Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed.

Regards to our status/pecking order though: I can't get to mad when I see clubs like Liverpool & Barca being preferred by players; nor to a degree, us missing out on wingers....

HOWEVER: When I see us not in the mix for CMs like Gumaeres & Bantancur when they're being linked to clubs like Newcastle & Villa (or Nevez > Arse if there's any truth to it) for less money than Diaz would have cost, then yeh, I'm inclined to get fucking pissed.
I'm not mad at all about losing out on Diaz really, I'm mad at the fact that we're fast approaching the end of Jan now and we still haven't added a striker, cm or rwb to the squad, as those are apparently the main positions Conte would like addressed. And even if it is only speculation that those are his wants, it's plainly obvious for anyone to see that those are the biggest problem areas right now.

Signing Dias might have been an attention grabber, but ultimately it would just be sticking a fancy plaster over a shotgun wound to the gut. I'm more annoyed at seeing Burnley adding Orsic and Weghorst tbh, as they would probably address more issues in our squad than Diaz would.

Not to mention the transfers you already listed. Just how much better would we be feeling about the run in if we had done the exact business that Villa have? If they do manage to add Bentancur to that then it's just taking the piss.

It is not the quantity of players brought in but the quality that matters. One player that can make a difference but other than Diaz which we are not getting, none of the others fits that bill.

Admin Admin

Sorry to bother you on your island , I hope the weather is nice but can we get a Paratici smiley ?

0F38D01B-3D07-4EB8-9991-BC84676504BB.jpg

BA1BC3FC-D428-483E-A1F8-063EA3355928.jpg

1C58CA25-5BBD-4914-A138-F14091B915E5.jpg

CF0CBF4E-B57D-4C29-B99C-39E1C02C5206.jpg

I'm sorry. But this guy has failed at Spurs so far.

Let's analyse everything so far.

Transfers :

Romero -> Good deal , Fair enough.
Emerson -> £25m for a guy they now want to get rid of
Gollini -> Spurs don't want him
Gil -> £20m+Lamela for a guy they are trying to loan back from where he came from

So 3/4 signings have been failures or players deemed not good enough/not currently good enough for Spurs.

Then let's go onto to the managerial saga.
First it was Fonseca then randomly at the last minute he pulls out because he didn't think Fonseca was defensive enough? What's that all about? And also isn't the club's DNA an attacking one? Anyway..
Then he wanted to get Gattuso. Why? Mendes/Serie A links(Something we'll come back to later..)
Gattuso was never a good fit and only fan reaction stopped that happening.
Then his next best target Nuno. No one wanted him. Everyone knew it would be doomed (check forum posts etc.) Yet Paratici fully convinced Levy to go for him. He even showed him tactical videos. Only for Paratici to then sack him October.
We got Conte maybe because of Paratici maybe because of Levy but the point is his little project failed what? 3 months...

And finally this window. Probably the worst of the lot.
28 days in - NO INS/NO OUTS. Even Levy/Hitchen would struggle to match that sort of activity.
He spent the first 3 weeks negotiating for Adama Traore. To never actually reach Wolves asking price and then as soon as another club comes in he just sits there and lets it happen.
Then there next target is Diaz. Again they take too long to negotiate , Liverpool get wind and surprise suprise Liverpool can wrap up a deal quickly.

SO what do they do? Now let's go back to this bit Mendes/Serie A links(Something we'll come back to later..)

All our targets now are basically Serie A players. That's all Paratici can do . And not even the best of Serie A players like Romero. Serie A players who can't start for their teams.

In Essecence players offered by their clubs or agents desperate for Spurs to take them, Does that alarm anyone btw? With Traore/Diaz u can tell the selling clubs actually rated their players in this case it seems not.
I'm sure we'll see some More Mendes specials or Serie A links but basically its clear there's been no clear focus and just a scattergun approach this window. The first target being whatever player has suddenly been most recently offered to Paratici.

Look at the outgoings. No one has gone. No one is even that close to going and if Ndombele/Lo Celso go like expected we are downgrading on them .

Ultimately to judge how successful this window is (come back to this on 1st Feb) we need to see how different our first XI is compared to the before the window started. On this current trajectory the first XI will be exactly the same with the signings coming in simply bench or depth players and perhaps not even upgrades on what we have. Serious questions have to be asked on the current trajectory.

Sorry for the really long post. Just very very fustrated with him. If he is as good as many say then he has to show it in these next days but so far bar Romero/Conte he has constantly cocked up every other decision.
Agree to an extent but he did very well at juve. Do you think he has agreed to come essentially to serve as a distraction for levy - essentially take a few Mill while keeping the fans of levys back for a season, he can bggr off back to Italy in a year while levy hopes to sold the club (snigger)

He seems to have his hands tied by levys standard BS if honest - we are doing what we always do which suggests nothing has really changed - just the focus of our anger.

Think it's very different than work at Spurs.

First he worked in the biggest team in Italy, his transfers policy consists in offer a contract for players that would be avaliable for free. It was easy for Juve as they could offer a lot of money, Champions League football and the title in Serie A.

Second, the other part of the policy was to rail smallest Serie A clubs and get the promising players from them. Again, easy for Juve cause the first.

He won't replicate this heres as we can see with Kessie already. We can't offer good money cause we have a greddy cunt owner. We can't offer UCL at the momento and we can't compete for the title. We are miles behind Juve in this scenario of atracting players.

Also, if he wants to replicate part of the Juve model he can't go buying fucking Serie A players, they are unproven in the PL, the risk is so much higher and we are paying 30 million for a out of service Kulusevski that almost 100% won't fit the PL.
Actually he brought in a huge amount of players and he did it cheaply but juve were prepared higher wages. He also did bring in some stars on Big fees - again what he did he did well. I think the trophy laden cabinet in turin tells that story. But yes he won't be able to that here. Levy has spent every last penny and we will, or should I say levy will now bargain every last penny be it transfer fees of wages.

I'm afraid you've almost argued my point. He won't be able to do what he did - because levy won't give him the money because levy won't invest and the club no longer have any.

All the players conte and he may want will never agree to join based on levys budgets.

There's this as evidence of how the board works...

FKOskudXsAM_DYc
This is a tough one to read. I've been dutifully informed that all the players brought in are exactly what the respective managers have wanted and in no way does it reflect on Levy/board. It's all on the manager they say.

==========

This Paratici guy is showing himself to be more than a disappointment. As suggested by his history and our recent 'business' and player/club interests it seems that he's nothing more than a Mendes' shill and all of our activities are based around clubs that have done similarly.

My prediction of this guy lasting 18 months before we hear about this current fall guy's gardening leave still stands.

I’ve been calm this window up until now but not any more. This bloke is a fucking disgrace. He has had a month and hasn’t completed a single deal in or out. He’s had since 1 July to sort shit out yet appears to have done absolutely fuck all.
To busy hollering behind the dug out to his choice of coach Nuno over 3 lucky 1-0 wins. Joker of the highest order!

Back
Top Bottom