FA CUP 5TH ROUND DRAW

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Replays do reflect a more attendance-based than TV-based sport, which is a thing of the past.

And the other advantage of replays is it gives the lesser teams a better opportunity at giant killings.

All of that said, pens suck.

I don't think that's true at all...... You really think if Kidderminster went back to the London stadium after 90mins they'd have stood a better chance of proceeding to the next round???

Giant killings are lightning in a bottle.... Those performance levels would rarely be maintained across 2 games.

Last edited:
I don't think that's true at all...... You really think if Kidderminster went back to the London stadium after 90mins they'd have stood a better chance of proceeding to the next round???

Giant killings are lighting in a bottle.... Those performance levels would rarely be maintained across 2 games.
I misspoke.

That’s the advantage of ELIMINATING replays

Anyway, as Spurs fans we have a tendency to conflate the League Cup and the FA Cup since the former is our only success in 30 years, but the FA Cup is way better and deserves pride of place.

The FA, EFL, and Premier League need to get together and allocate the resources to reinvigorate this competition.

Went to the 1-1 in the 3rd round 2 years ago...we took loads up there!

Sess got a rare outing that day (and his own song for about 5 minutes!)

They're gonna be bang up for it, especially after the way they got through on Friday
....honestly, I'd almost have rather Man Utd on current form!!

I’m certain the FA is fixed nowadays to discreetly keep big sides apart. Always seemed there would be top of the table clashes early on in the cup.
There's a camera under the table. You telling me Andy Cole doesn't have a ear piece with someone going "no, left, that one"?

Not a bad draw. Could have been better but could have been worse. I’m all for challenging for the cups, I say it very year. But this year, we need to focus on the league and get back in the CL. We’ve been out of it too long and we’re unable to attract the talent to go along with our stand out manager. So I’m good for a little bit of rotation but it looks like we have a decent gap between our cup and league games next time around

Back
Top Bottom