Everton Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sandro asked to come off, he was injured.
tumblr_msdjsyVl0U1sngki6o2_250.gif

Vertonghen after the game on Belgian television was pretty funny , they said he had a superb game to which he replied , thanks but Left back really isnt my thing. I sometimes hate being able to play on multiple positions (he plays at LB too for our NT). This is not the first time he replied a bit annoyed at his LB position. But credit to him , he still gives all he can

I have this feeling that Lamela needs to be played in the centre behind striker, he just doesn't seem comfortable on the wings for us, maybe he needs to get comfortable in the centre and get more of the ball, then at a later stage be shifted out wide.

Again if he can't perform well in the EL how is logical to start him in the premier league, I'm pretty sure the premier league is much more difficult than EL.

One thing I do like about this forum, is that people aren't deluded and think that just becoz we in 4th position means we are doing well. I personally think that AVB needs to see that and stop being stubborn, its all good and well to brag about our defense nd our league position, but I think most people know that goals win the league not just a good defensive record, right our goal difference is attrocious, I think this years top 4 might be decided by goal difference.

The positive is when we do find our identity we'll have a good points base, but we seem to be the slowest team to adapt this season.

Third time mate, we failed to score v arse and ham. (We also failed in 90mins v Cardiff, and failed from open play v Palace, Swansea and Hull (not exactly the league's strongest teams)

A coupla things... firstly, I'm not aware that there are any more points on offer for goals scored in open play, rather than just the '2' they should perhaps award if the winning goal is a set-piece or pen... they all count!
Also, you make it sound like FAILING to score in 90 minutes against Cardiff somehow cost us the game... we scored DURING THE MATCH, which meant we won it!
By that logic, we'd have won 1-0 up at Goodison last season, and Man Utd wouldn't have won the European Cup against Bayern in '99... 'cos all those goals came outside the 90 minutes!

im sure someone else has already mentioned this, but how about a round of applause or a chant or something for lloris against newcastle? after his committment to the team, club and fans against everton i think it would be justified?

im sure someone else has already mentioned this, but how about a round of applause or a chant or something for lloris against newcastle? after his committment to the team, club and fans against everton i think it would be justified?
Yes totally agree:
"There is only one Hugo Lloris"

We should have been singing Hugo's name long and loud way before this latest episode. The Spurs support make some bizarre decsions to me on this score. Lloris is way better at his job than Defoe is at his, yet Defoe is constantly serenaded. Lamela has barely done anything for Spurs, and is nowhere near in Lloris' league either as a player or what he has achieved at Spurs or in the game in general, yet I swear he's had more sung about him than Lloris has, certainly a vastly disproportionate amount.

Ah well, if it takes this to make Lloris the Spurs hero he already should be, so be it.

Agreed. I think he has been improving, the last hour against Hull he was looking like he had relaxed and was more willing to try things. It can't be easy being so young with the weight of the price tag expectation on his shoulders. I get the feeling that he's too scared to try and rinse someone with his flare incase he doesn't pull it off and all the cunts at the lane lay in to him. Another nice long run out in a low pressure game can only help him.

I also heard his family are arriving in the country soon which should help a lot. The penalty miss was annoying after his performance but then at least it was saved and not hoofed over.

RE Soldado it was incredibly annoying to see MOTD gave a fair bit of airtime to that prick of a pundit criticising him, Defoe should start on his own - ummmmmm West Ham you prick?! The commentators on Sky were the first I've heard to praise Soldado's movement and runs in the area. Lennon's early cross to him where he headed just wide was the only proper chance I remember him having. I'm not sure why the team can't seem to find him easily enough. Perhaps if Sandro had stayed on the pitch it would have allowed Vertonghen and Lennon on the left more opportunities to cross into him. As an aside it was fantastic to see Vertonghen getting forward, but there were a couple of times where he and Lennon got in each other's way. Oh and Vlad - love him.

Vertonghen after the game on Belgian television was pretty funny , they said he had a superb game to which he replied , thanks but Left back really isnt my thing. I sometimes hate being able to play on multiple positions (he plays at LB too for our NT). This is not the first time he replied a bit annoyed at his LB position. But credit to him , he still gives all he can

The Sun has taken those comments today and attached the headline, "Angry at Villas Boas" with the sub headline reading, "Jan follows Manu with dig at Boss". It is unreal the way these things are warped.

Then there is this tweet. Absolutely shameful.

Grow up. And earn your £50k per week

Back
Top Bottom