Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's crazy to think that the rumoured contract for Fonseca is 2 years, with 1 year option - and that's would be a fairly long managerial stint......and yet Kane's remaining 3 year contract is talked about like its already over.
A decent player is an asset that starts depreciating when their contract is two years or less

a shit manager selected by a shit chairman is a liability so the lesser the term, the lower the liability when the clueless chairman sacks him in a few months

It's crazy to think that the rumoured contract for Fonseca is 2 years, with 1 year option - and that's would be a fairly long managerial stint......and yet Kane's remaining 3 year contract is talked about like its already over.

I think the difference is in drive and motivation, and the 2 circumstances are different. Pretty sure the vast majority here would be delighted for Harry to stay (I definitely would). But if he's agitating for a move, and we all know the reason why if that's the case, I can understand why many feel it may be better to move on and accept that we have to rebuild without him. Of course, Levy's entirely within his right to enforce the contract and if he does, I'm sure we all hope that Harry remains professional and will continue to put in his shifts.

I think the difference is in drive and motivation, and the 2 circumstances are different. Pretty sure the vast majority here would be delighted for Harry to stay (I definitely would). But if he's agitating for a move, and we all know the reason why if that's the case, I can understand why many feel it may be better to move on and accept that we have to rebuild without him. Of course, Levy's entirely within his right to enforce the contract and if he does, I'm sure we all hope that Harry remains professional and will continue to put in his shifts.

He's the one player you can rely on continuing to try, his motivations might be personal - but even a slightly selfish Kane up front will be much better than a fully team orientated replacement.

He's the one player you can rely on continuing to try, his motivations might be personal - but even a slightly selfish Kane up front will be much better than a fully team orientated replacement.
Sure he was already getting 'slower' and 'too greedy'...

raftaar%2F2021-05%2Fd09a49e4-c1b3-4add-89a5-12aaeab65e56%2F94cc0481e3d4c74ab1dca2072ee3a59da0433672fa2b6f68e738754178cb606e.jpg

And Shearer turned down ManU at least once to move to his boyhood club, Newcastle ...... almost certainly knowing he'd never win anything there.

So not a certainty Kane wants to move
This is true, Kane talks of regrets but surely the biggest regret would be to not win anything at the club he loves, let's face it Man City win things without him so if he were to go there its a bit of a hollow trophy, should they win anything.

Back
Top Bottom