Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like an exercise to justify sacking him and winning fan plaudits so they can appoint they guy they wanted anyway....

He will improve them over time. A very good manager. Needs to cull a lot though. They're looking as dysfunctional as post-Bale Spurs.

Rooney being gone helps.
He has already proven that he can turn an average bunch of players into a performing bunch. Expect the Everton faithful will like what they see next year, namely a very aggressive side (too aggressive in my opinion) but this is what they enjoyed under Moyes, so I expect their fans will quickly get behind their side early doors. But agree there is a lot of work required to address their squad, what it does have going for them is some excellent young players. I think Watford had a better quality of player but lacked any academy product.

I do like Silva, I think he's a Poch mark 2, however, unlike Poch I thought the way he went about his business at Watford, off the pitch, was very poor and it was right for Watford to sack him.

A little nervous, as I could see him becoming their 'Poch'. However, that doesn't overcome the fact that there is already too much competition at the top of the table for Everton to convincingly muscle their way in.

Especially as they'll have to keep overspending on average talent (see last summer) because anyone else would rather go to a bigger club/one in London.

It does boil my piss rather that their proposed new stadium finances seem to be backed by the Liverpool council(s) in a manner that ours did not.

A little nervous, as I could see him becoming their 'Poch'. However, that doesn't overcome the fact that there is already too much competition at the top of the table for Everton to convincingly muscle their way in.

Especially as they'll have to keep overspending on average talent (see last summer) because anyone else would rather go to a bigger club/one in London.

It does boil my piss rather that their proposed new stadium finances seem to be backed by the Liverpool council(s) in a manner that ours did not.
Meh. Loads of hot air around their stadium, don't see it being built for many years. Also, whilst it's all gone away a bit, there are serious questions about Philip Greens hidden involvement to be ironed out too. There is something very dodgy going on behind the scenes.

For me Farhad Moshiri is in the ilk of the dildo bros, constantly using the media to "sell/spin" something. The Evetonians haven't been impressed with him since he's rocked up, despite all the new stadium talk and new signings. So far everything he's done he's fucked up, from new DoF to new manager(s) (Koeman, Alladyce) to players that have been signed, to style of play, EVERYTHING he's done has fucked them.

We may have had an odd year where things didn't workout but we never lost our place outside of the top 6, which is relevant given we're 6th highest revenue earners, so never dropped below our level for almost a decade now. Everton have not also dropped outside of top 10 but even when they in the top 10 they are nowhere near competitive in terms of points amassed.

Competition between clubs outside of the top 6 is very tight and well run clubs like Burnley are also having a say. The competition in the top 6 may well be intense but it's nothing like those outside it, it's possible to see clubs swapping the bottom with 7th any given year, with the right manager at the helm. Then if he's a good manager, there is a strong chance the manager would leave within 18 months anyway. The only place that's that's secure is the top 6 operating in their own mini-league.

Kenwright doesn't help either. If he'd had his way Martinez would have stayed on much longer.

Silva was inevitable. As if Everton were going to get Ancelotti. Good luck to him, he'll need it, because those fans don't half eat their own. Hope he gets rid of shitbags like Mirallas and Williams too.

Back
Top Bottom