Everyone Has Their Price ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mr. Voldemort

No More Mr Nice Guy
Let's imagine you are Daniel Levy at the end of this season and the phone is ringing with offers for most of the 1st team from various clubs. At what price would you be prepared to say "Deal" and let the player go ?. Let's also assume that Daniel doesn't care if it's a Premier rival or not.

I realise I'll perhaps get some silly responses to this but I'll be interested to see just how highly Spurs supporters value the current squad. Here's your list and the valuation according to transfermarkt.co.uk
£m
Hugo Lloris 8.10
Matt Doherty 16.20
Sergio Reguilon 22.50
Toby Alderweireld 13.50
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg 31.50
Davinson Sanchez 31.50
Heung Min-Son 76.50
Harry Winks 19.80
Harry Kane 108.00
Erik Lamela 14.40
Joe Rodon 9.00
Eric Dier 22.50
Moussa Sissoko 11.70
Giovani Lo Celso 27.00
Dele Alli 28.80
Steven Bergwijn 22.50
Serge Aurier 18.00
Japhet Tanganga 7.20
Lucas Moura 22.50
Tanguy Ndombele 45.00
Ben Davies 14.40

So who on there is an undervalued bargain buy and who, if that price was offered, would you sell without hesitation ?

Let's imagine you are Daniel Levy at the end of this season and the phone is ringing with offers for most of the 1st team from various clubs. At what price would you be prepared to say "Deal" and let the player go ?. Let's also assume that Daniel doesn't care if it's a Premier rival or not.

I realise I'll perhaps get some silly responses to this but I'll be interested to see just how highly Spurs supporters value the current squad. Here's your list and the valuation according to transfermarkt.co.uk
£m
Hugo Lloris 8.10
Matt Doherty 16.20
Sergio Reguilon 22.50
Toby Alderweireld 13.50
Davinson Sanchez 31.50
Heung Min-Son 76.50
Harry Winks 19.80
Harry Kane 108.00
Erik Lamela 14.40
Joe Rodon 9.00
Eric Dier 22.50
Moussa Sissoko 11.70
Giovani Lo Celso 27.00
Dele Alli 28.80
Steven Bergwijn 22.50
Serge Aurier 18.00
Japhet Tanganga 7.20
Lucas Moura 22.50
Tanguy Ndombele 45.00
Ben Davies 14.40

So who on there is an undervalued bargain buy and who, if that price was offered, would you sell without hesitation ?

Reguilon, GLC, Toby, Japhet all under valued. Kane as well but his number is silly really to try and place a value on as there are so few teams even in play for him.

Doherty, Dier, Sanchez, Alli, Bergwijn, Aurier, Moura, Davies, PEH, Winks, Lamela, Sissoko I would drive them all to the airport myself if we can get those numbers for them.

Yeah but how much (seriously) and what about the rest of them ??
I'm serious. If someone comes asking for Kane, tell them they'll have to break the world record. It doesn't matter what he's statistically worth according to some third party rating system, he's contracted to us and we set the price. Basically, shoot the vultures down before they start circling.

As for the rest.....
I'd take whatever is on offer for Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Winks and Lamela just to get rid.
Son has to be worth more than your average forward. £70m
Lucas probably £30m
Bergwijn- break even at best but probably take a hit.
I'm bored now as it's totally hypothetical

I'm serious. If someone comes asking for Kane, tell them they'll have to break the world record. It doesn't matter what he's statistically worth according to some third party rating system, he's contracted to us and we set the price. Basically, shoot the vultures down before they start circling.

As for the rest.....
I'd take whatever is on offer for Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Winks and Lamela just to get rid.
Son has to be worth more than your average forward. £70m
Lucas probably £30m
Bergwijn- break even at best but probably take a hit.
I'm bored now as it's totally hypothetical
I know you are serious mate but 'have to break the world record' is not a price. What is the minimum you would accept for Harry Kane ??

Woolwich have been paying their squad players to leave, we will need to do the same with players like Sissoko who are on massive wages vs their ability. Nominal fee for him, Doherty etc

clubs ain’t gonna spend due to Covid - wages or fees

Whatever the world record is plus one
And wait and see if someone adds two. And so on.
That will be €223m then because Neymar holds the record at €222m

Those sort of prices we shall never see the like of again for many years to come following the effects of the Covid restrictions. No club could afford that sort of expenditure which is probably why Harry will stay with us even if he does seek fame and fortune elsewhere.

£ MILLION
LLORIS Hugo12-15
DOHERTY Matt15
REGUILON Sergio20
ALDERWEIRELD Toby10
HOJBJERG Pierre-Emile25
SANCHEZ Davinson10
SON Heung-min90
WINKS Harry15
BALE GarethX
KANE Harry180
LAMELA Erik10
HART JoeX
RODON Joe10
DIER Eric40
SISSOKO Moussa5
LO CELSO Giovani35
ALLI Dele40
BERGWIJN Steven15
AURIER Serge10
TANGANGA JaphetX
MOURA Lucas20
NDOMBELE Tanguy25
DAVIES Ben10
WHITEMAN AlfieX
VINICIUS CarlosX

£m
Hugo Lloris 8.10
Matt Doherty 16.20
Sergio Reguilon 22.50
Toby Alderweireld 13.50
Davinson Sanchez 31.50
Heung Min-Son 76.50
Harry Winks 19.80
Harry Kane 108.00
Erik Lamela 14.40
Joe Rodon 9.00
Eric Dier 22.50
Moussa Sissoko 11.70
Giovani Lo Celso 27.00
Dele Alli 28.80
Steven Bergwijn 22.50
Serge Aurier 18.00
Japhet Tanganga 7.20
Lucas Moura 22.50
Tanguy Ndombele 45.00
Ben Davies 14.40

Bloody hell , if we sell hojberg, winks , doherty, dier, sissoko , we can raise 100million according to them. Where do we sign!

If I owned Spurs, I'd sit down with Harry Kane and I'd say, "Look Harry, you've been an amazing player at this club and I'll make sure you get to go wherever you want to go, because we owe it to you. You'll be forever in our hearts and we're forever in debt to you. But we don't want to lose you, so if you stay I'll triple your salary ...and sod the rest of 'em. By the way - keep it a secret, will you?

If someone offers us 15 mil for Winks, I'll drive him there myself......

To be fair.... The way football is, it wouldn't surprise me if someone shells out 20 mil for Winks...... Poor buggers

Back
Top Bottom