FA Cup replay vs Newport. 7th Feb, 19:45KO (Moura is ineligible this round due to FA Rules Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
On a Wembley pitch our reserves/injury comebacks should have too much for Newport. Ideally I’d like to see everyone who started today rested bar Trippier.

- Vorm -
- Trippier - Foyth - Alderweireld - KWP -
- Winks - Wanyama -
- Son - Sissoko - Lamela
- Llorente -​

The less we have to bring on anyone of the 11 from today the better.

Last edited:
Vorm
Foyth - Sanchez - Alderweireld
Walker-Peters - Winks - Wanyama - Rose
Sissoko - Lamela
Llorente
Good opportunity for Alderweireld to build up a bit of fitness before the North London Derby, Sanchez plays again soon after his poor display today and Foyth gets more minutes. Would be good to see KWP play on the right side for once and give Rose some minutes.

Winks and Wanyama to get more minutes on their return from injury and Lamela gets a start for once. If he can't start at home to Newport then when can he!? I'd love to start Kane so he can go for scoring in every single FA Cup game this season but rest would be good for him.

Lucas Moura can't play I believe as he wasn't signed before the first game with Newport.

---------------------Vorm-------------------
KWP----Foyth-----------Toby----Rose
----------Sissoko--------Winks----------
Moura----------Lamela------------Son
-------------------Llorente-----------------

On a Wembley pitch our reserves/injury comebacks should have too much for Newport. Ideally I’d like to see everyone who started today rested bar Trippier. If Moura trains then start him to get him fresh, along with Toby and Winks.

- Vorm -
- Trippier - Foyth - Alderweireld - KWP -
- Winks - Wanyama -
- Moura - Sissoko - Lamela
- Llorente -​

The less we have to bring on anyone of the 11 from today the better.

Gazzaniga
KWP-Foyth-Toby-Rose
Sissoko Winks Wanyama
Moura Llorente Lamela

---------------------Vorm-------------------
KWP----Foyth-----------Toby----Rose
----------Sissoko--------Winks----------
Moura----------Lamela------------Son
-------------------Llorente-----------------

Moura can’t play because he wasn’t registered before the first match.

Vorm
Toby Sanchez Foyth
KWP Winks Wanyama Rose
Lamela Sissoko
Llorente

Gaz Kane Eriksen Dier Dembele Vert Davies

-----------------------Gazza

Aurier----Aldeweireld----Foyth----Rose

------------Wanyama----Winks
Lamela--------------Dele-------------Son

-------------------Llorente

Blessing in disguise this replay, gives our players coming back from injury a chance to gain some match fitness.

Vorm; Aurier, Alderweireld, Foyth, Rose; Dier, Winks; Lamela, Eriksen, Sissoko, Llorente.

Wanyama should start the NLD, and we rely on Eriksen too much but he did have a few days off so I'd say we start him here and take him off if we're cruising at 60-70'

Play the reserves, have fire power on the bench if needed. Lot of the squad coming off injury, put them in and get them some game time. Being healthy now we can afford to rotate heavily and still have a very good starting XI.

After a storming and stressful match today I’m looking forward to just enjoying watching a Tottenham side play. We’ll win easily. This was always a bonus match for our squad as a whole, especially given the injury comebacks, so should be a nice night. Upwards of 5-0 would be good. Llorente needs some goals and Toby should get a good run out.

Why would Moura not play or be eligible to play in this game as some have said?

Good opportunity to give some of the fringe guys a game. Personally, I wanna see Wanyama start against the scum on Sat, and maybe I might have Sanchez miss that game for Toby/Dier, so maybe play Sanchez on wed.

Attending. :sonpoint:

-----------------------------Vorm---------------------------
------Sanchez-------Alderweireld------Foyth--------
--Aurier---------Winks--------Wanyama--------Rose--
---------------Sissoko--------------Lamela-----------------
---------------------------Llorente---------------------------

Subs: Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Davies, Dier, Alli, Son, Kane.

HT : 1-0
FT : 3-0.
Goalscorers : Llorente, Aurier, Son.

Agree with most in here, give those returning from injury a run out to get them up to speed for the weekend. Especially the 3 defenders. Disappointing that lucas isn't available for this but hopefully he makes the squad against woolwich.

Vorm
Aurier Toby Foyth Rose
Wanyama Winks
Sissoko Lamela Son
Llorente

A couple of youth players in there would be good but i doubt it happens.

Bring Kwp on at RB for the second half or if we have it sealed.

Bench: PG, Sanchez, KWP, TOB, Sterling, Bennetts, Eriksen.

Would start KWP as he deserves it and frankly looks just as competent as the other FBs.

Also think starting Oakley-Booth would send a good message.

Part of the issue at Rodney Parade was that our 1st teamers weren't "up for it". Adding a bit more yoof than Poch normally does would hopefully negate this.

Back
Top Bottom