Everton v Spurs April 3rd

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think we did though, at least not in the sense of having all 10 outfield players camped in the last 20 yards as they came at us, wave after wave.

We shat out knickers though, that's a bit different, albeit with the same outcome.
Then wtf were we doing in that 2nd? Even before the red card we were doing nothing as usual. No real build up play or creating chances. Just can’t believe stellini is in charge of top 10 richest club. Exactly what qualified him to get the role. Even bring harry out retirement would have better. At least he gets it!

A midfielder giving away the ball much more than a centre back is expected. When you give the ball away as a centre back you almost always create a good chance for the opposition, which Dier did. Skipp was in the busiest part of the pitch with the most physical players, of course he'd turn it over more. Stick Dier in midfield and see how many times he loses it.

Skipp & Hojbjerg were almost equally average, but at least one is home-grown and we didn't have to pay money for him. And yes, our entire front 3 was tragically bad.

We were abysmal. We came up against a relegation threatened team who went down to 10 men with 30 mins to go and they were the better side for most of those 30 mins. They've had triple our shots on target and we only scored due to a penalty. That's not an OK performance, it's a shit one.
Spot on! Even before the 2nd we started so sloppy with misplaced passes and basically f all. Set the time it was just lucky they got a red.

We almost got away with an undeserved win were it not for our management team who were totally outmatched by Sean Dyche.

The Lucas substitution was awful. I almost can’t see any reason to play him going forward unless he’s the last man standing. Surely Sarr, and retaking midfield, was the better play.

I presume Lenglet was pulled because Stellini was afraid of a second card. As mediocre/poor as Sanchez is in the middle or on the right, he is INFINITELY worse on the left as experience has shown us over and over.

Brain-dead substitutions.

Sadly , after last nights performance , it looks like the boring , turgid , ultra cautious , anti - football tactics ingrained on the team by Conte , appears to be the Stellini default mode .
Were we that naive to think that a manager that had worked so closely and for so long with Conte would be inclined to actually try something different ?
Once again , it looks like a footballing decision by Daniel Levy has gone spectacularly wrong . It now looks likely that we will limp along to the end of a disappointing season .
The players must accept their parts in all of this , there is a mentality issue running through the whole squad and a distinct lack of any leadership qualities amongst the players .
I do believe , that there is a few players who’s footballing abilities are completely negated by the tactics enforced on them , and that is entirely down to the coach .
That said , we have many players that are not ( and never will be ) good enough to play at the level we , as a football club aspire too . We are top heavy with players that have to be moved on and that in itself is a monumental task , which the next manager / DOF combination have to sort out .
It will take a very brave new manager to come in and sort this mess out , which makes Levys next appointment so vital that he gets it right . I can’t say I’m over confident that he will .
It certainly looks like we have a few very difficult years in front of us and a distinct possibility that if we remain in the hands of our present owners , we could fall further and further behind all the “ more ambitious “ PL clubs .
It is a worrying time for all Spurs fans who deserve so much better . Let’s hope this is the starting point for better days to come .

COYS
I think patarici was happy to keep the sane shite as he thought a change in system with a new coach would be something the players and fans couldn’t handle. These duckers get paid millions to think of logic like that! Wonder if he ever thought what the fans would like to see once cunte was sacked!

When the shit hit the fan yesterday, Hoijberg vanished. He was nowhere. I wonder if he was one of the main ones Conte was singling out.

He wasn't putting pressure on anyone, casually jogging and following players around, wasn't busting a gut to put challenges in.
He always plays like that

We almost got away with an undeserved win were it not for our management team who were totally outmatched by Sean Dyche.

The Lucas substitution was awful. I almost can’t see any reason to play him going forward unless he’s the last man standing. Surely Sarr, and retaking midfield, was the better play.

I presume Lenglet was pulled because Stellini was afraid of a second card. As mediocre/poor as Sanchez is in the middle or on the right, he is INFINITELY worse on the left as experience has shown us over and over.

Brain-dead substitutions.

Both were pure Conte playbook.... Which indicates:

1. Our wins when Conte was away were still Conte's blueprint.... We just benefited from a brief lightening of the mood around the place whilst he was away.
2. We can expect more of the same going forward cos Stellini thinks no different.
3. There will be no new manager bounce.
4. Stellini in charge is pointless.

Wanted Mason as caretaker the moment Conte 'sacked himself' and still do... I fear that time has passed.

Feels like we have a long grind ahead not dis-similar to having Sherwood in the hot seat for so long.... Only then there was a hint of the future with academy players being brought in; whilst the shackles were also lifted and the line-up was being experimented with. Now; I'd expect none of that..... Just us riding a failing line-up and tactics into the ground.

Grim.

Last edited:
We are shit, don't have to be.

Drop son and put another body in MF with Kane still being pretty amazing then thats an OK team. An OK team with a great goal scorer gets top 4.

Next season no idea how good we are with a half decent manager (which I'm not). A complete rebuild most likely

I would also have kept Forster with explicit instructions not to fuck about at the back with pretty triangles that invariably don’t work ending up with us losing possession!

He also neglecting to mention Coleman's tackle o perisic, which was as bad as Lucas was but, didnt even get looked at by VAR.

Agreed

It was a shocker and he was in Harry’s face big time when he was on the ground just prior to the red card

Obnoxious little cunt!!

I hate when we lose but, perhaps that needs to happen to make the bald idiot realise he's got it fucking wrong for the umpteenth time
Did you see the recent club response to the Supporters trust ?

They are genuinely baffled by the notion that fans aren't satisfied

They are completely out of touch with reality , they'll announce an increase to ticket prices soon and will yet again be mystified by the negative reaction it will cause

It's all been one long fairlytale fight against the evil nasty bad guys of the football world in their eyes

So I really doubt levy will recognise his countless mistakes , will probably award himself another juicy payrise

Did you see the recent club response to the Supporters trust ?

They are genuinely baffled by the notion that fans aren't satisfied

They are completely out of touch with reality , they'll announce an increase to ticket prices soon and will yet again be mystified by the negative reaction it will cause

It's all been one long fairlytale fight against the evil nasty bad guys of the football world in their eyes

So I really doubt levy will recognise his countless mistakes , will probably award himself another juicy payrise
It's just embarrassing how out of touch with the fans the board really are. Personally I think its sheer arrogance from them.

Yeah I saw their long shot goal on a replay when I woke up after the match, it looked like even through my sleepy eyes that we didn't close him down and he was allowed to wander forward and take his shot unchallened. A lack of focus and determination on our part, especially after what occurred at Southapmton.
That's a really really big problem for us, our centrebacks falling off all the time.

They never seem to put pressure on advancing attackers, and falls off all the time, especially Dier.

Either they are told to play this way, or they are passive of nature. Either way it's not working out.

And as long as our CB's are as bad as they are, i think we need to play with two defensive midfielders shielding them.
And playing two DMC's means we need a more attacking midfielder in front of them.

That's why i think this squad is best suited to a 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-3 if you want

I stand by what I said prior to game as well. In fact game only proved my point -

Kulusevski can do shitloads more than Son. So even though both are poorer compared to their previous-year-selves, today Kulusevski can win and retain the ball. Son offers nothing but losing it and then half-hardedly jogging back. It is not about favourites, it is about tangible and visible difference in what they don on the field right now.
All very well winning it but by running (ambling) down blind alleys and then giving it back, doesn't achieve much .
He was as product free as Son

But granted he did win the ball more often than Son

Care to offer a critique, or just more mindless naysaying?

"Sanchez should have been more alert to the danger 100%." - you call me clueless? Watch the video.

Here you go. Watch this. Tell me at exactly what point Dier was meant to block the shot.

And Lloris meant to save it?? It’s a fucking thunderbolt. He can dive for show. Would be flying past him.

I could point out numerous things on this video. But you can clearly see the moment Skipp realises he has been sold by Keane and reacts. Sanchez doesn’t.

10 seconds in if Sanchez is meant to be part of a back 3 you can see he’s out of position. Skipp central but his mind is not on Keane shooting. In fairness Keane is not known for hitting 30 yard screamers.

To help you out.

Go to 2.24. Look at the distance between Keane to Skipp to Dier. You telling me you have been coached or would coach your CB to sprint past your DM to make a block???

Fuck off. Nobody is coaching that.

Multiple angles show how Sanchez could have reacted quicker. 2.27 Keane is hitting the ball. Skipp has made up sone ground having been wrong footed. But ultimately he just reacted a split second too slow to the danger. Sanchez could have got closer.

But like I say you are clueless.

Another FM / FIFA player with no idea of the pace this level is played at.

Here you go. Watch this. Tell me at exactly what point Dier was meant to block the shot.

And Lloris meant to save it?? It’s a fucking thunderbolt. He can dive for show. Would be flying past him.

I could point out numerous things on this video. But you can clearly see the moment Skipp realises he has been sold by Keane and reacts. Sanchez doesn’t.

10 seconds in if Sanchez is meant to be part of a back 3 you can see he’s out of position. Skipp central but his mind is not on Keane shooting. In fairness Keane is not known for hitting 30 yard screamers.

To help you out.

Go to 2.24. Look at the distance between Keane to Skipp to Dier. You telling me you have been coached or would coach your CB to sprint past your DM to make a block???

Fuck off. Nobody is coaching that.

Multiple angles show how Sanchez could have reacted quicker. 2.27 Keane is hitting the ball. Skipp has made up sone ground having been wrong footed. But ultimately he just reacted a split second too slow to the danger. Sanchez could have got closer.

But like I say you are clueless.

Another FM / FIFA player with no idea of the pace this level is played at.

Lol,the pace this level is played at…. Keane was the fastest moving player. I’ve played football for 25 years with semi pros and people who had too much brains to waste it on going pro, and this isn’t world class pace we’re seeing here… you’re deluded if think that. These aren’t supermen. What they do best is keep running for 90 mins. Dier was slow as fuck, just covering the centre if the ducking goal, ffs.. lloris reacted like a Loris. Sanchez got out of the way. I’ve seen this video 30 odd times, already, it does not shower any of them in glory. It’s a shit show.
And why does dier have to rush out? You made that up. Just step to the fucking left! He could have got his head on it if he wasn’t trying so hard to block lloris”s view. Watch from goal view. Dier offers nothing.
Sanchez, btw, actually got close enough, but gets out of the way so he doesn’t get hurt. Like a fucking pussy. I’d be screaming at him. There’s no point making excuses for these guys. They aren’t good enough or committed enough.
But thank you for explaining your view of it.

Back
Top Bottom