Everton - The comedy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Calvert Lewin is injured and misses their game against Chelsea. They’ve no other strikers. So an even more guaranteed 3 points for the chavs.

Probably speeds up Lampard’s sacking.
They are just doing so poorly in all areas, but the one that sticks out is how much they are spending on both fees and wages, for absolutely nothing in return.

Feels kind of bad to take their one shining light in Richarlison away from them to be a rotation player for us, you just know all that money will be going down the drain anyway.

Posts from grand old team….
Still only 26 , has everything to become a Premier lge Great.
Hope he continues to want to get back to the standard he set.
Fantastic player when he wants to be , lets hope he does it here.

You can give label him a no 10 , wide player , false 9 . Doesnt matter, give him the free role in and around the box there's not many better out there at what he does.
Clever player.

What's baffling me about last season, is that we were playing a 5-3-2, fighting for survival and everyone's moaning Dele isn't playing. You can play Dele in that formation when you're fighting for survival cause he's not that kind of player. As a result of that everyone's written him off.

This season, certainly at the start, I think we'll see a change in formation with Dele playing centrally behind DCL, and we'll see a much better footballer, who'll grow in confidence through the season. Not saying he's going to be amazing but people need to give him a chance to actually get a team where we can play the formation we wanna play with him in it.

Still our best player.

the 3 comments above suggest to me that Everton fans are expecting to see him play for them next season based on that 3, okay just 3 they seem happy enough to give him time…..personally I hope he does gets his career back on track and fulfill his potential before it’s too late.➖
If Everton plan on playing with possession of the ball then they will be rewarded in great performances from him (and with him as a 2nd Striker playing off DCL).

But Everton aren’t a possession team (even though I’m sure this is in fat Frank’s head that they are and what he pitched the board that he’ll have them playing this way in his job interview). They averaged 32% under him last season!!

Lamplard is a massive blow to Lamplard's side.

"Massive"

h0AXxn.png

If Everton plan on playing with possession of the ball then they will be rewarded in great performances from him (and with him as a 2nd Striker playing off DCL).

But Everton aren’t a possession team (even though I’m sure this is in fat Frank’s head that they are and what he pitched the board that he’ll have them playing this way in his job interview). They averaged 32% under him last season!!
Dcl and dele arent great users of possesion though

Dcl and dele arent great users of possesion though
Dele isn't a possession player, he never has been. His game is a) making 3rd man runs off the ball b) making late arrivals into the box c) linking midfield and front 3 with one/two touch (NOT holding onto the ball) d) pressing.

Everything that's great about him has been within a team that dominates the ball (+60% posession).

(I don't know enough about DCL's individual charictaristics to comment but for sure he's effective within a team that plays without the ball and direct towrds him via long balls from the back and set peices, which typifies what Everton have been, appart from failing to transition into a posession based side under Koeman and Marco Silva (I actually thought they should have stuck with Silva a bit longer & removed the expectations piled on the club via Farhad Moshiri).

Back
Top Bottom