Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've heard he wanted a long contract at the time as he was, probably rightly, worried about injuries.
Your message implies you know about what goes on behind the scenes, quite possible as you spout nothing but propaganda in my opinion .

Perhaps you could pass on the following message next time they are briefing you on what to say

”Wow, thank you Saint Daniel you are a man whose philanthropy knows no end. We are truly blessed to have you running our club , Harry is super lucky you stepped up in his hour of need”

Strange thing is those injury worries have not gone away and I doubt a blow torch to the testicles would make him sign an extension

I don't think Kane's value is significantly lower next summer, though. He's still under contract for 2 years, the market for his services (unless something happens) will still be incredibly competitive among a handful of uber-rich clubs, and we're a year of more normal football away from Covid with the money that brings.

Value is all about supply and demand. In 12 months there will still be only 1 Harry Kane, and he'll still be multiple seasons away from being on the open market. Throw in the financial improvements over the next year, and its likely Kane is worth more next summer.

I'd honestly wait to sell, I think. Even valuing him more monetarily than athletically.

His age is the problem. He will be 29 next year, two years left on his contract, his value will be lower than the summer. Also let's say Man City buy Haaland this summer and Chelsea buy Lukaku, it means there will be only one realistic option in the PL for him to go to if he still wants to go of course and that lack of alternatives means there won't be a bidding war thus harming our chance of maximising his value

People are speculating he won't try for Spurs in the future - I'm saying he will always try.....partly because he wants to continue to break individual records
If he stays, even half-arsed Kane will get 3 combinations with Son next year. That's that one.

He's going to need a season and a half to do Greaves (45 behind) and to get Aguero's 185 league goals for one club record. Not sure he will see that.

If we could buy a couple of strikers like Daka and Isak then I'd be prepared to let Harry leave. From what Levy says we need to sell before we buy, money will be tight for the next few years and the squad needs refreshing. No point having a well connected bloke like Paratici if he hasn't got a dime to spend.

If we could buy a couple of strikers like Daka and Isak then I'd be prepared to let Harry leave. From what Levy says we need to sell before we buy, money will be tight for the next few years and the squad needs refreshing. No point having a well connected bloke like Paratici if he hasn't got a dime to spend.

it’s fine for Levy to say we need to sell. But then fucking sell then! If Kane wants out and City will meet our price and we have an option to buy Daka and Isak then do it but don’t haggle an extra £2m till deadline day and then leave us with shit purchasing options. That is my concern.

I just hope Pratici is given actual power over transfers and he is more than a fall boy for Levy. We will know if he has by how we operate this window, if we are selling and buying on deadline day and missing out then you know nothing has really changed.

Last edited:
His age is the problem. He will be 29 next year, two years left on his contract, his value will be lower than the summer. Also let's say Man City buy Haaland this summer and Chelsea buy Lukaku, it means there will be only one realistic option in the PL for him to go to if he still wants to go of course and that lack of alternatives means there won't be a bidding war thus harming our chance of maximising his value
But, conversely, increasing our chances of keeping him here.

I do not care about maximising the sale price. He stays as his worth will be more than the sale price that will no doubt be squandered. Now Levy may think differently but why do the anti Levy brigade side with Kane going. If we sell him for a pittance in the last year of the contract like Eriksen that is better than let him leave now. Hopefully in 3 years time the Government will have allowed full attendances and the money earned from that will far outweighed the loss of transfer income.

it’s fine for Levy to say we need to sell. But then fucking sell then! If Kane wants out and City will meet our price and we have an option to buy Daka and Isak then do it but don’t haggle an extra £2m till deadline day and then leave us with shit purchasing options. That is my concern.

I just hope Pratici is given actual power over transfers and he is more than a fall boy for Levy. We will know if he has by how we operate this window, if we are selling and buying on deadline day and missing out then you know nothing has really changed.
Yeah, interesting point. But I wonder how much the Euros will affect the timing of any completions? Feels like a lot of (justifiable) blame could go on people not being willing to commit while they are in the tournament. If they aren't in the tournament, less chance we'd be interested.

Sell to buy?

LOL.

Well, Sissoko, Winks, Aurier, Davies, Sanchez and even Lamela are still here.

That's 60m worth of players and 300k worth of weekly wages.

Then fucking sell, stop haggling around.

I do not care about maximising the sale price. He stays as his worth will be more than the sale price that will no doubt be squandered. Now Levy may think differently but why do the anti Levy brigade side with Kane going. If we sell him for a pittance in the last year of the contract like Eriksen that is better than let him leave now. Hopefully in 3 years time the Government will have allowed full attendances and the money earned from that will far outweighed the loss of transfer income.
Agree, too many fans acting like accountants worrying about maximising sales price.

Who gives a fuck?

We will not replace his goals if he leaves plain and simple, our best bet would be to force him to see out his contract.

Of course Levy will go for the dough but that's why we've won fuck all under ENIC, sadly some of our fanbase have bought into the buy low, sell high ENIC mantra now.

Agree, too many fans acting like accountants worrying about maximising sales price.

Who gives a fuck?
People love to feel like insiders, like they are thinking as the powerful think.

It is interesting to consider and understand Levy and ENIC's interests and thought processes as an intellectual exercise. But as fans we have distinct interests and should press them as such. We're a player in this show too.

Back
Top Bottom