Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This appointment confirms 1000% we’re selling Kane
Neither Spurs, Kane, nor a potential buyer can know for certain that we're selling Kane at this moment.

The only thing that's clear is that if Kane will not sign a new contract, the clock is ticking to extract value from him.

And Kane playing three seasons of football in a Tottenham shirt has considerable value!

However, Levy's message that "the pandemic hit Tottenham worse than any other club", and "we will need to be careful over the next couple of years", make pretty crystal clear that Kane is worth more to us as money and younger players on longer contracts than he is as a wantaway superstar on a team not in its trophy-winning window.

Keeping Kane strategically demands that we maximize that asset, and it's clear we are unwilling to do that.

Neither Spurs, Kane, nor a potential buyer can know for certain that we're selling Kane at this moment.

The only thing that's clear is that if Kane will not sign a new contract, the clock is ticking to extract value from him.

And Kane playing three seasons of football in a Tottenham shirt has considerable value!

However, Levy's message that "the pandemic hit Tottenham worse than any other club", and "we will need to be careful over the next couple of years", make pretty crystal clear that Kane is worth more to us as money and younger players on longer contracts than he is as a wantaway superstar on a team not in its trophy-winning window.

Keeping Kane strategically demands that we maximize that asset, and it's clear we are unwilling to do that.
I don't think Kane's value is significantly lower next summer, though. He's still under contract for 2 years, the market for his services (unless something happens) will still be incredibly competitive among a handful of uber-rich clubs, and we're a year of more normal football away from Covid with the money that brings.

Value is all about supply and demand. In 12 months there will still be only 1 Harry Kane, and he'll still be multiple seasons away from being on the open market. Throw in the financial improvements over the next year, and its likely Kane is worth more next summer.

I'd honestly wait to sell, I think. Even valuing him more monetarily than athletically.

Interestimg that Fabio Paratici. is joining with the same remit/job title as Trevor Birch who joined from being Swansea Chairman, but left within a few months to become Chief Executive of EFL.

Much bigger span of responsibilities than a DoF or Sporting Director - but he was doing much the same at Juventus so hopefully brings knowledge and experience with him.

First job obviously to finalise Head Coach/Manager appointment .... but I'm sure he's already got a list of players who need to be moved on (which might be increased when new manager appointed) as well as some provisional names of players to bring in.

Welcome Fabio, we need you !

I don't think Kane's value is significantly lower next summer, though. He's still under contract for 2 years, the market for his services (unless something happens) will still be incredibly competitive among a handful of uber-rich clubs, and we're a year of more normal football away from Covid with the money that brings.

Value is all about supply and demand. In 12 months there will still be only 1 Harry Kane, and he'll still be multiple seasons away from being on the open market. Throw in the financial improvements over the next year, and its likely Kane is worth more next summer.

I'd honestly wait to sell, I think. Even valuing him more monetarily than athletically.
All of that is totally possible. But it's also a risk. Especially because Kane probably doesn't want to go to Europe, which practically speaking gives you only three potential buyers in City, United, and Liverpool.

He’s not renewed the lease on the place he lives in - expires end of July

All of that is totally possible. But it's also a risk. Especially because Kane probably doesn't want to go to Europe, which practically speaking gives you only three potential buyers in City, United, and Liverpool.
Its a risk for him, as well, though. If we dig in and refuse to sell domestically...whats his market at 30 with his injury history? City will surely have moved on to shinier toys, as will have Chelsea. United will probably have him, but I doubt any of them would build a squad around him to feature him anymore. 3 years is a long time. 2 years is even a long time. Kane really has zero leverage atm.

Its a risk for him, as well, though. If we dig in and refuse to sell domestically...whats his market at 30 with his injury history? City will surely have moved on to shinier toys, as will have Chelsea. United will probably have him, but I doubt any of them would build a squad around him to feature him anymore. 3 years is a long time. 2 years is even a long time. Kane really has zero leverage atm.
Well if the right bid never comes in for him, it's not like there are ever circumstances under which Spurs wouldn't happily offer him a bumper new contract. He has that as a fallback.

He is hell bent on Shearer's record, I'm sure of it. He won't go abroad.

I suspect that this summer those 3 clubs are the only ones with the finances to possibly buy Kane.

Next summer that shortlist could increase with Madrid, Barcleona, Bayern etc, but it will still be a relatively small number of clubs.

I don't think Kane is in a rush to move, not least with pandemic still creating uncertainty espcially in Europe. And if he wants to move to 'win things' its possibly more likely he goes to a european club.

But I'm not convinced Kane definitely wants to move ..... and if he does it will be clear to his agent that next summer will be a better time to engineer a move with only 2 years left on his contract,

Well if the right bid never comes in for him, it's not like there are ever circumstances under which Spurs wouldn't happily offer him a bumper new contract. He has that as a fallback.

He is hell bent on Shearer's record, I'm sure of it. He won't go abroad.

And Shearer turned down ManU at least once to move to his boyhood club, Newcastle ...... almost certainly knowing he'd never win anything there.

So not a certainty Kane wants to move

I am not sure that the teams that Kane would potentially go to- City, Chelsea, United, PSG are the only legit ones I can see maybe Bayern- are really affected by Covid like a normal club might be. They try and use that to negotiate but as we see with the Sancho discussion for 95m that the top players will still cost top level prices.

This year what will help Kane's value is that it appears Mbappe is staying at PSG and Halaand is cheaper next summer so he could be the only legit star forward out there. Plus it appears there is a potential need for both Chelsea and City to get him before the other one.

From our perspective if it is basically a foregone conclusion that he is gone and he wants out then better to move on now when all the changes are happening anyways and the expectations are rock bottom. Although I also could see them wanting to keep him so he could artificially prop up the team and then use him leaving next summer as a excuse for a bad 2nd season for Fonseca.

He’s not renewed the lease on the place he lives in - expires end of July

Kane doesn't own the place his lives in?

Is that normal for football players of his stature, especially when they play in the city they grew up, want to live in and is London?

And Shearer turned down ManU at least once to move to his boyhood club, Newcastle ...... almost certainly knowing he'd never win anything there.

So not a certainty Kane wants to move

But it is a certainly he wants to win trophies, he said so himself.

And we have shown him nothing that he can do that with our past actions and recent/future hires.

I suspect that this summer those 3 clubs are the only ones with the finances to possibly buy Kane.

Next summer that shortlist could increase with Madrid, Barcleona, Bayern etc, but it will still be a relatively small number of clubs.

I don't think Kane is in a rush to move, not least with pandemic still creating uncertainty espcially in Europe. And if he wants to move to 'win things' its possibly more likely he goes to a european club.

But I'm not convinced Kane definitely wants to move ..... and if he does it will be clear to his agent that next summer will be a better time to engineer a move with only 2 years left on his contract,

I think that's being a bit naive. He clearly wants to move on immediately.

He's always said that if he feels Tottenham are challenging and being ambitious, he is happy to stay. Well we have given up on challenging and the chairman has today spelled out that we have no ambition either. Of course Kane would want to go. What sporting reason does he have to stay? Kane is a professional sportsman not a professional Tottenham fan.

But it is a certainly he wants to win trophies, he said so himself.

And we have shown him nothing that he can do that with our past actions and recent/future hires.

I might want the most fantastic looking woman in the world.

Doesn't mean I will make much progress in that department.

Sharer always said he wanted to win .... but what he won was being top scorer in PL .... no team titles or cups

Back
Top Bottom