FA Cup -Preston (A) 28/01 - 6PMKO BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good evening all , hopefully after you've beaten Fulham tonight you will be looking forward to this weekends trip to Deepdale to face Preston North End in the FA Cup

This is just a quick introduction to Preston forum Home | PebbleLeague.com a friendly PNE forum , im ProudPreston29 from the forum and its just a little friendly invite to check out our match thread and if you are making the trip up north there is a local beer guide in there too .

Match Thread : Preston North End v Tottenham Hotspur FA Cup Round 4 | PebbleLeague.com

Feel free to sign up , it would be great to hear your views on the upcoming match or just have a browse.

This is where our focus should be. A trophy is long overdue and we have a great shot at winning it.

Forster
Tanganga - Sanchez - Lenglet
Spence - Sarr - Bissouma - Sessengon
Kulusevski - Richarlison - Gil

Not out strongest 11, but it gives rest to those who need it, and minutes to others that require it, although I'm not I trust that back line and I was the one who typed it up.

I want to see Spence, but we all know he isn't starting.

Last edited:
I don't think we should underestimate Preston, a mid table Championship side playing at home, won't be a walk over.

I'm not sure we should play Skipp and Sarr together against this lot. Gatsby Gatsby . They're both young and don't have much experience playing as a duo.

I don't think we should underestimate Preston, a mid table Championship side playing at home, won't be a walk over.

I'm not sure we should play Skipp and Sarr together against this lot. Gatsby Gatsby . They're both young and don't have much experience playing as a duo.
To be honest I completely forgot about Bissouma..

Whack him in for Skipp... We severely lack creativity in our midfield area.

bissouma, doherty, forster, sessegnon, skipp, richarlison, leglet, sanchez, tanganga

not sure who will make the wide forwards with Gill injuried. maybe son to get some confidence and a nice little debut for Zaniolo were levy not to wait till the last 24hrs of the window:levystare:

Let's face it, for the 4-5 years we were 'Lording' it over Woolwich for finishing below us in the League, they were still picking up FA Cups (and somehow taking the Trophies' most successful club honour from under our noses)
It was good enough for (and not beneath) them... So why are WE so above all that?

I'd fucking LOVE to win the FA Cup... It's the FUCKING FA CUP FFS!!

We have 8 days until the following weekend (Sunday) until we play City. I still think we should rest Kane this match and play Risharlison as CF. If Gil is still injured I think Son will play.

Let's face it, for the 4-5 years we were 'Lording' it over Woolwich for finishing below us in the League, they were still picking up FA Cups (and somehow taking the Trophies' most successful club honour from under our noses)
It was good enough for (and not beneath) them... So why are WE so above all that?

I'd fucking LOVE to win the FA Cup... It's the FUCKING FA CUP FFS!!
We are not above any cup. We've barely won anything in decades. Even the Audi cup is a cause for celebration at this point.

A Preston fan started a thread yesterday which I've just merged into this one and now it looks like they've started the match thread :bentley:

We have 8 days until the following weekend (Sunday) until we play City. I still think we should rest Kane this match and play Risharlison as CF. If Gil is still injured I think Son will play.
Agree. Also tell Kane to fuck off to Dubai for a week for his family and get away from football, ditto Persic, PEH and Lloris. Recharge mentally and physically and think about the rest of the season

I know it might mean the starting 11 is changed vs Preston but injuries are improving and it would mean we pick a younger, hungrier side eg:

Forster
Romero Dier Davies
Royal Biss Benta Sess
Kulu Richy Son

Would still have players like Lenglet, Sarr, Skipp, Doc, Gil on bench. Not intending to devalue the cup at all, more so give us a chance of key players peaking later

Minimal changes from yesterday if everyone is fit, I'd Like to see Bissouma come in for Hojberg, Richie for Son and Forster For Hugo. Lets take this cup seriously

Good evening all , hopefully after you've beaten Fulham tonight you will be looking forward to this weekends trip to Deepdale to face Preston North End in the FA Cup

This is just a quick introduction to Preston forum Home | PebbleLeague.com a friendly PNE forum , im ProudPreston29 from the forum and its just a little friendly invite to check out our match thread and if you are making the trip up north there is a local beer guide in there too .

Match Thread : Preston North End v Tottenham Hotspur FA Cup Round 4 | PebbleLeague.com

Feel free to sign up , it would be great to hear your views on the upcoming match or just have a browse.
Now that is how you do a match day thread!!!!!

A Preston fan started a thread yesterday which I've just merged into this one and now it looks like they've started the match thread :bentley:
Don't worry, it made a refreshing change to read that OP (which is a really nice post). Also, don't worry if when we lose - you won't get the blame for that either - 100% guaranteed - although clearly it will be entirely your fault.

Back
Top Bottom