Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

getting out the players we don't want is no big deal as it's up to the buying club if they are happy with the deal, so that for me is on levy and on the player & his agent
getting players in is on this guy, he has to be the one to get the player interested in coming first, then its conte & Levy to sort out the rest (big part, but the DoF is the first call)
so what do we have ? 2 players who most of us never heard of, hoe the DoF has it right this time

Midfield business is pretty much done with Sarr joining the squad at the end of the season. Good mix of experience and youth as well as different playing styles.

Summer should be all about getting a striker (finally) or two strikers if Kane decides to throw toys out of the pram again,
and a better first team player in RWB if Doherty doesn't improve at all over the remaining season . Emerson seems like he can play central defence

I'll give him full credit for the ruthless departures and getting Levy to agree to cut losses. We've needed this approach for at least 3 years. That is promising going forward. Incomings, very uninspiring but hopefully he'll be proved right. Cant help feeling the summer is defining for Paratici and Conte. We have to act early and bring in very good first team players. No more excuses about 1 out 1 in or wage bills.

Very much on the fence about how sucessful this window has been. I simply do not know whether the 2 new players will prove better than those they are replacing. I said 2 new players that are ready for the team and will make a difference is what is required. Should know if that will happen by the end of the month.
As to those going out on loan, will Gill come back next season ready to challenge for a first team spot? I have my doubts but no point him staying here and not playing. The other 2 hopefully will be sold but if not there is no longer an overseas slot for them and we will be forced to sell them or others. We also have to accomodate Sarr.
In the summer we really must get more home grown players. We might have to pay over the odds for them but the number 2 GK and new RWB should be home grown. These positions are cheaper than strikers and creative midfielders where we may need to bring in a non homegrown player.

Before judging the signings what about just fucking wait for them to play?
46sV.gif

its an in-house interview so who knows if the questions/answers been work though to get best results from the fans
the proof is always in the pudding, so lets see how these 2 players do till end of the season, his first transfer window wasn't that good

The state of this place if Spurs went hell bent for glory and spunked £200M. What would everyone argue about?

:mourshock:

The small crowd who believe themselves when they say "I don't like buying success" will come out. Them and the "I don't like spending all this money because we'll do a Leeds"
And then the "I don't like all these forigners, I think we should be playing kids from the yoof team with proper names like Harry and Charlie"

There is rarely a time when a teams fans are all singing from the same song sheet

its an in-house interview so who knows if the questions/answers been work though to get best results from the fans
the proof is always in the pudding, so lets see how these 2 players do till end of the season, his first transfer window wasn't that good
To be fair, he's spent far too much time in the first two windows moving players out, which he achieved successfully.

But most of his signings have been kids, some of which look like speculation efforts. You can't tell me that loan of Gil is about getting him ready for the premier league, he's in the shop window for the Spanish teams to fight over him in the summer

interesting watch, he comes across to me as a little weak, was expecting a different demeanour.

I know what you mean..... He's quite a timid presence.

I still don't understand the Nuno appointment and how far his net really stretches. Once he has taken the scraps from Juve, then what...?

Guess we will know much more come the end of the summer.

Well, the summer showed that he's not dependent on Juve....

i.e.

No deals from Juve
Deals from Spain, France & Italy.
(Also, Nuno had no prior connection to Serie A)

Levy won’t change his approach and will ask that we target young players with resale value rather than experienced players to make an immediate impact to the team. I mean, £10M for Jack fucking Clarke!! £30M for Sessegnon? Awful, awful recruitment. Worse still our youth team isn’t that great aside from Devine and Scarlett doesn’t seem to be the player hyped up to be. It’s a fucking mess, and only fixed with serious money put in. Add the Y word debacle and I’ve not felt this far away from the football club in a long time. Hell, I loved the club more in the 90’s than I do now. A brief few years of relative success really has ruined our expectations. Even Conte’s tactical set up I’m now even questioning.

Back
Top Bottom