Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, football’s in a mess at the moment. Ticket prices (for us certainly) VAR, football tourists, dubious technology in the hands of incompetent officials. Sit down, shut up, fuck off. What a shame.

To a certain degree it used to be our game - it is no longer. Poor bastards paying £80 a game just to be extras in some corporate bunfight refereed by robots. Nah. Not for me.
Sadly, agree 100%.

Son red card – Absolutely. If you break a guy’s ankle it’s a dangerous tackle; intentional or not.

Son penalty – Nope. Son again with ridiculous simulation throwing his feet out as he fell over. Had he just stumbled and tried to get to the ball, the ref may have given it. But as the reply showed; he was doing his best Neymar impression.

Ali penalty – Debatable. The arm didn’t really alter the flight of the ball or put Everton at any particular disadvantage.

VAR – A complete shambles and I believe intentionally so. The ref’s have clearly made a pact to ensure It is deemed a failure as they see their job being ‘outsourced’. Since the footage is often slowed down; why aren’t they using high speed cameras??? Should be 900 FPS. My phone produces better slow-mo that VAR.

It is now a race for top 6 for us; we need to ensure Europa qualification for next year to increase chances of ECL the following year. There is a slim chance that Leicester/Chelsea will drop form; but that also requires Spurs to start winning home and away.

I do wonder if Kane, Son have contract clauses allowing them to be sold if we don’t qualify to ECL.

Son red card – Absolutely. If you break a guy’s ankle it’s a dangerous tackle; intentional or not.

Son penalty – Nope. Son again with ridiculous simulation throwing his feet out as he fell over. Had he just stumbled and tried to get to the ball, the ref may have given it. But as the reply showed; he was doing his best Neymar impression.

Ali penalty – Debatable. The arm didn’t really alter the flight of the ball or put Everton at any particular disadvantage.

VAR – A complete shambles and I believe intentionally so. The ref’s have clearly made a pact to ensure It is deemed a failure as they see their job being ‘outsourced’. Since the footage is often slowed down; why aren’t they using high speed cameras??? Should be 900 FPS. My phone produces better slow-mo that VAR.

It is now a race for top 6 for us; we need to ensure Europa qualification for next year to increase chances of ECL the following year. There is a slim chance that Leicester/Chelsea will drop form; but that also requires Spurs to start winning home and away.

I do wonder if Kane, Son have contract clauses allowing them to be sold if we don’t qualify to ECL.

It wasn't Son's tackle that broke Gomes's ankle mate.

But the tackle didn't break his leg, it's the angle in which Gomes places his foot down on the floor afterwards.

Here's one for you if Sanchez had shoulder barged Richarlison at the end like he did, that was deemed not a foul but he falls over because of it and dislocates his shoulder is it then a foul and a red?

How can you comment when you haven't see the incident? Son didn't break the guys leg .... any credibility you might have dies right there ....

Last edited:
Yes, that post was correct IMHO but you know that.

Oh how we needed a painful rebuild...or someone with the tactical nous to get us out of things. I have an idea of just the right man. I bet you do too.

I’m pretty sure we already have that man, but he’s wearing one of those latex Mission Impossible type masks that makes him look like Poch, who is tied up in a basement, somewhere in the gastronomic capital of the world.

I hope this ends the the stupid "should have played Moura in the CL final" bollocks once and for all.

Harry Kane is not perfect, and never at his best when rushed back from in jury, but I'll take him on one fucking leg over Moura leading the line all day.
When everyone is fit - Moura doesn't make our best starting 11 - should settle this once and for all

Back
Top Bottom