Everton Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not looking to make this a match thread, I leave that to others with more stats, etc.

But I'm fascinated by the team on Sunday. I'd like to see Sandro Kaboul and Capoue all start, but I suppose that's very unlikely.

If Vlad plays, it will be his biggest Spurs test so far. Everton fans are notorious for claiming for everything. If a Spurs player so much as scratches his balls in our area they'll be shouting 'penalty' or 'handball'. Okay, technically the latter might be true :)

Vlad tends to get into various 'scrapes' with his casual style, he has to be damn careful on Sunday.

I hope Holtby plays, we're going to need plenty of battle and bottle up there.

I'd be surprised if Kaboul is deemed fit enough after 120 mins the other night and we don't seem to have heard anything of Capoue's progress.

Rose is the most important returnee IMHO as there's no cover

Neither player I'm afraid
You're probably right there. Lukaku v Daws & Vlad worries me somewhat, and while Everton aren't probably as 'fierce in the mid' as they once were, with that crowd they'll be plenty fired up I'm sure. Capoue would help in a game like that particularly I think.

One good thing is the game is at 1.30, so the full force of the Everton faithful might not be felt against us.

I'd be surprised if Kaboul is deemed fit enough after 120 mins the other night and we don't seem to have heard anything of Capoue's progress.

Rose is the most important returnee IMHO as there's no cover

Rose would be fantastic but I assume he's out as he wasn't on the bench yesterday, unlike Capoue who was and we know is in full training, so we most definitely have heard a lot about his progress. I'd say it was far more likely he'll play than Rose. Could easily be wrong of course.

I tend to think that none of Kab, Cap and Danny will start, and that's quite a blow I fear, given the nature of the task.

Jan needs to play CB, people may agree or disagree but he's our best player in that position and to have him at LB leaves a huge hole, never the less, who plays LB if rose and fryers are both unfit? Naughton..... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:klinsmann:

In we hadn't played ET on Wednesday then I would put out
Lloris
Walker Chiriches Dawson Vertonghen
Sandro Dembele
Townsend Eriksen Sigurdsson
Soldado

But I think that Walker, Vertonghen and Siggy might need a rest.
*Insert joke about playing ET the alien here

Jan needs to play CB, people may agree or disagree but he's our best player in that position and to have him at LB leaves a huge hole, never the less, who plays LB if rose and fryers are both unfit? Naughton..... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:klinsmann:
Hi Ash, and therein lies the dilemma.

Also remember both Naughton and Fryers may be out injured, which is why if Kab could play, Walker Daws, Kab, Jan would be one powerful backline.

We may get some team news tomorrow, then again ....

This is what I expect to see:
Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Chiriches - Vertongen
Sandro - Dembelle
Townsend - Holtby - Siggy
Soldado
Subs: Freidel, Naughton, Paulinho, Capoue, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane

edit: I am assuming that Chadli is still injured by the way, else it would be good to play him and give Siggy a break.

Still got no idea which way this game will go. Maybe we will bore them to death and score when they are in their death throws...no, seriously, I think it will be an entertaining game this one.

Last edited:
This is what I expect to see:
Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Chiriches - Vertongen
Sandro - Dembelle
Townsend - Holtby - Siggy
Soldado
Subs: Freidel, Naughton, Paulinho, Capoue, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane

Still got no idea which way this game will go. Maybe we will bore them to death and score when they are in their death throws...no, seriously, I think it will be an entertaining game this one.
I like this team, and probably the team I would choose. I'm a big Paulinho fan, but rest him for this one I reckon.

I like this team, and probably the team I would choose. I'm a big Paulinho fan, but rest him for this one I reckon.

I agree. Shame we can't give others a rest too, such as Dembelle. I don't think Everton were in teh capital one cup were they? So they will be fresh. I just remembered that Naughton is injured too isn't he...Not sure who AVB will pick to replace him on the bench but we have to have some cover there, surely - perhaps Rose will be fit enough for an emergency bench place?

I agree. Shame we can't give others a rest too, such as Dembelle. I don't think Everton were in teh capital one cup were they? So they will be fresh. I just remembered that Naughton is injured too isn't he...Not sure who AVB will pick to replace him on the bench but we have to have some cover there, surely - perhaps Rose will be fit enough for an emergency bench place?
Yep Everton had a rest, so will be 'fresh 'n ready'

It's quite likely all our three 'LBs' Rose Fryers and Naughton will be out injured.

Walker Daws and Jan as a back three with Lennon and Townsend wide is a tempting one

Holtby Sandro Dembele with Siggy behind Soldado.

But doubtless I'm talking tactical nonsense here :) Good luck to AVB in his choice.

Back
Top Bottom