Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would be very surprised if he is at Everton when the window closes, if he plays another 9 matches they will have to pay us £10m. That's money they simply can't spend on a player who is washed up. If he does remain there they literally can't afford to play him.
1 game for the 10m.

I would happily take a bet on this, I would be surprised if they can flip him without penalty.

1 game for the 10m.

"The North London side would have been handed £10million in cash windfall if their former player had made 20 appearances for Everton."

(Both articles are referencing Romano)

He's made 11 appearances (1 start) thus far.

I would happily take a bet on this, I would be surprised if they can flip him without penalty.

Also says we have a 25% sell-on clause.

"The North London side would have been handed £10million in cash windfall if their former player had made 20 appearances for Everton."

Must admit it was an Everton frorum that said 1more (but they all did, loads so I believed them).

Sell on was me guessing as I don't think levy would agree otherwise and I'll stand by it if we want to bet.,either we get 20m or he sees the contract out.

He will be there this year and happy to take a bet otherwise(no one knows the contract)

Last edited:
Must admit it was an Everton frorum that said 1more (but they all did, loads so I believed them).

Sell on was me guessing as I don't think levy would agree otherwise and I'll stand by it if we want to bet.,either we get 20m or he sees the contract out.

He will be there this year and happy to take a bet otherwise(no one knows the contract)

Shit just got weird quickly......... What's all the "bet" talk....... ?

.........I'm merely trying to put a bit more meat on the proverbial bone.

I'm standing by the fact he's there next year.

All your links are "reported".. I think reported is not the full truth

You seemed rather affronted by all this (you still do)....

Believe what you wish.... (I shan't hold my breath for a club announcement on either front; appearance payments nor any ell-on proviso's.)

I'm just digging around trying to satisfy my own curiosity here as much as anything.

Last edited:
Posts from grand old team….
Still only 26 , has everything to become a Premier lge Great.
Hope he continues to want to get back to the standard he set.
Fantastic player when he wants to be , lets hope he does it here.

You can give label him a no 10 , wide player , false 9 . Doesnt matter, give him the free role in and around the box there's not many better out there at what he does.
Clever player.

What's baffling me about last season, is that we were playing a 5-3-2, fighting for survival and everyone's moaning Dele isn't playing. You can play Dele in that formation when you're fighting for survival cause he's not that kind of player. As a result of that everyone's written him off.

This season, certainly at the start, I think we'll see a change in formation with Dele playing centrally behind DCL, and we'll see a much better footballer, who'll grow in confidence through the season. Not saying he's going to be amazing but people need to give him a chance to actually get a team where we can play the formation we wanna play with him in it.

Still our best player.

the 3 comments above suggest to me that Everton fans are expecting to see him play for them next season based on that 3, okay just 3 they seem happy enough to give him time…..personally I hope he does gets his career back on track and fulfill his potential before it’s too late.➖

If I was tottenham I'd tell Everton we drop the appearance fee but we want the sell on to be 40% give him a chance to cement his place in the team without finnicially hurting everyone but if he does well we get an eventually bigger slice.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was tottenham I'd tell Everton we drop the appearance fee but we want the sell on to be 40% give him a chance to cement his place in the team without finnicially hurting everyone but if he does well we get an eventually bigger slice.
Trouble with that is if he retires at Everton having become a club legend and played 300 games for them for them we don't get a penny.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom