Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kinda like Iceland where you play Ponzi until it fails and guess what? The rich get richer and the poor say "good luck to the lad"

Not a third world country in GDP terms but very much backward in believing the state sponsored propaganda that shopping in Tesco (where prices are half of the Irish equivalent) is "a penny in the purse of the English Queen".

A quote taken from official government "guidance" on crossing the border to go to supermarkets.

As long as its one of our own lads exploiting us then sure, its grand.
Every country has "state propaganda " why do you think Brexit happened? Of course the Irish are still in Europe whilst we're still scrambling around trying to deal with the fallout of the lies boris and his gang have been spouting out as "state propaganda"
I know. Off topic....

May be I'm missing something. I assumed the songs were about Attwell giving us favours and assumed he was reffing.
If not the case I've got no fucking idiea what's happening.

What "songs"? ........You're clearly no idea what's happening.

Perhaps watch the video before commenting....?

I’ve got nothing against Conte
I’ve said we need to change out 6 players at least starting in January

Others seem to think he can make some of these players into something. He can’t, because they aren’t good enough and never will be.

That’s why he will buy new ones because he too knows this
I agree there are players that arent good enough, but this is the stupid chairman who gets the right guy but after the window is closed. We will see improvement but its way too early

No idea how this wasn't a card of some sort

Za10pVY.gif

A coward’s challenge

Feck me he fouls Son 4 times. Pushes him over, treads on his ankle, kicks him in the side then drags his studs down his side.
Surely some kind of retrospective action is warranted?
It was his second nasty one of the afternoon too, the first was on Regui I think. I was screaming on my own here, I thought the first was worthy of a card.

He was a chippy, annoying cunt after that and throughout the match too.

Yet still the Mickeys howled with fury every time Sonny touched the ball and when he got subbed because of a terribly unfortunate and totally accidental horror a year or so ago.

Cunts

Last edited:
We had 4 decent chances, Royal header. Reguilon volley. Davies long ranger. GLC off the post.
Any/all of those on target they were going in, keeper had no chance. Everton had not one single chance of that calibre.
...Gray fluffed an easy redirect chance from 8 yards out at 81:21...

"81 mins
Chance
Digne one-two with Davies, cross angled just wide by Gray."

COYS

But it still hits the frame of the goal.... which IS the target, whether it has more spin/and or a deflection to help it go in is missing the point. If the keeper misses it, and it hits the post, how is he to know it WON'T bounce in... He doesn't know the trajectory or spin on the ball, only the direction... If it beats the keeper and goes IN Off the post OR bounces away, it has already beaten the keeper to hit the target... The rest is up to physics!

A shot that HITS the frame of the goal IS a shot on target, surely? That's whY the keeper is there, to protect his goal: net AND frame!

...and if so, then the 0 shots on target stat was wrong yesterday!

As someone already said, a daisy cutter at a snails' pace that Hugo picks up blindfolded and doesn't particularly bother anyone DOES count a s a shot on target (and adds to the all important Monday morning Opta/xG co-efficient FIFA Pro stats) ...yet a shot that strikes the post of the FRAME of the TARGET, giving us ALL that brief moment of "it's in", doesn't count as a shot on target just 'cos it bounces out?

I feel like Annie Wilkes in Misery.... Am I the only cock a doody person that can SEE THIS?
s'a bit weird, thass all!
I’ve convinced myself that Emerson’s header was potentially on target and we should have had at least a corner as it may have come off Grays arm.

Also Elvis is alive because he is a lizard person but he was vaccinated and is now invisible.

Absolutely right. Fergie couldn't do anything with some of these guys. We must have creativity in mf and a striker who gives a shit. I really can't understand why Alli, Bergwijn, hojberg, Winks. Kane etc etc are still here. Why are we paying wages to Sanchez and Doherty? And Dier? If these people left today, we probably wouldn't even notice next w/e. Conte is a great manager but he isn't a magician. He needs the raw material.
Because we signed these players to contracts and teams aren’t exactly queuing up to give them a pay raise.

Until we are able to sell anyone in Jan, we're kinda stuck with what we've got!

Unless Conte drafted in the under-23's and WSL squads for the next 6 weeks????

Son plays like a pussy and has already decided to do his Harry Winks impression doing back/side passes

Kane has zero physicality to even get a decent shot off anymore

Lucas doesn't keep his head up and dribbles into traffic

No one else knows how to shoot or beat the keeper
For the first time since Poch's first year, we are truly busy with a rebuild. Conte will mold players into his idea.

It is clear Kane and Son are playing differently to what they used to and both seem seem still to be settling in. We will probably see two or three player changes but I don't think it'll be as we expect. I watched some footage on The year Conté took Chelsea to the league title. He mostly reinvented players eg, Victor Moses.and Hazard. And they went from average to exceptional. I suspect, knowing Levy, that this will happen at Spurs too. We need to give him a little time. We'll get there but it will take time.

We were shit, against a shit side. There was a bit more effort collectively but that should always be the case under any new manager. Until we get more quality in the middle of the park, and at the back, Conte will be fighting a losing battle. You can't polish turds no matter how much you try.

Nuno wasn't the problem, though he was out of his depth. The problem is the board and this squad of players.

Back
Top Bottom