FA Cup - Middlesbrough (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why everyone was sweating over the second half.
Always disappointing to concede a goal, but that happens.

If people have switched their major concern to winning without a clean sheet or losing 1-0 to the best team on the planet as opposed to getting hammered by Brighton, then we must be doing something right.

Yes Sanchez had a mare and we wasted chances to put the game to bed, but it’s like people sit there with their fingers in the keyboard waiting for them to score so they can write “typical Spurs!!!” as soon as it happens.

I wasn’t at all concerned about them getting another, they did very little all game, and we were comfortable minus our own sloppiness at times.
They had one shot on target second half and it was the goal, and we should have had seven so hardly a major catastrophe.

I love the way people say “if my Aunty had bollocks” when we should have drawn against Liverpool.......but win a game and it’s all “they could have scored!!!!!!!”

On to Southampton, winning feels good to me anyway.

Job done. Bit slack 2nd half. Some positive performances: Lamela, Tanganga, Sessegnon etc BUT some woeful displays: Sanchez, Dier and of course Eriksen.
If we can work out that lack of focus that we had in the second half we'll be fine. We concede a lot of goals due to individual errors these days. There definitely seems like we cannot go into "cruise control" because we don't have that mode.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I thought Dier played the best game he's played in ages.

Still not back to his best but certainly improving on where he was.

Loving GLC right up until that moment that he passes (badly). A real star in the making.

Should have been 4-0 up in first half.

Is it a bad pass or does he go for something aggressive and clever that creates opportunities even if they sometimes don't work? I know I'd rather see that than eriksen being paid a lot of money to play a backwards or sideways 5 yard pass that causes no danger. He was awful again last night and I can't explain why jose persists with him.

I enjoyed the first half, moved the ball quickly and with variety, using both wings and also playing through the middle. Dier was good, enabling us to keep our shape, dropping between split CB’s or supporting FB’s by creating angles to play through. Gio and Lamela were especially energetic and thier movement’s off the ball enabled us to cut open Boro at will. Should have been at least out of sight by half time.

Second half was a different story, first part was simply boring, OK if you control the game to save the legs for the weekend but as every min ticked by we were losing control of the game. All you have to do, just as ANY team can do against us, is press us.

Dier wasn’t effective as he was in the first which led to a more rushed ball up to Gio, Lamela & Lucas who also were closed down more by Boro in the 2nd half.

When was the last time we played two decent half’s of football?

1st half was great,2nd half wasn't so great,but not as bad as some are making out. Yep,we let them get back into it,but the difference was we stepped up a gear after and tried to get a 3rd instead of the usual awful shutting up shop effort. Overall I am pleased with last night's performance. And the match pundits were not too annoying either.

ahahah the comment section!!

we are so hated.. I love it! how sad do you have to be to trawl through the beeb to write "spuds are crap"

. Posted bywaltononthenazespurs
on27 minutes ago
"I'm glad I don't go anymore,gave my seat up so one of the large number of China men who follow us these days could have his seat.Boring game,boring team,boring manager.I will return when we start winning trophies and all the tourists have had enough....."

:pochshock:

on27 minutes ago
"I'm glad I don't go anymore,gave my seat up so one of the large number of China men who follow us these days could have his seat.Boring game,boring team,boring manager.I will return when we start winning trophies and all the tourists have had enough....."

He won't be missed - far to many plastic like him somehow got ST's - shame for all the real fans.

on27 minutes ago

"I will return WHEN we start winning trophies!"

That's the spirit!
Well at least it means we won't be seeing his ilk for a while!!

...and as for CHINA MEN... Jesus!
Does he even mean China... or S.Korean??

on27 minutes ago

First sentence shows how much of a cunt he is. The part I highlighted, shows how stupid he is. I think all the tourists stopped going to Man United and Woolwich when they weren't winning trophies.

Winning trophies and tourists go hand in hand.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I thought Dier played the best game he's played in ages.

Still not back to his best but certainly improving on where he was.

Loving GLC right up until that moment that he passes (badly). A real star in the making.

Should have been 4-0 up in first half.
He had a really good first half. We had shape and balance to our play able to build attacks on either flank and through the middle, Dier was instrumental in our structure that we built off.

The caveat to this is this was Boro and they were very passive, Dier has never had a problem when he’s not pressed.

However, he is easily pressed. Boro pressed us more in the 2nd half and we struggled as a consequence. I’m not saying however that Dier was specifically pressed here as to be honest I lost track of the 2nd half tacitly as I found it was really boring and my concentration suffered, so would need to rewatch it again to speak to anything specific to his and our 2nd half showing. (Not sure I could be bothered to do so).

starsport15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom