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Equally how did the VAR decide Dele didn’t handball that cross? It’s a joke. Time for the “experiment” to end. The hypothesis has been proved false beyond all scientific doubt.
I think they realised it hit his hand, but there was a slight deflection off their player’s head just before. Has to be the only reason, because a blind badger could see the ball hit Deli’s hand.

If it can’t even sort out offsides it’s just a menace.

Really sad for Andre. Hope doesn’t ruin his career. And well we shouldn’t be mad with Everton fans being pissed. We all know son didn’t want harm him and was a freak accident but we would go mental equally if something happened to a Tottenham player.

var isnt the problem , its the stupid idiots using it, and the stupid refs, ie atkinson.

It's both.... They are being told HOW to use it (and NOT to view the VAR screen themselves just to save time)... They've already fucked with the rules to accommodate it too.

Equally how did the VAR decide Dele didn’t handball that cross? It’s a joke. Time for the “experiment” to end. The hypothesis has been proved false beyond all scientific doubt.

There were grey areas I guess with Alli's, such as did Mina head the ball onto Alli's hand which is only CM's away and Alli probably has a right to protect his head, so were his hands above his head or level etc etc I agree though, it could have been given and none of us would have grumbled.

But the Son one is just blatant, there's no ambiguity to the foul. Mina rolls deliberately into Son and traps his foot momentarily.

I want VAR, for a start we never get incorrect offsides any more, which is great, we wouldn't be in the CL final without VAR correcting an incorrect call. I just wish English refs were better, even the VAR ones.

Really sad for Andre. Hope doesn’t ruin his career. And well we shouldn’t be mad with Everton fans being pissed. We all know son didn’t want harm him and was a freak accident but we would go mental equally if something happened to a Tottenham player.

I don't resent their getting behind their boy, but they'd already reached full-on whiny cunt mode before that incident.

Last edited:
There were grey areas I guess with Alli's, such as did Mina head the ball onto Alli's hand which is only CM's away and Alli probably has a right to protect his head, so were his hands above his head or level etc etc I agree though, it could have been given and none of us would have grumbled.

I'm suprised it was held up for so long, given Mina was blatantly climbing all over Dele on his way up.

I think they realised it hit his hand, but there was a slight deflection off their player’s head just before. Has to be the only reason, because a blind badger could see the ball hit Deli’s hand.

If it can’t even sort out offsides it’s just a menace.

I saw something on the box earlier saying that it wasn't given because both players were going for the ball and Deles body folded that way under the attack of Mina.

Fair enough he ain't looking at it but the hand is WAY too high and not natural. If that's not a pen how the fuck is Sissokos in the final? The sooner the game realises that sometimes these will be given, sometimes they won't and just take it as a part of the game instead of letting this new piece of junk demonstrate that whilst stifling the game, the better

Last edited:
right i thought sons was a penalty, because mina cleverly rolled continuously into sons leg, and son had to leap out of a trapped leg situation, it looked exagerated , but it was necessary, and if he had not been knocked over, he had a good chance to pass to team mate for chance to score, they were stretched.
that would have been 0-2, and game over, their penalty shouts wouldnt have even happened the same way, its called the butterfly effect.

Just fuck it off. It’s solved nothing. 3 minutes 10 seconds, and 32 replays to establish whether a ball flicked a player’s hand - which didn’t affect the game anyway - is just kids playing with a train set.

I preferred it when we all bundled into the pub after a game and discussed why the referee was a cunt. Now games take 2 hours, nobody has a scooby, and we have to direct our angst at some faceless drone locked into a shipping container near Heathrow. It’s like the Sweeney on a budget.

I saw something on the box earlier saying that it wasn't given because both players were going for the ball and Deles body folded that way under the attack of Mina.

Fair enough he ain't looking at it but the hand is WAY too high and not natural. If that's not a pen how the fuck is Sissokos in the final? The sooner the game realises that sometimes these will be given, sometimes they won't and just take it a step a part of the game instead of letting this new piece of junk demonstrate that whilst stifling the game, the better
So just go with the ref’s original decision? It’s not like Henri’s against Ireland. That’s what it was brought in for I imagine.

Just fuck it off. It’s solved nothing. 3 minutes 10 seconds, and 32 replays to establish whether a ball flicked a player’s hand - which didn’t affect the game anyway - is just kids playing with a train set.

I preferred it when we all bundled into the pub after a game and discussed why the referee was a cunt. Now games take 2 hours, nobody has a scooby, and we have to direct our angst at some faceless drone locked into a shipping container near Heathrow. It’s like the Sweeney on a budget.

:vert:

I'm not a tin-hat type when it comes to refs etc. but it's a tool, the existence of which brings the credibility of the game into dispute.

So just go with the ref’s original decision? It’s not like Henri’s against Ireland. That’s what it was brought in for I imagine.

They are trialling and erroring the rules as they go along. Last season we saw fouls given for unintentional handballs, this season they have changed it, next season they will change something and so forth until they can say ha, I told you this will work.

It will be about a decade of pathetic, confusing football before they either pull the plug or miraculously find their solution. I never thought it would kill the game but it really does, in more ways than they will ever accept. The game is imploding from the inside out, it's really rather painful to see and all the fans and players will continue to be confused whilst this multi billion pound organisation continues to make things up off the cuff. No wonder stadiums are half empty in large quarters of the game.

Last edited:
They are trialling and erroring the rules as they go along. Last season we saw fouls given for unintentional handballs, this season they have changed it, next season they will change something and so forth until they can say ha, imtold you this will work.

It will be about a decade of pathetic, confusing football before they either pull the plug or miraculously find their solution. I never thought it would kill the game but it really does, in more ways than they will ever accept. The game is imploding from the inside out, it's really rather painful to see and all the fans d players will continue to be confused whilst this multi billion pound organisation continues to make things up off the cuff. No wonder stadiums are half empty in large quarters of the game.
Yep, football’s in a mess at the moment. Ticket prices (for us certainly) VAR, football tourists, dubious technology in the hands of incompetent officials. Sit down, shut up, fuck off. What a shame.

To a certain degree it used to be our game - it is no longer. Poor bastards paying £80 a game just to be extras in some corporate bunfight refereed by robots. Nah. Not for me.

A central midfielder who hides from the ball, can't pass it and who stands and watches players run off him and score or stands and watches as the pass or cross for others to score (and who also made 0 tackles today by the way) is bringing no more to this team week after fucking week than an under performing Eriksen.

I'm happy for Eriksen to be dropped because of his contract stance or because of his performances, but I want our coach to realise that picking shit and stupid players and expecting them to get us out of this mess is also fucking counter productive.

What you and Airfixx Airfixx didn't pick up on was the subtext of my response to todd1882 todd1882 which is basically a running joke between me and him where he pretends I want a team of 10's and I pretend he wants a team of units. Neither is true.

Eriksen was fucking shit today, he wasn't alone, and one of the reasons was we were set up to fail, because we had a midfield two that only had one player who can play football in it, not a disaster if the other player is some kind defensive tiger, but Sissoko isn't that either. So we had half a midfield and an insipid ant up front as a focal point.

Aurier's openly stated he wants to leave and Alderweireld's only still here because no one would even pay 25m for him. And don 't get me started on fucking Rose.

I'm happy to never see any of them again in a Spurs shirt, but forgive me if I don't jump on the "everything is Eriksen's fault" bandwagon. His situation is just one of many things that's wrong with this club right now, and most of them have Poch's name all over them. He's the one picking the players that "don't want to be here" and he's the one picking players that just don't have the skill set to do the jobs he's asking of them, and he's the one hamstringing them further with his fucking stupid tactics, formations and in game management.

Stopped reading after the first paragraph

You’re a joke

Yep, football’s in a mess at the moment. Ticket prices (for us certainly) VAR, football tourists, dubious technology in the hands of incompetent officials. Sit down, shut up, fuck off. What a shame.

To a certain degree it used to be our game - it is no longer. Poor bastards paying £80 a game just to be extras in some corporate bunfight refereed by robots. Nah. Not for me.

The game fell for one of life's deadly sins...greed! I ain't a religious man but those seven deadly sins definitely have something about them, especially in the modern game.

We have people on waiting lists for tickets, those who need to pay for a yearly membership just to get any who get slung out for standing even though the away end does and will always stand yet we let 200 BANNED Red Star fans stay in the fucking home end because there was just too many of them to deal with? What a load of cowardly, bullying, ducking & diving horseshit.

The games been on the way out since the likes of Brian Clough got overlooked by some toffs more worried about reputation than glory and the digital age has only sped up its crumbling I am sad to say. I haven't visited the new place yet, I was going to this season at some stage but I'm very disappointed with the game at the moment and feel that a silent protest will probably be the only way I can play my part in saying I ain't a fan of this. A shake up is needed but these pricks see coin and it's wunderbar according to them and how they see the game Joe.

Back
Top Bottom