Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paratici appointment is a risky one. Going down the route of sign free transfers will bloat our wages. If no quick results we will end up with pricey deadwoods. And very likely will be the case

Have to say hiring a DoF is a step in the right direction. Also an admission from Levy that the recruitment team need help.

Hitchen-Paratici doesn't strike me as a natural combination though, if only because there would seem to be a lot of overlap in their remits. So it's possible that Hitchen is about to revert to a scout-only role, or even move on.

The disappointment I feel is that Levy has bottled making a braver appointment like Campos or Rangnick. With Paratici, he's giving up a little control on the football side, but probably not much. Paratici seems like a Baldini type who won't insist too much if he sees things differently to Levy. Indeed definitely possible that he has been brought in to back Levy, and give a veneer of football credibility to, for example, selling Kane.

Still, overall a step forward I think.

Have to say hiring a DoF is a step in the right direction. Also an admission from Levy that the recruitment team need help.

Hitchen-Paratici doesn't strike me as a natural combination though, if only because there would seem to be a lot of overlap in their remits. So it's possible that Hitchen is about to revert to a scout-only role, or even move on.

The disappointment I feel is that Levy has bottled making a braver appointment like Campos or Rangnick. With Paratici, he's giving up a little control on the football side, but probably not much. Paratici seems like a Baldini type who won't insist too much if he sees things differently to Levy. Indeed definitely possible that he has been brought in to back Levy, and give a veneer of football credibility to, for example, selling Kane.

I would imagine the new guy is going to be used to get the deals done. Wine and dine type like Baldini, Hitchen will still get the targets but it will still come down to Levy as always.

Gasperini punching Levy in the face when he tells him to play Dele or Winks more to up their value would be very interesting.

That would make the £1200 season ticket money well spent.
Gasperini sounds like quite the long shot. I don't think he has ever talked about wanting to manage outside of Italy at all.

And he has a tremendous amount of power at Atalanta. He forced the club to sell their star player in January because they didn't get along. Not many other clubs playing in the CL would give their manager that amount of power.

Well, judging by Paratici's track record, this is the kind of deal he'd have done @ Juventus.

And won't be doing @ Spurs.

We'll see what else Paratici has in his locker.

EDIT: and the irony is that Levy gave Sissoko to Poch, rather than Wijnaldum, all those years ago when Newcastle were relegated.

PSG beat Barcelona to the free signing of Georginio Wijnaldum after offering him more than DOUBLE the salary, as former Liverpool star snubs reunion with his old Holland boss Ronald Koeman to agree three-year contract​

PSG beat Barcelona to free signing of Liverpool's Georginio Wijnaldum

I think people get confused between the roles of DoF and Head Scout
Well, Levy is certainly confused about the difference.

If Paratici says "let's sign the perma-crocked Aaron Ramsey for £400k pw", Levy is going to say No.

And I bet there's nothing in the contract that gives Paratici power to overrule Levy.

:levyeyes:

Paratici appointment is a risky one. Going down the route of sign free transfers will bloat our wages. If no quick results we will end up with pricey deadwoods. And very likely will be the case
We’ve got enough of those already!

Hitchen can barely strike a natural combination with the blokes working the bins post game, so teaming him up with any kind of football professional may look odd.

Haha, are we hiring Frank Drebin?

giphy.gif

Well, Levy is certainly confused about the difference.

If Paratici says "let's sign the perma-crocked Aaron Ramsey for £400k pw", Levy is going to say No.

And I bet there's nothing in the contract that gives Paratici power to overrule Levy.

:levyeyes:

Normally the agreed deals are signed off by an FD, like any business, I guess that will still be Levy.

I actually think Paratici is going to be of more value in selling players / telling Levy that Sissoko has no transfer value, etc

Back
Top Bottom