FA Cup 3rd Rd - Middlesbrough F.C. Vs Tottenham, Sun 5th Jan.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, this is the FA Cup that we are playing in right now. It's relevant.

Not specifically aimed at you Baz but listening to the commentary of the game yesterday (I think it was BT, had Clive Allen on co-coms) all they kept saying is how great Jose's record is in the Cup. I think it started as a point about his record in the 3rd round but that got dropped after about 10mins and throughout the entire game the theme as he has a brilliant FA Cup record. This only builds the narrative that "today" he's a great manager.

The fact remains he's only won it once in his entire career and it was 13yrs ago! Yet, people keep seeing him as the only manager that will get us silverware. I don't get where this comes from.

Well as I said it’s not just the FA Cup and his trophy winning record has to stack up against the best

I don’t think that he would throw a NLD just because it was a league cup tie like Poch did but I do recognise that Poch gave us a couple of great years

I just want what’s best for my club and genuinely believe in José
If we’re still fucking about as we are now this time next year then fair enough but I think we should all get behind him

Ah, that could be why BBC are already showing it as Tuesday. Hopefully it will be 5 points and VERY cheap (£25 or less), but I'm not holding my breath. :levylol:

If you’re not a member like me is it still possible to buy straight from the Club?
Don’t fancy using Stubhub or anything like that

I blame Levy. He was shit today. Not one pass found it’s target. Crossing was awful. Didn’t even look like scoring. Useless cunt.
Probably the most childish post of the thread, tbh.

Nobody can blame Levy for individual performances, but many rightfully blame Levy for the years of underinvestment that have left us with a squad the sicks up performances like the last 3 v Norwich, Southampton and Middlesbrough.

Well, this is the FA Cup that we are playing in right now. It's relevant.

Not specifically aimed at you Baz but listening to the commentary of the game yesterday (I think it was BT, had Clive Allen on co-coms) all they kept saying is how great Jose's record is in the Cup. I think it started as a point about his record in the 3rd round but that got dropped after about 10mins and throughout the entire game the theme as he has a brilliant FA Cup record. This only builds the narrative that "today" he's a great manager.

The fact remains he's only won it once in his entire career and it was 13yrs ago! Yet, people keep seeing him as the only manager that will get us silverware. I don't get where this comes from.

It comes from the fact he's won a lot doesn't it? I personally think his day is done and hes past his sell by date and fancied one last pay day...which we obliged him with. If he wins sonething 'll be chuffed for the club but if he doesn't I won't be surprised.

Yeah. I kind of meant that this has been going on for months pre jose and that he hasn't suddenly made us rubbish. I do agree with your point though there seems to be very little New stuff happening such as decent formation and energy. Is he now an irrelevant football dinosaur I wonder?

Too early to say

I don’t give a fuck

Poch won fuck all with us or any other side he’s managed

That’s all that counts

He was a loser

Jose is a winner

That’s the difference

As little as two years ago:
“Pay Eriksen/Toby/Dele/Jan/Rose what they want”
“All we need is ONE player to make us title winners”

Fail to even win a Carabou with said players:

“Squad has been neglected and manager has been betrayed”

Summer 2019:
“Need a top CM, like Ndombele and Eriksen and Dele will be brilliant”

Autumn 2019:
“Need a new squad and another CM so Ndombele can be good”

January 2020:
“All the players we said are utter garbage aren’t playing well so that means Jose isn’t better than Poch”

Well as I said it’s not just the FA Cup and his trophy winning record has to stack up against the best

I don’t think that he would throw a NLD just because it was a league cup tie like Poch did but I do recognise that Poch gave us a couple of great years

I just want what’s best for my club and genuinely believe in José
If we’re still fucking about as we are now this time next year then fair enough but I think we should all get behind him
I am "behind" him because I'm a Spurs supporter, I have no choice other than not to be behind him as I have zero input in selecting who should or shouldn't be our manager. But being "behind" someone doesn't mean I think he's not a has-been. This is merely an opinion which I've attempted to back-up rather than spouting it randomly into the night air.

His historic record is there for all to see, so too is van Gaal's as is Ancellotti's but that doesn't make any of these coaches relevant and at the zenith of football TODAY.

If you’re not a member like me is it still possible to buy straight from the Club?
Don’t fancy using Stubhub or anything like that

If it goes to general sale, which I assume this one will, you don't need to be a member (unless it's restricted general sale). Rules here:

I wonder if it may not make it to general sale though given the very short time to get through all of the usual sale phases (ST, OH+, OH, Guest sale, etc.).

ENl0c8AX0AAi31O.jpg:large

Probably the most childish post of the thread, tbh.

Nobody can blame Levy for individual performances, but many rightfully blame Levy for the years of underinvestment that have left us with a squad the sicks up performances like the last 3 v Norwich, Southampton and Middlesbrough.
Is “fuck off you one track cunt and change the record” more or less childish?

I am "behind" him because I'm a Spurs supporter, I have no choice other than not to be behind him as I have zero input in selecting who should or shouldn't be our manager. But being "behind" someone doesn't mean I think he's not a has-been. This is merely an opinion which I've attempted to back-up rather than spouting it randomly into the night air.

His historic record is there for all to see, so too is van Gaal's as is Ancellotti's but that doesn't make any of these coaches relevant and at the zenith of football TODAY.

I would give him 12 months

I’ve said before the current negativity after such a short tenure is ridiculous but you’re entitled to your opinion so we can agree to disagree without calling each other cunts

You c...
😉

Fair enough but I’m delighted to have him

As little as two years ago:
“Pay Eriksen/Toby/Dele/Jan/Rose what they want”
“All we need is ONE player to make us title winners”

Fail to even win a Carabou with said players:

“Squad has been neglected and manager has been betrayed”

Summer 2019:
“Need a top CM, like Ndombele and Eriksen and Dele will be brilliant”

Autumn 2019:
“Need a new squad and another CM so Ndombele can be good”

January 2020:
“All the players we said are utter garbage aren’t playing well so that means Jose isn’t better than Poch”
Who said life was set in stone?

I would say less childish than the one I referred too.

Not surprised you're feeling embarrased by it.

:harryhmm:
Not embarrassed at all. It was supposed to be childish, so it hit the mark just fine.

Whilst I’m on, you say you don’t blame Levy for individual performances. I have a couple of points:

1. Do you feel that if he had sanctioned millions in the windows that we’d have played the side we did? If not, surely it’s his fault when our terrible players play terribly as they shouldn’t be playing but would’ve been replaced by Messi, Mbappe, etc? Therefore, he’s responsible for individual performances.
2. If, however, you meant individual performances by the team, again the point stands that when we lose, we should have a better (more expensive) squad to play better players, so again you blame Levy.
3. Do you only cry about Levy when we lose? Were you being a weepy wee bitch about Levy when we were walking out in Madrid last May? Or only after we’d been beaten? Is it only his fault when we lose, but nothing to do with him when we win?
4. Do you find people sigh, roll their eyes, or just get up and leave when you enter a room?
5. Feel free not to respond to any of these, I don’t really give a shite. I’m just being childish again.
6. You’re a cunt.

Who said life was set in stone?
Stone it’s not.
But I find it quite atrocious that people feel no shame in slagging off Eriksen after what they said about people who did slag him off just half a year ago.

A whole thread on who should replace him.
He’s irreplaceable isn’t he? And if you don’t agree, you don’t understand football and are a gooner cunt? Right?

Back
Top Bottom