Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he did a pretty good job this summer, although not 10 out of 10. We have to remember he only started on the 1st July and so hasn't been in the job long at all. This time next year is when he should really be judged and on who we bring in next summer and keep at the club.

I have no doubt that the players who left needed moving in to help a squad rebuild.

Other than Gollini none of incoming players have played in PL before so we need to give them all time to adjust before we can make any kind of judgement on them.

But I can certainly see why Gil was bought - only about 50 appearances in La Liga so still inexperienced but looks highly skilled and really tries to make things happen. I assumed he was a winger before he arrived but he is more like an Eriksen ( albeit playing in a different way) with his potential effect on the game. Potentially a game changing signing for us.

My general feeling is he changed out older players ( Sissoko, Aurier, Aldereeireld, Rose,Hart, Lamela ) to bring in much younger players ( other than ,26 year old Gollini all others are under 22) who with returning Loaners 20 year old Skipp and 21 year old Sessegnon, really invigorates the squad allowing more energy consuming tactics such as pressing to be more widely used. And by keeping Kane we ended up with a stronger squad than last season - and a squad which can be more easily strengthened next summer as we have fewer obvious deadwood to move on.

Going into this window it was obvious to me we could not expect to move on the maybe 10 players who ideally should have moved on - so with the moves made its a good solid '6.5 or 7 out of 10 for the transfer window.

And Nuno seems to have Dele more enthused and useful as an attacking CM than he has been for a couple of years, whilst our CB duo of Sanchez and Diet have looked far more reliable and capable than they ever looked under Mourhino. Only disappointment so far is Ndombele has not yet responded to Nuno - but 3 substantial improvements out of 4 players is good news

Seen it online but him getting an attacking partner for Kane & Son is a masterclass
I’ll say it… no team has done more effective recruitment than us this season. Romero, Bentancur and Kulusevski have dramatically improved us. And two of those were in January! Those three signings alone cannot be beaten by anyone else.

Well done spurs for doing excellent recruitment this season.

If I was in charge. I would call up Rangnick and ask him what it would cost to get him to leave the Austria job.

As a manager at United he was welming. But his strength lies in building teams. Let him come in and set up the entire first team and youth structure. Let him recruit a manager that plays his football and rebuild.

And if Enic are not leaving it would make sense for them to look at how the Red Bull clubs operate. Competitive without throwing the truly insane money around.

What a fucking mess we are....
Paratici a fucking football criminal...
Our Chairman a fucking clueless, money grabbing cunt...
Our 'owner' a fucking anonymous, Monaco boat cruising Tax exile cunt...

And our ex-manager; a Narcissistic, wig wearing cunt...

We are truly fucked!!

Reset Spurs... PLEASE!

Levy has to get a grip and just fire him. Pay up his contract and be done with it.

We cannot be paralysed by this situation forever. Paratici has been a mediocre DoF anyway, we won’t miss him. Anyone who thinks Bryan Gil x Nuno makes football sense should not be in a job anyway.
I genuinely cannot fathom why he’s still around.

It’s absurd.

If true shows exactly why he needed to go. To be fair if this is the case this isn’t a Levy fuck up as he trusted his DoF

But that is such a poor selection of managers. Gattuso, Nuno, Stellini, Luis Enrique. Either crap or unsuitable.

Anyone else feel like this appointment only made sense when in conjunction with Conte coming in as manager?

With Conte having seen sense I'd have preferred Rangick or Campos coming in as DoF, rather than the guy that spunked £400k per week all over Aaron Ramsay's face...

I do remember it very well and I stand by my point

Appointing a novice like Mason a few days before a cup final after sacking an experienced manager was one of the worst decisions Levy has ever made
The worst decision was not sacking him after we lost in Europe or when he made that disgraceful comment about 'same manager, different players'.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom