Fa Cup fifth round- rochdale afc v tottenham hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now that is feint, Neymar run and stopped by the pen spot, tricked the keeper to go one side and then slid the ball on the other side.
Son slowed or may be stopped his run 2 yards away from the spot and took another step or even 2 and hit the ball. This is not a feint.
If a ref does similar in another match could easily affect the outcome.
Son's was a feint but you are aloud to feint during your run up.

Imagine a review in the hands of Tony Pullis or Mourinho. Also when do you review, when the ball goes out of play, when the other team have won the ball back are are now on a counter-attack 4vs2? If you change how the game is officiated then you change how it's played, even worse is you now have two codes of the game, the pro game and the game without VAR. The beauty of the game is even in the park the laws of the game can be applied to a kick about with your mates, but more importantly our kids will not be playing the same game.
I'm with you.

apply it to only goals against or sending off offences. In both cases the game would have stopped

And the appeal would have to be immediate

That way I would be only be for the really poor decisions or injustices

You know the ones that see the team haranguing the ref.... just allow 1 appeal per half

Like I say. I've not thiyght about it too much ... but it might get rid of the obvious bad calls and keep the game flowing

Either that or bollox to it all ... I hated last night

And fir the non pro game .... the one that never gets picked .... he now has a role as the VAR kid on his iPad videoing the game !!!
:eriksenlol:

Where does it say stopping the run up is unsportsmanlike?
How the fuck can you disagree with a question? What is there to disagree with?

Still waiting for your answer.....
giphy.gif

Imagine a review in the hands of Tony Pullis or Mourinho. Also when do you review, when the ball goes out of play, when the other team have won the ball back are are now on a counter-attack 4vs2? If you change how the game is officiated then you change how it's played, even worse is you now have two codes of the game, the pro game and the game without VAR. The beauty of the game is even in the park the laws of the game can be applied to a kick about with your mates, but more importantly our kids will not be playing the same game.

Ask for the review immediately, ref waits for a break in play. Lino's at all levels can signal a ref via buzzer now so all it needs is a manager to nudge the 4th official and get it sent to the ref.

Refs have the ability to stop a game at an appropriate moment rather than letting shady managers try to stop a break etc.

I'm not saying this is the way I'd go, just that's that how it would have to play out if it was going to work in my eyes.

Son's was a feint but you are aloud to feint during your run up.
I have to correct you.
The meaning of feint in sport is to pretend to go one direction but do the opposite.
Example a boxer shows a right jab but he mashes with the left jab.
Another example: Video above Neymar "stops" his run by the penalty spot move his foot aiming for left corner but he pulls his foot back and hits the right corner.

Son was running towards the spot he slowed down or even stopped a distance before the spot and he did not pretend to hit the ball left or right because he can't as he can't reach the ball so the keeper has to wait for Son to continue his steps to hit the ball which Son did and hit the ball and scored.

I'm with you.

apply it to only goals against or sending off offences. In both cases the game would have stopped

And the appeal would have to be immediate

That way I would be only be for the really poor decisions or injustices

You know the Ines that see the team haranguing the ref.... just allow 1 appeal per half

Like I say. I've not thiyght about it too much ... but it might get rid of the obvious bad calls and keep the game flowing

Either that or bollox to it all ... I hated last night

And fir the non pro game .... the one that never gets picked .... he now has a role as the VAR kid on his iPad videoing the game !!!
But you get what happened last night. When a goal is scored you can't celebrate because you have to wait for VAR to approve. If we want to help refs then lets stick a couple more lino's on to cover the entire touchline. Stick a couple more behind the goals, all of them are there to help the ref, but ref must make the final call, he must be the boss, he must have control.

Ultimately we I think we have to lean or remind ourselves what we love about the game and that's excitement, free flowing football and stopping the game for even more than is already done deteriorates this to the point that it's a farce. This VAR nonsense should actually be the catalyst for us to look for ways to speed up the game, like allowing medical staff onto the pitch to attend to a player whilst the game carries on, no need to stop the game, you then eradicate the times wasting of faked injuries.

I have to correct you.
The meaning of feint in sport is to pretend to go one direction but do the opposite.
Example a boxer shows a right jab but he mashes with the left jab.
Another example: Video above Neymar "stops" his run by the penalty spot move his foot aiming for left corner but he pulls his foot back and hits the right corner.

Son was running towards the spot he slowed down or even stopped a distance before the spot and he did not pretend to hit the ball left or right because he can't as he can't reach the ball so the keeper has to wait for Son to continue his steps to hit the ball which Son did and hit the ball and scored.
Maybe semantics but I would call what Son did a feint, but a feint that was legal for the reason you gave which are written as laws.

But you get what happened last night. When a goal is scored you can't celebrate because you have to wait for VAR to approve. If we want to help refs then lets stick a couple more lino's on to cover the entire touchline. Stick a couple more behind the goals, all of them are there to help the ref, but ref must make the final call, he must be the boss, he must have control.

Ultimately we I think we have to lean or remind ourselves what we love about the game and that's excitement, free flowing football and stopping the game for even more than is already done deteriorates this to the point that it's a farce. This VAR nonsense should actually be the catalyst for us to look for ways to speed up the game, like allowing medical staff onto the pitch to attend to a player whilst the game carries on, no need to stop the game, you then eradicate the times wasting of faked injuries.
I'm going to say but my argument suggest it would only be a maximum of a goal queried per half

Then I note to myself .... sometimes that's all there is ... or less

I think on the whole .... i agree with your viewpoint

Total VAR exclusion

Ask for the review immediately, ref waits for a break in play. Lino's at all levels can signal a ref via buzzer now so all it needs is a manager to nudge the 4th official and get it sent to the ref.

Refs have the ability to stop a game at an appropriate moment rather than letting shady managers try to stop a break etc.

I'm not saying this is the way I'd go, just that's that how it would have to play out if it was going to work in my eyes.
But it would still stop the game, if after a goal scored we get what we had last night.

Now if I were a manager I would use my review if we concede from a free-kick or corner, why? Because I will guarantee you if you look you will spot a shirt being pulled a player being blocked off.

Just remembered, at primary school, long time ago penalty takers including me used to make zigzag runs before hitting the ball to confuse the goalie which corner. I guess that would have been red card sending off offence last night haha

i have just about thawed out after last night....anyway.

Did anyone spot the Gooner in amongst the Rochdale fans last night, and went crazy when Rochdale equalised? Didnt see him much when the goals went flying in.... twat.

It was 6-1.
I said several things there Son Moura together 4:1 type etc but you don't care. Are you a math guy? I guess you got me then mr
Besides I totally didn't see Llorente hat trick coming. So I'm off a bit. I am sorry

Last edited:
Nothing special about me, but it may ease your paranoid delusions(*) for a start.

(*Bearing in mind you consider literally a few comments over a far larger amount of months to be some kind of cyber-stalking!)

Holy shit! ....Your profile says you are 38!

..Yet you conduct yourself with the maturity and literacy of a 12 year old.

Surreal place at times t'interweb.

"Bitch"?

"On [your] dick"?

.....Oh please - your tough guy talk is utterly laughable! :pocheyes:
Whatever mask. I m going back to sleep

I said several things there Son Moura together 4:1 type etc but you don't care. Are you a math guy? I guess you got me then mr
Besides I totally didn't see Llorente hat trick coming. So I'm off a bit. I am sorry

True.... So very sorry.

Back
Top Bottom