Fa cup final 1982

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I only remember how boring both games were. They came at the end of a very long season and we were knackered. A bit of a let down after the excitement of the 1981 replay. Even Stevie looked a bit sheepish when he picked up the Cup.

I only remember how boring both games were. They came at the end of a very long season and we were knackered. A bit of a let down after the excitement of the 1981 replay. Even Stevie looked a bit sheepish when he picked up the Cup.
Ur right Mrs P def a let down compared to the year before.We were red hot favs too.I did that thing where you try + name the team + totally forgot about Paul Price!

Do you older bods remember the trouble at both games? I was 16 + could only get tickets in the Rangers end.

I don’t recall any trouble at that one but the league cup final lose V Liverpool was lively- kicked right off both before and after the match claret everywhere! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Wasn’t that the season we ran on 4 fronts had to play 5 league games in 10 days towards the end and thus missed on the league title?

edit: from may 1st to may 17 we played 8 league matches!

Wasn’t that the season we ran on 4 fronts had to play 5 league games in 10 days towards the end and thus missed on the league title?
I think it was even worse than that.
My recollection is that we played, on average, 2-3 games a week for about 3 months.
League, FA Cup, League Cup and Cup Winners Cup.

I think it was even worse than that.
My recollection is that we played, on average, 2-3 games a week for about 3 months.
League, FA Cup, League Cup and Cup Winners Cup.
We thumped the scum away of Easter Day, serious talk about winning the league but then faded away from fatigue.

85 was close again but we shit our pants at that title decider against Everton at home.

shame that 81/82 side had so much talent. Peak Hoddle was one of Europe’s finest

We thumped the scum away of Easter Day, serious talk about winning the league but then faded away from fatigue.

85 was close again but we shit our pants at that title decider against Everton at home.

shame that 81/82 side had so much talent. Peak Hoddle was one of Europe’s finest
So we've been Spursy longer than the 21st century then.

Remember that game well, Southall played a blinder.

My mate was a step below me on the East Lower, under the Shelf. I was screaming and yelling so much that I drowned the back of his neck in gob, at one point he spun round, I was sure he was going to chin me.

He's West Ham, so he deserved it

:gazza:

Remember that game well, Southall played a blinder.

My mate was a step below me on the East Lower, under the Shelf. I was screaming and yelling so much that I drowned the back of his neck in gob, at one point he spun round, I was sure he was going to chin me.

He's West Ham, so he deserved it

:gazza:
I was at this game as well I too was in the east stand on the terrace not far from the front, I remember Southall making a world class save from falcos header.
As so often is the case we blew our audition and went slightly into free fall barely winning games limping home to finish third.

I was at this game as well I too was in the east stand on the terrace not far from the front, I remember Southall making a world class save from falcos header.
As so often is the case we blew our audition and went slightly into free fall barely winning games limping home to finish third.
Yeah, that's right. We could well have been pretty close to each other. Hope I didn't catch you with any flying sputum!

We have had many seasons where we really deserved more - 1982, 1987 and the Leicester season stick in the mind.
71/72 was also one of those seasons.
Only 6 points behind Derby at the end of the campaign. Somehow let the Spammers do the double over us.
Unlucky to get drawn away to Leeds in the 6th round of the Cup. Even then we went ahead - but crucially they equalised right on half-time. Eventually lost 2-1.
Should have retained the League Cup - but for that last minute cock-up between Cyril and Pat in the semi final 2nd leg against Chelscum.
Did win the UEFA Cup of course - but it could have been so much more.

71/72 was also one of those seasons.
Only 6 points behind Derby at the end of the campaign. Somehow let the Spammers do the double over us.
Unlucky to get drawn away to Leeds in the 6th round of the Cup. Even then we went ahead - but crucially they equalised right on half-time. Eventually lost 2-1.
Should have retained the League Cup - but for that last minute cock-up between Cyril and Pat in the semi final 2nd leg against Chelscum.
Did win the UEFA Cup of course - but it could have been so much more.
I still remember the league cup semi cock up. Cyril was unbelievable in missing that ball when standing on the line.

Back
Top Bottom