FA CUP 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

New in a competitive game. We played them there in a friendly under Hoddle. A boring nil nil.

Will be a difficult match. They are a physical side and very good at set pieces. I’d say it is certain they will score against us with one.
Yeah - friendly games don’t really count... and it was a long time ago.

They’re not good enough to be anything but rock bottom of the Championship despite having played more than most teams around them. I’d be very surprised if they score. We’re a good side. Unless we have a truly experimental XI or totally screw up, we won’t concede. It’ll be an easy 2/3-0 affair.

This is the draw I wanted. Really looking forward to seeing Gareth Ainsworths lovely hair
Yup, more time for Rondon, Tanganga, and possibly even White and Devine. More rest for Kane.

Some helpful scheduling allowing some rotation/rest over the next few weeks leading up to Liverpool.

13/1 Wednesday - Fulham H (PL)
17/1 Sunday - Sheffield United A (PL)
23/1 Saturday - Wycombe Wanderers A (FA Cup)
28/1 Thursday - Liverpool H (PL)
31/1 Sunday - Brighton A (PL)

Only question is whether we need to fit in the Villa game on about 20th ?

I really can’t see Jose fielding white and Devine against a championship side. He’s taking this shit seriously.
It depends on the state of the game, if we are 3+ up by half time or 70 mins, he would likely bring on the kids.

Some helpful scheduling allowing some rotation/rest over the next few weeks leading up to Liverpool.

13/1 Wednesday - Fulham H (PL)
17/1 Sunday - Sheffield United A (PL)
23/1 Saturday - Wycombe Wanderers A (FA Cup)
28/1 Thursday - Liverpool H (PL)
31/1 Sunday - Brighton A (PL)

Only question is whether we need to fit in the Villa game on about 20th ?
Villa are playing City on the 20th.
March 2nd/3rd is a free midweek.

Last time we had a season like this would have been 1982?

Lost the League Cup final,
Won the FA Cup,
Lost in the semi-final in Europe
4th in the League

Improve on that is the target this year I think.

It will confuse a lot of people if we end up playing Sheffield Wednesday, given the number of posters who refer to Sheffield United as Sheffield.

Always annoys me. It's like saying we're playing Manchester.

4th round good, 5th round could have been better but definetly one of the tougher draws. There’s still a few low ranked clubs in the 5th round draws so we could have an easier quarters and semi finals of the FA Cup are usually when you play a top 6 side regardless. The cup runs are kind of funny. In a ideal cup run, you would get to the final by playing lower ranked teams but that almost never happens, especially with us. Is it better to play the higher ranked teams in the early rounds as they may not put out a full strength team, probably.
5th round to be played between Feb 9-11 so we have Man City and West Brom either side of that. Everyone will have Man U and Fulham.

Last time we had a season like this would have been 1982?

Lost the League Cup final,
Won the FA Cup,
Lost in the semi-final in Europe
4th in the League

Improve on that is the target this year I think.
I'd bite your hand off for an FA Cup and top 4.

Wouldn't be comfortable losing League Cup but if that guaranteed the FA cup and top 4 sign me up. It's criminal it's been 30 years since we won the FA Cup.

I cant believe it. Ive lived in Wycombe most of my life (my second team and first football match i ever went to) and ive wanted a competitive game against Spurs at Adams Park my entire life. Finally its here and fucking Covid ruins it.

I live a stones throw from the ground so i think im going to go down the road matchday and welcome the Spurs coach (socially distanced of course) and find a spot on this hill and try and catch a bit of the game (well the part of the pitch you can see from the hill).

Damn 'rona!!!

Had no idea they were doing the 5th round draw as well, not sure i see the logic in that and takes away a bit of the uncertainty which makes the cup so interesting. Great 4th round for us though, 5th round iffy but we're a better side than Everton.

Was at the Lane for that tie a few years back. West Upper for a tenner too good to miss even for this Park Lane pleb. What a great FA cup match that was, had everything bar the Cupset.

Is that tubby striker still playing? The one that badly embarrassed CCV. The amount of "running" he did suggested to me that he was in his forties even then.

Was at the Lane for that tie a few years back. West Upper for a tenner too good to miss even for this Park Lane pleb. What a great FA cup match that was, had everything bar the Cupset.

Is that tubby striker still playing? The one that badly embarrassed CCV. The amount of "running" he did suggested to me that he was in his forties even then.
You’re talking about that 100 stones main battle tank they had up front?

Had no idea they were doing the 5th round draw as well, not sure i see the logic in that and takes away a bit of the uncertainty which makes the cup so interesting. Great 4th round for us though, 5th round iffy but we're a better side than Everton.

Silly idea and I am not sure I can see any reason why they did it like that. No doubt someone will say because of Covid but again what has that got to do with it? My bank now closes at 3pm and you can’t use the counter past 2pm- Covid is apparently the reason for this as well so everyone crams into the bank at the same time! Crazy

Back
Top Bottom