FA Cup - Middlesbrough (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose has confirmed Eriksen and Tanganga will start.
Press conference today is worth a listen Mou actually says things. Other tidbits:

-Jan will start
-Tanganga contract does not expire at end of season (new deal?)
-Everyone available must be ready to play due to injuries
-Eriksen did not have his best game at Liverpool but we are stretched due to injuries (paraphrasing)

Other things about Eriksen as well. Nothing being reported on Lo Celso but there was lot of Eriksen talk.

FOR FUCK SAKE

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed that Christian Eriksen will play on Tuesday. Wasn't he meant to be in Milan?

"Eriksen plays tomorrow. Every player we have has to be ready to help the team.

"We are not in conditions to think about anything else than that.

"One thing is to not put his best performance in but for so many reasons players all around the world have better seasons than other players.

Mourinho is then asked if this is the best version of Eriksen he could have?

"No. If you ask me the reasons, I am not an idiot, I have been in football many years.

"A player in this situation, even if he wants - and I am not criticising him - it's normal a player in this situation doesn't perform in the highest level.

"But he is helping us in matches he has played for us. He's had positive performances and contributions like against Olympiakos and Norwich."

Jose has confirmed Eriksen and Tanganga will start.
giphy.gif

FOR FUCK SAKE

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed that Christian Eriksen will play on Tuesday. Wasn't he meant to be in Milan?

"Eriksen plays tomorrow. Every player we have has to be ready to help the team.

"We are not in conditions to think about anything else than that.

"One thing is to not put his best performance in but for so many reasons players all around the world have better seasons than other players.

Mourinho is then asked if this is the best version of Eriksen he could have?

"No. If you ask me the reasons, I am not an idiot, I have been in football many years.

"A player in this situation, even if he wants - and I am not criticising him - it's normal a player in this situation doesn't perform in the highest level.

"But he is helping us in matches he has played for us. He's had positive performances and contributions like against Olympiakos and Norwich."
If twitter is to be believed he’s just agreed to a contract with Inter so hopefully this will make him unavailable

Gazzaniga
Tanganga - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Foyth - Eriksen - Skipp - Lo Celso - Sessegnon
Lamela - Son
Based on today's presser.

Listening to the press conference Jan in for Toby is only change but do not think he would give away the starting 11 but do not think much else will change. Eriksen starts as probably will Dele and Aurier although both could do with a rest. He may leave Rose out and revert to back 4 with Dier in midfield.
Gazza,
Aurier, Sanchez, Tanganga, Jan
Winks, Dier, Eriksen
Moura Son Dele
On assumption Lo Celso and Lamela cannot play 2 full matches this week, save them for Saturday and keep them on the bench to come on like Saturday and make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom