Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Them winning the transfer window seems like a lifetime ago.
I know its very childish of me but I recall a brief moment post that window when one of their light bulb like fans rang the BBC to say. Top four easy. They had won a few games and when pressed on why they'd make ECL the fan said why not. The presenter said...Liverpool City Chelsea Spurs are so much better than you. The light-bulb says "Spurs! You're ha'vin a laff. Calvert-lewin will have Kanes England spot in six months! Not one of them gets in a head of what we’ve got"

Every time they lose a mean part of me takes a grim satisfaction in their pain. I'm small man a small small man.

Last edited:
prem is a disgrace, Everton is an easy target for them.

Man city have been openly cheating for over a decade, and what ever shady shit chelsea, newcastle are up to. Arse been playing a rapist and covering for him with fake injuries. But money talks, and Everton dont have any

Last edited:
Does anyone here actually want them to go down?

Part of me would like to see it because of the novelty factor and the fact that I hate Lamplard.

But equally I've never really minded them.

Personally, I loathe the idea of suing Chelsea and blaming them for our under-achievement. That's not the Tottenham way.

We've had some fantastic players over the last 20 years or so and we've had several opportunities to win trophies. It's not Chelsea's fault that we blew most of them and it's not their fault that we missed out on the CL a couple of times.

And, as for Leicester, Leeds and Burnley - they were relegated because they weren't good enough to stay in the Premier League. Simple as that. The league table doesn't lie. Everton turned up to win the games they needed to win. The cry baby plaintiffs didn't. I wish these clubs would have some fucking dignity and own their mistakes.

If you cheat you cheat and that comes with consequences just like Lance Armstrong in cycling.

I understand that we were hit for a ten point deduction for the first offence covering the seasons 19/20,20/21 and 21/22.
Sure the fans are angry they have every right to be none of this is the fans fault , the fault lies with Fahad Moshiri and Bill Kenwright none of who are still around to take the flack.Moshiri has scarpered and just wants shut of the club while Kenwright has passed away.
Our argument is the latest charge relates to seasons 20/21,21/22 and season 22/23,so basically 2 out of 3 years are as per the previous charge with the last season added.How can we be charged twice for the same crime?
Season 22/23 we spent 67 million on transfer with 90 million coming in so 23 million in profit what more could we have done.
I realise most other supporters will just be laughing at us and hope we go down but if that happens so be it I have been going to Goodison for 60 years so I am not going to stop now what ever division we are in.

If we have broke the rules we have to accept the punishment , many fans have been protesting about Kenwright and the board for about 12 years with very little backing from national and local press (which seems to be only concerned about the goings on at the tinmine}.
The fans have been vilified and lied to for years and now the chickens are coming home to roost.My biggest worry is we have not hit rock bottom yet as if the take over by 777 group falls through we could very well go into administration and cop for another points deduction.
Ultimately it is the fans that suffer as none of this is our fault
Personally, I think it stinks. It's always the struggling clubs that get the points deductions while Chelsea and Man City just walk between the rain drops.

I hope you defy the odds again and stay up. If any club can avoid relegation with a 10 point deduction, it's Everton.

All the best.

Back
Top Bottom