Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Germany is a minefield when it comes to finding talents for the Premier League. I'd much rather hope we find someone who is more of an expert in the latin markets (not including Italy).
Really a minefield? Gundogan, Son, Aubameyang, Berbatov, KDB, off my head. I think successful buys from the Bundeslige think it has a good hit rate. Take your point though South America good too.

Airfixx

"I brekka yorz back ind make-a yew humbil"
So much of it is luck, timing, the team they join as well. Rudiger looked kinda crap at times and now he's one of the best defensive players in the world. Werner, despite winning CL, is probably a flop for Chelsea, but I think he'd be an awesome RW for us with Kane and Son. Sancho seen as a failure right now, but play him RW with a competent attacking right back and he'll be brilliant. Keita, Joelinton, Haller initial flops but have since proved their quality. Leroy Sane was dynamite.

Buying PL proven players is very overrated.

Not to disregard the point you're seeking to make, but......

Relying on luck is 'over-rated'.

The signings of Romero, Kulu and Bentancur under Paratici leave me completely calm about the summer, especially now we have Conte too. Hopefully we can enjoy the incomings without writing them off before they've kicked a ball this time and trust those who bring them in.

He also brought Royal, Gil and Sarr. There's maybe hope for the latter 2, although I won't get overly excited about it.

Very impressed by the way he manages the market. In the past, after Bastoni fell through, the entire transfer window would be held up until the LCB position was resolved. Fab just shifts plans and moves quickly to sort out the other priorities.
Frankly there's no shifting. He has everything on the go at once. It's incredible to watch.

Levy simply doesnt have enough time to manage transfers on top of the club in the modern market. Thankfully he realized that and hired someone who's quite good at it.

Very impressed by the way he manages the market. In the past, after Bastoni fell through, the entire transfer window would be held up until the LCB position was resolved. Fab just shifts plans and moves quickly to sort out the other priorities.
The big thing is that he's clearly spent huge amounts of time/energy preparing the transfer market long before now. Not just "monitoring", "interested" blah blah blah

Perisic was clearly in the making long before we'd even secured top 4. Soon as we secured top 4, he was all the legwork was already done for him to sign on the dotted line.

Didn't feel like that with past transfers.

Always wondered who that good looking skinhead was in the dug out. I think paratici knew from the beginning nuno was not the guy based on how involved he was - at times standing next to nuno during the game.

Top Bottom