FA Cup - Everton Vs Tottenham, Wed 10th Feb 8:15pm (BT Sport).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who goes through?

• Total voters
. We might not get to take home the silverware but we get to eat with the people that do, and that means that he's doing his job well enough to sustain the clubs value.

ac54c536bb71c3cca089963804864ac1.gif

Everton drew City at home. We don’t have too bad a record against City at be. In fact we’ve beaten them on all 3 meetings at the new stadium.
You never know. Just think we aren't in the sort of form to beat city at the moment. But obviously would rather have gone through & had a crack at them. But a good chance we would have lost & it stretches our squad further.

Well Gareth bale, van der vart are but 2 that he definitely bought over the manager and I'm sure they are not the only 2...I would imagine rodon is one also, as mourinho wanted skriniar. Not sure mourinho scouts in the championship to be fair
Nope.
Levy asked Redknapp if he wanted him.

I can only assume it's the same with other 1st team transfers, unless you have a link that says otherwise ?

Youngsters, possibly, but with a big input from the scouting team.

And we can all sleep soundly in our beds tonight safe in the knowledge that ...... "We may not get to take home the silverware but at least we get to eat with the people that do"

Oh Mamma!
You know that just means we are now competitive unlike the entire 90's and 00's when we averaged 10th and for us the CL was some meaningless concept for big clubs .... guess that was just to 'deep' for you to comprehend.

Didn't watch live bc work. 2/3rds of the way through the replays now.

My initial reaction so far is Tom Davies should have gotten an early yellow for his charge on Ndombele and Mina a straight red for his extremely late and painful looking ankle/shin rake on Son ( with his studs). Ref definitely favoring them imo.

Defense leaky AF but I think Jose and the team should be able to learn how to play and control the game better as 4-2-3-1 as time goes on.

How hot and cold did Sanchez blow? Eek.

It actually looks like Spurs football again at least though.

Just watched the goals again. I don’t think I’ve seen such a bad defensive performance like ours in years. It’s like we selected four random strangers from the street and formed a back four with them.

Also that penalty was laughable, watched in slow motion and I still couldn’t figure if there was contact between DCL and Hojbjerg.

Just watched the goals again AND

The goals were conceded from defensive errors and being too passive.

For me its nothing to do with playing attacking football and being open. Everton's finishing for their 4 non penalty goals were very good tbf but the way we sat off them and the way the Back 4 didn't follow the runners was the problem.

Nothing to do with the likes of Lamela/Bergwijn/Moura staying futher up the pitch.

Just watched the goals again. I don’t think I’ve seen such a bad defensive performance like ours in years. It’s like we selected four random strangers from the street and formed a back four with them.

Also that penalty was laughable, watched in slow motion and I still couldn’t figure if there was contact between DCL and Hojbjerg.

Everton put in an equally poor defensive performance as well. The way they played the corners was like they were U-6's having never seen a corner before. Mina would be getting killed on here if he played for us after he just missed the ball on the Lamela goal. And leaving Kane for an open header to let us tie the game late... I would love to see the reaction here if we did something similar.

People are saying it was a fun game for a neutral but overall it was a pretty poor performance from both teams defensively to create that "fun."

I know that the penalty wasn't the deciding factor at all, but I just can't get over it. To me, that's never a penalty. It's not even a foul anywhere on the pitch, never mind a situation where you should basically get a goal for it. And yeah, maybe it's me showing my bias, but in the second half Lamela had the ball in the box and was tripped up, and there was no call. How do you call one and not the other?

I think that part of what drives me crazy about this is that even if you take out the controversy of whether it's a foul, he was never getting to that ball first. He wasn't deprived of a scoring opportunity, and the remedy is basically a sure goal. I realise that's the rule, and kind of a whole other issue, but it's awfully harsh in general, never mind the fact that this is a contact sport and not every time there is a coming together it's a foul.

Anyway...I really have to get over this!

I know that the penalty wasn't the deciding factor at all, but I just can't get over it. To me, that's never a penalty. It's not even a foul anywhere on the pitch, never mind a situation where you should basically get a goal for it. And yeah, maybe it's me showing my bias, but in the second half Lamela had the ball in the box and was tripped up, and there was no call. How do you call one and not the other?

I think that part of what drives me crazy about this is that even if you take out the controversy of whether it's a foul, he was never getting to that ball first. He wasn't deprived of a scoring opportunity, and the remedy is basically a sure goal. I realise that's the rule, and kind of a whole other issue, but it's awfully harsh in general, never mind the fact that this is a contact sport and not every time there is a coming together it's a foul.

Anyway...I really have to get over this!

I think that kind of thing is always a penalty now, the only debate is whether this is contact or not. If a defender is in the penalty box they should know what is happening around them, if they are away with the fairies and trip someone by simply not knowing they were there, that's still a foul. If you don't want to concede a cheap penalty then pay attention. Hoj deserved to be punished for being so casual inside the area.

Agree but at the same time if that happened I'd think that could have been us..
If they get tonked 5 nil next round then it'd make the pain of last night more palatable...
Do you really want to see Richarlison running round( an empty Wembley)grinning and posing with the FACup? really?? And his stupid head

Played well with good attacking purpose for a change. Good intensity especially first have with the quick players up front. Might work against citeh don’t let them in to stride and pass the ball around. Shame finish wasn’t great. In fact we end up scoring 3 goals from corners really. I noticed the pressing and fast movement seem to drop in the 2nd half after Kane came who didn’t really get too involved in the game. Pathetic free kick as well from like 50 yards. Someone should tell him not to try and grab the headlines all the time. Should have put the ball into the box like Everton did with all their free kicks. Think once lamela went off we lost all impetus. Not sure why he needed to come off. Otherwise same criticisms as everyone else. Just didn’t put the foot down once we equalised. Handing them freebies plus they were without DCL.

Back
Top Bottom