FA CUP Quarter-Final : Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - 17/03/18 @12.15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In or Out: IN.
Pre-Match: Train then very quick couple in Boozer.
Post-Match: Boozer then Train.
Line-Up: Lloris--AurierOrTrippier--Sanchez--Vertonghen--Davies--Dier--Dembele--AlliOrMoura--Eriksen--Lamela--Son.
Prediction: 2-1 win in normal time.

Rather undecided who should start at right-back, both can be bomb scares.
Davies back for the lost it Rose.
Dier back, think Big Vic is still a touch off it since returning from injury.
If Alli is out injured then Moura in.
Guessing Kane will be missing so Son up front supported by Eriksen & AlliOrMoura with Lamela doing the tracking back if needed.

Absolutely no reason to go weak here. Two weeks until our next game after this one. Sure, bring in the likes of Lucas if he needs game time but Dembele, Vertonghen, Eriksen etc should all be playing.

Would like to see this:

Son
Lucas - Eriksen - Lamela
Dembele - Dier
Davies - Vertonghen - Foyth - Trippier
Vorm

0-1

Crush the cunts and then we get a day out at Wembley for a Semi!

e9b83abf7f5c7bd6e825cf9e7798ec95abcd6d8c_hq.gif

After this game Swansea have Man United away, then 2 very important games v Stoke and Everton.
They will probably put out their first team against us and then sack off the United game with a reserve side.
Worst possible scenario ... tough game for us, then a cake walk for United.

Field a strong side. Take them seriously. No sleeping in and late starts here. Swansea have gotten structured under the new boss. With the international break coming up we have no reason to rest players

Stay focused and take them seriously and we are one step closer to cup glory.

With Jordan Ayew out for this game we have a real chance because he is their main attacking threat. Go full strength and get to the semifinals.

Vorm
Trippier Foyth Vert Davies
Dembele Dier
Lamela Eriksen Dele
Son

Lloris Aurier Sanchez Wanyama Lucas Llorente KWP

Absolutely no messing around with the team sheet in this one Poch.
I don't wanna see the likes of Vorm, Foyth, Winks, Sissosko, KWP et al anywhere near the starting XI
Can't understand why some people are putting Vorm, Foyth, KWP in their teams...This game is too important for sentiment and to be taking anything lightly.
I'll be gutted if we go out, and fucking furious if we do with a weakened team

Last edited:
Absolutely no messing around with the team sheet in this one Poch.
I don't wanna see the likes of Vorm, Foyth, Winks, Sissosko anywhere near the starting XI
Can't understand why some people are putting Vorm or Foyth in their teams...This game is too important for sentiment and to be taking anything lightly.
I'll be gutted if we go out, and fucking furious if we do with a weakened team
This. Foot on the throat from first whistle. Under no circumstances underestimate Swansea.

I would start with son, but if there ever was a game for Llorente then this is it. Just come off the back of a hatrick, plus a chance to show his old team that he left them for better things and he is not just a tired old benchwarmer.

If we don't start with him then he should definitely get a run out, also if dele is injured then moura has to start.

COYS!

Llorente
Son - Eriksen - Lucas
Dembele - Dier
Davies - Vertonghen - Alderweireld* - Trippier
Lloris*

Few things, is Toby fit? What's up with Rose, did he get injured because I missed the Bournemouth game. Also, do we want to start playing Lloris in the FA cup now or can we rely on Vorm?

We've got an incredibly heavy bench now, even with Kane injured. Can bring on Dele, Lamela, Sissoko or Wanyama depending on who starts. I'd preferably wait until late into the game to make some changes if it's quite close especially with Extra time a possibility.

If they value a cup game over PL status they are mental. Either way we should be beating them.

Maybe harsh on the fringe but Id like to go full strength now all the way.

Would like to see Llorente start with Son and Lucas .... Dembele + Eriksen in front of a back five .... well a back three and attacking fullback
That line up should put in 30 crosses before half-time ....
Llorente will do the rest .....

Absolutely no excuse to not go full strength with a weeks rest and an international break after this game, we are not playing a lower league team, this swansea side have been a lot better especially at home under their new boss. Same line up as the one that beat bournemouth but with davies coming in for rose, with moura to come on for the last 30 and run at a tired defence. Let's get the job done, we have a great chance at silverware this season.

Massive game needs a massive performance. We need this result, losing isn't on the agenda. For me, the players should be motivated to win this at all cost, no mistakes, be on your game and fight. We need big games as a semi in the FAC and Chelsea away to establish where we are as a team. Lose both and the cards may fall thats where we are for me.

Back
Top Bottom